Originally Posted by darknight5
I have try and no luck. Projector stuck with red light and not recognized by laptop. No power, no USB connect. I suggest that you first check under preferences in DLP composer under communication that USB has a check in the box. If USB is not checked there can be no USB connectionion.
Is there safe mode to reset?
I don't know of any safe mode reset. You can try to unplug and leave the projector off for a short time and try again. You might want to check under the edit menu preferences communications that you have selected USB connection and that you hit reset bus in the flash loader and select Complete image download.
If this does not work you might want to look at the service manual links posted on page 181 of this thread and use a usb to RS232 serial connection to see if that works. I would also suggest that you try a different USB port on your laptop to try to get a USB connection before you do this when the red light is lit on the projector. I had an issue with one of my USB ports on the projector.
0.5 - The projector needs to be turned ON before you start.
1. Write down all your settings before starting an update. (If you do not you will loose all your settings)
2. I suggest that you create a new folder on your desktop called 1070 firmware in the new folder.
3. Download the download tool and unzip it to the new folder.
4. Download the new separate 106 img file to the same folder from the link above.
5. .Install the download tool. It is called DLP composer. Also download the Flash Device Parameters file (It was included in the download already).
5A Copy the Flash Device Parameters.txt file to the DLP composer program file (It is under programs x86 DLP Composer on your C drive.) Use Copy and paste. The folder you want to paste this file to will be on the c drive after you install DLP composer.
6. Open the DLP Composer tool and go to edit-->preferences.
7. When the window opens go to communication and set it to USB
8. Close this window and click on flash loader on the opening screen. A window will open.
8. Put a check beside "Complete Image Download" Also check "Skip Boot loader" Change from default 16kb to 32Kb
9. On the top of the flash loader hit the browse button and go to your folder 106 img file (the actual firmware file in your desktop folder).
10. Insert the USB cable in the min plug on the projector and into your computer. (Wait for the drivers to load. This should take a minute with windows 7 or 8
11. Unplug the projector by removing the power cord. Now, push the "power" and "auto" buttons at the same time. Plug in the projector power cord while holding the buttons. The LED on the projector will turn red if you are in download mode (It must turn red to install the firmware. If it turns orange do this again until you only get the red led) This is very important.
12 Click the Reset Bus and Start Download in the DLP Composer program. The upgrade process should take a few minutes. A timer will start telling you how long it will take.
13. Do not unplug anything during the process. When everything completes the LED on the projector will turn to standby orange.
14. Unplug the USB cable and turn the projector on
15 You will have to put all your settings back in and turn source select to auto
16. Instructions are also available in the service manual PDF you downloaded to your folder.
17. Only do this upgrade at your own risk and if you are familiar with doing firmware updates..
18. You do not need the service tool to do the firmware update the firmware and write down your settings