BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 196 - AVS Forum
First ... 194  195  196 197  198  ... Last
Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP > BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$
rwestley's Avatar rwestley 09:33 AM 08-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by meditator1 View Post

I had a small issue with the drivers myself. What worked for me was to install the usb drivers from within windows at step 10 with the projector unplugged.( The drivers are in the composer routine.) That step says windows will load the drivers, but they didn't. Once the drivers are installed, at step ten windows will "load" the drivers. Proceed through the remaining steps from there. As others have written, follow the directions precisely, take your time, as there is a very real possibility of bricking the unit.

On a personal note...I need help. Last night my unit developed an issue. Bummed!! There is a purple-ish,diagonal, squiggly line running from the upper right-hand corner all the way down to the bottom left corner. It almost looks like a piece of hair or something over the lens. I can't imagine debris getting inside the projector, but maybe? Any thoughts, experiences with this would be appreciated. Otherwise, the picture quality remains excellent. Thought maybe it is a bulb issue, but the projector appears to be functioning normally otherwise.
Thanks,
Carl

I wonder if it is possible to take the lens out to see if something got on the inside portion of it? You might want to look at the poster service manual for instructions. I think the links are on page 181 or 182. If you can't find them pm me with your email and I will send you the PDF.

THe_Flash's Avatar THe_Flash 12:35 PM 08-06-2013
As far as drivers, I never installed any and I never noticed that Windows did either. I used Win8 x64 and went right into DLP composer and did the update without any issues.
meditator1's Avatar meditator1 02:31 PM 08-06-2013
Congratulations, nicely done. I think you'll find the benefits worth the effort.
c
meditator1's Avatar meditator1 02:40 PM 08-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

I wonder if it is possible to take the lens out to see if something got on the inside portion of it? You might want to look at the poster service manual for instructions. I think the links are on page 181 or 182. If you can't find them pm me with your email and I will send you the PDF.

Thanks, rwestley. It's worth a shot. Hate the thought of being without this if it is something serious. Just stopped home for a few minutes, so I'll look for that when I get home in a couple of hours or so. If I don't see it, I will PM you. As always, thanks for the help.
Carl
smokenz's Avatar smokenz 07:12 AM 08-07-2013
i did the update with no issues.
noticed the hdmi handshake is faster when changing desktop resolutions.
haven't tested out much of the new 3d options yet. but i did end up getting Nvidia 3dtv play, which has unlocked more 3d in my games. metro last light looks pretty impressive at 720p. nice and smooth, no crosstalk, easy on the eyes. also helps that im getting pretty solid 60fps so the motion is smooth.

so far, i'm really enjoying this projector.

the only side note id make is that i have the VIP glasses. and althogh they are really good, i do notice they reflect from behind, so depending where i sit i can see a photo frame behind me haha. has anyone tried to heat up and move the position of 3d glasses to prevent reflection from behind? if i could solve this, id say the 3d is pretty much perfect for what 3d can offer these days
plangevin's Avatar plangevin 08:34 AM 08-07-2013
Hi guys,

I'm having issues with my W1250 (w1070). I just bought it last week and finally set it up last night and I've noticed that every time I start up my projector, it won't detect any sources. I always need to unplug /replug the hdmi from the projector for it to pick up everything?

Here is my setup:

W1070 to AVR-1912 to PS3 / RASPBMC

I've tried connecting my projector to a decent powerbar, as opposed to the wall outlet and I am using a 15' HDMI Flat cable, which is brand new.

Has anyone had this issue and found the source of the problem?

Thanks!
rolling01's Avatar rolling01 09:13 AM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by plangevin View Post

Hi guys,

Has anyone had this issue and found the source of the problem?

Thanks!

The problem is the seating of the hdmi cable in the projector. A few people have found trimming around the connector to allow it to fit better has worked.
plangevin's Avatar plangevin 09:32 AM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post

The problem is the seating of the hdmi cable in the projector. A few people have found trimming around the connector to allow it to fit better has worked.

That simple? That's fantastic.

I'll give that a try tonight when I get home. Thumbs up for you ;-)
Scotty Leon's Avatar Scotty Leon 10:10 AM 08-07-2013
I have had this projector for over 1 month and I love it. Does anyone have any optimum settings for football? Also Oblivion is now my goto movie to show my projector off.

thanks
djkest's Avatar djkest 12:24 PM 08-07-2013
Just wondering if anyone can take a look at my plans for my theater room to make sure that I am not missing some sort of glaring issue. I am planning on getting the BenQ w1070, I have saved up $650 so far. I did see it as cheap at $850 a couple weeks ago on Amazon, but it's around $900 now. Anyway, the room is 12 x 18 but the viewing distance from the chairs to the screen will be about 10' 6". I am planning on a 100" Elite Screen Fixed fram screen with 1.0 gain (matte white). It will be flanked by some tower speakers.

With a 100" screen in mind, my throw distance should be right around 9', which means I will ceiling mount the PJ 9' back from the screen. The lens will be 14-16" from the ceiling, since the lens needs to be within 2" of the screen's top edge.

I put this together by converting the mm to feet.
projector_distances.png

I have already purchased a monoprice 22 gauge high-speed certified HDMI cable to run through the ceiling. I will be putting an electrical outlet in the ceiling near the expected PJ location for power.
djkest's Avatar djkest 01:12 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post

Looks like you have done your homework. The projector distances should work out fine. My only input is that I would go with a larger screen. At 10.5 feet a 120" screen would be great if you can swing it.
The W1070 has tons of light to go even larger.

Thanks for your reply. Due to the odd shape of my room and other factors, 100" is the biggest I can go. I am going from a 46" TV at about the same viewing distance, so I think I'll be OK, at least for now.
sojodave's Avatar sojodave 02:10 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkest View Post

Just wondering if anyone can take a look at my plans for my theater room to make sure that I am not missing some sort of glaring issue. I am planning on getting the BenQ w1070, I have saved up $650 so far. I did see it as cheap at $850 a couple weeks ago on Amazon, but it's around $900 now. Anyway, the room is 12 x 18 but the viewing distance from the chairs to the screen will be about 10' 6". I am planning on a 100" Elite Screen Fixed fram screen with 1.0 gain (matte white). It will be flanked by some tower speakers.

With a 100" screen in mind, my throw distance should be right around 9', which means I will ceiling mount the PJ 9' back from the screen. The lens will be 14-16" from the ceiling, since the lens needs to be within 2" of the screen's top edge.

I put this together by converting the mm to feet.
projector_distances.png

I have already purchased a monoprice 22 gauge high-speed certified HDMI cable to run through the ceiling. I will be putting an electrical outlet in the ceiling near the expected PJ location for power.

I have the 100" electric screen from Elite and my projector is 10'5" back from the screen. You will want to order a one-plug surge protector for your projector to go into your plug. Amazon has some that are pretty cheap. I got the cheap Monoprice mount, but it works great.
mrh1's Avatar mrh1 03:44 PM 08-07-2013
Hi,
Ok so I have updated to 1.06, I'm using a HTPC with AMD GPU 6*** using the latest drivers, if I set the PC for 1080p 60hz, I can only select top & bottom for 3d. I have to change the PC to 1080i 30hz to select sbs mode...
Having read the post people are able to select sbs when in 1080p 60hz, what am I doing wrong. Have tried it through XBMC and direct using VCL player.
Anyone got any ideas
Ilia82's Avatar Ilia82 04:19 PM 08-07-2013
Hi guys, just want a clarification on:

11. Unplug the projector. Now, push the "power" and "auto" buttons at the same time. Plug in the projector while holding the buttons. The LED on the projector will turn red if you are in download mode (It must turn red to install the firmware. If it turns orange do this again until you only get the red led) This is very important.

When you say unplug is it from power or from USB?

What I am doing is powering it down waiting till complete off (fan off), then pressing the two buttons while pluging the power plug back, it goes to red state straight away (no fan is spinning) - but at that time dlp composer is reporting "no USB projector" where as before it was fine, reset bus also reports no USB projector connected.

Thanks in advance
Cowboys's Avatar Cowboys 04:27 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrh1 View Post

Hi,
Ok so I have updated to 1.06, I'm using a HTPC with AMD GPU 6*** using the latest drivers, if I set the PC for 1080p 60hz, I can only select top & bottom for 3d. I have to change the PC to 1080i 30hz to select sbs mode...
Having read the post people are able to select sbs when in 1080p 60hz, what am I doing wrong. Have tried it through XBMC and direct using VCL player.
Anyone got any ideas
Set your PC to 1080p/24Hz and it ll play SBS, TB and FP.
hotjt133's Avatar hotjt133 05:03 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia82 View Post

When you say unplug is it from power or from USB?

No, you have to unplug the power cord. It is quite inconvenient and difficult to do it while mounted, but you have to do this. Or, if you have a hard switch on power outlet, you can use that instead of unplugging the power cord.

Also to remember, that after the power cord is plugged in, do not immeditately release the 2 buttons. Keep them pressed for a few more seconds, otherwise it won't go into download mode.
CheYC's Avatar CheYC 06:21 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post

Got a room build link?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1485079/movie-sports-yankees-room

smile.gif
THe_Flash's Avatar THe_Flash 07:02 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty Leon View Post

Also Oblivion is now my goto movie to show my projector off.
Yeah wow! Just watched it for the first time tonite with a coworker. It looked magnificent.
LFM2's Avatar LFM2 07:30 PM 08-07-2013
Ilia82, I got that error message when I started the step where you hit the Flashdownloader button and change the settings. At that point, the projector had not been connected at all. In the next step the USB was connected while the projector is turned on and the drivers load automatically. A message comes up that the drivers are installed. Were you able to install the drivers? If you did that successfully then there is communication between the projector and your computer. I personally did not complete the upgrade until the next day. I disconnected the USB cable and then reconnected the next day and everything went fine.If you got the drivers to download then possibly the USB cable is intermittently defective.You do unplug the projector from the AC and leave the USB connected when putting the projector in the download mode.
JoeBoy73's Avatar JoeBoy73 08:46 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by THe_Flash View Post

Yeah wow! Just watched it for the first time tonite with a coworker. It looked magnificent.
Oblivion looks great on this PJ! I just wish ALL MOVIES were filmed in this manner. I really don't like the "film grain" look some movies have. The close up shot of TC's face after he wakes up looks great!
OZReddog's Avatar OZReddog 09:00 PM 08-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokenz View Post

the only side note id make is that i have the VIP glasses. and althogh they are really good, i do notice they reflect from behind, so depending where i sit i can see a photo frame behind me haha. has anyone tried to heat up and move the position of 3d glasses to prevent reflection from behind? if i could solve this, id say the 3d is pretty much perfect for what 3d can offer these days

I have had the same problem as I have the projector slightly above my chair back level and to the left. This gives a light patch reflection in the glasses. I found that the light got in via the top left corner of the glasses in my case, as the light source was from there. I found that if I cupped my hand around the glasses the light patch (reflection) was stopped.

I applied some tape 'flaps' (i.e. attached to the frame front only and leaning on the arms, so the arms could still be closed) I also trimmed the tape to fit around the curve of my face. It worked. You could also use cardboard.

I also found that the addition of the flaps stopped the glasses loosing sync when the sunlight level changed outside. We have a 1.8m window on the left of the screen and a 2.7m window on the right. So ambient light can cause problems during the day. We have heavy sunblock curtains that can be closed when sun levels are extreme.
vanylapep's Avatar vanylapep 12:22 AM 08-08-2013
Hi, is it normal that when powered off there's a green led and orange led that are always on?
Ilia82's Avatar Ilia82 04:23 AM 08-08-2013
Thanks guys for the help, the concern I had was that I was using a virtual machine (VMware) since I don't have a windows machine at home, so win7 didn't work at all for me, it was not finding the projector thru USB, but winxp did, and so far so good - updated and running. Longest 5 mins of my life smile.gif.
mrh1's Avatar mrh1 10:04 AM 08-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Set your PC to 1080p/24Hz and it ll play SBS, TB and FP.

Thanks that worked... smile.gif
mrh1's Avatar mrh1 10:13 AM 08-08-2013
I do have another problem with the 3d glasses staying in sync.

I do sit about 2.3meters away from the 200cm screen, I have to look up slightly, the bottom of the projector screen (white part) is just below eye level, don't know if this is a problem.

below is an email i sent to benq, haven't had a reply yet.

I have a problem when using 3d on my Benq W1070 projector using Benq 3D glasses (rechargeable ones).
I cannot get the glasses to stay in sync, works fine for about 30-40 sec then the lens in the glasses start to flash with a red tint and then goes almost solarized through the glasses, the picture on the screen is fine and just shows the blurred 3d image. You suggested a shorter HDMI lead as the one I'm using is 9 meters, have swapped it out for a 3 meter one, I still have the problem. This is playing back 3d Blue ray, but any 3d content give the same problem.
If I hold the glasses front first into the projector light beam, they sync straight away but then lose it about 30 sec after I have sat down.
The glasses are fully charged.

The projector is mounted inverted on a wall behind me and is projected onto a pullup screen.

Does anyone have any ideas....

Regards,

Martin
vagos1103gr1's Avatar vagos1103gr1 03:13 PM 08-08-2013
Hello everybody. I have connected all my devices through the yamaha the-4065 and the hdmi out to tv but if I want to. Connect the projector I am gonna need an hdmi splitter cause the receiver has only one hdmi out. Do you recommend me any good one?
ellisr63's Avatar ellisr63 04:12 PM 08-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagos1103gr1 View Post

Hello everybody. I have connected all my devices through the yamaha the-4065 and the hdmi out to tv but if I want to. Connect the projector I am gonna need an hdmi splitter cause the receiver has only one hdmi out. Do you recommend me any good one?

I had one that worked fine... I bought it from MonoPrice.
pdxrealtor's Avatar pdxrealtor 04:14 PM 08-08-2013
Anyone notice a very high pitch sound from this PJ when it's off and the room is silent? Almost exactly like that sound you get when you dim your lights almost all the way, but not quite to off.
vagos1103gr1's Avatar vagos1103gr1 04:37 PM 08-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

I had one that worked fine... I bought it from MonoPrice.

Can you tell me please the brand or can you give me the link?
teeger's Avatar teeger 04:58 PM 08-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post

Hi, is it normal that when powered off there's a green led and orange led that are always on?

It's funny that you would ask about the green and orange led lights BOTH being on when the unit is powered off. I just noticed this last night, when I walked into the darkened room where my projector is installed. Maybe it's always been like this . . . but I thought it a bit odd . . . I always thought that the orange light was the ONLY led that displays when the unit isn't powered on.

Later tonight I should power up the projector to see if it's running okay.

Any thoughts?

Ian
Tags: Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
First ... 194  195  196 197  198  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop