Ok, setup my projector last night and here are my thoughts. I used an old pull down screen from work that was 6' wide ( didnt measure diagonal ). I connected to a ps3, watched 2 movies ( watchment and avengers 3d) and played COD black ops II. I used the out of box settings since this is a temp setup. I did try both eco and normal lamps modes and flip through the pre-set pictures modes.
first COD, black ops II multiplayer online, I went 38:14 k/d on my first game, I am ussually a 1:1 kd player, so the input lag is much better than my 55" sony lcd tv in game mode, that was pretty consistent through the 10 or so games I played in different lobbys. I am PSYCHED. playing in 3d multiplayer was smooth and vivid, I am not sure I will play that way all the time, but its a must try, have to log some more time, it will take a little while to get used to...
- saisonic 144hz ebay glasses work fine for 3D, very vivid and in normal mode plenty bright. I dont have benqs to compare to but am happy with these for now, although I do wish the lenses were bigger. There is a button on the top right and you have to click through a few times to get to 144hz then they lock in. Didnt really lose the signal at all once working.
- 3d no flickering at all, 3d was better than anything I have seen at the theatres ( I live near an IMAX, in fact have my hobbit tix for tonight!)
- I didnt find this to be a light cannon or anything, on the old crappy screen images were bright in hd and 3d and 720p ps3 gaming. I wont be getting a grey screen or anything.
- black levels were fine, I definately wouldnt call them inky, but I dont have much to compare too. with the lights off in the room I could definately make out the difference between the screen and true dark, but once movies were playing it wasnt noticable or distracting. Looking at the screen itself, the characters black hair etc, it looked really black, even inky, so not really sure how to judge this.
- I didnt see any RBE, even when looking for it, but I am not particularly sensitive.
- fan was loud, but because this is temp setup, it was on a table less than a foot from me. have to see once its mounted how it is.
- did notice the red flash until the glasses got synced, if you are seeing that I think you are on the wrong frequency for the glasses.
Overall I am psyched, I got the great deal from ncix. I will be logging tons of hours on this thing and cant wait for my screen to arrive so I can really setup the home theatre. SWMBO was very annoyed when I spent the money, and took it all back when I played a couple minutes of movies for her and she is used to watching our 60" Sony LCOS XBR.
hope this helps you all, let me know if you have more questions. I wont get a chance to watch to much tonight 6:30 Hobbit showing
ps, anyone on the Boston area want to buy a 60" 3LCD Sony projection