BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 229 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #6841 of 9885 Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredxr2d2 View Post

The one that I bought was this one: http://www.joann.com/premium-felt-/zprd_02109106a.html#prefn1=isProject&q=felt&prefv1=false&start=7 I think. Basically, when I went into the store they had a sale and I decided to go with the "better" of the two, though I'm sure either is fine. And I velcroed to the side of the frame and that seemed to work (my hangers are on the top and bottom). Either way, I think you'll see a drastic improvement with adding a good backing on there, so the tablecloth might work too. My best advice is to go with whatever works for you in terms of budget and your space (because I don't know either one as well as you do), but that definitely putting a backing on the screen will greatly improve picture quality.

And standard velcro tape was sticky enough to stick to the felt? E.g. something like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Fastening-Tape-0-75inch-Wrap/dp/B004AF9II6/ref=pd_sbs_op_2
http://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-U-S-A-Velcro-12-Feet-VEK90340/dp/B000078CUB/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1385498496&sr=8-5&keywords=velcro+tape

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6842 of 9885 Old 11-26-2013, 12:54 PM
Member
 
fredxr2d2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 27

I used something like these: http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Brand-Sticky-Back-Pkg-Black/dp/B000TGSPV6/ref=pd_sim_op_5 and they haven't come off yet. I didn't even let them "set" like you're supposed to.

Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Currently watching on:
BenQ W1070 1080P 3D DLP Projector, 82" 1.0 Gain Fixed Frame Screen, PS3, with Yamaha RX-V473, SVS PB-1000, a Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000, and 4 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800s.
fredxr2d2 is offline  
post #6843 of 9885 Old 11-26-2013, 01:23 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Went with the premium felt over the tablecloth option, the former should be a bit more light-absorbent and it was reasonably priced (Joann's has a 40 percent sale going). And ordered some velcro tape (my error, the links I posted were for non-sticky velcro strips, got the right stuff now) to attach it to the back of the screen frame, good call to attach on the sides, that way it doesn't interfere with the mounting hardware top and bottom. And presumably felt can be cut to size without fraying, so that's another plus.

Thanks for all the help, this forum is a pretty fantastic source of info.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is online now  
post #6844 of 9885 Old 11-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Member
 
fredxr2d2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

Went with the premium felt over the tablecloth option, the former should be a bit more light-absorbent and it was reasonably priced (Joann's has a 40 percent sale going). And ordered some velcro tape (my error, the links I posted were for non-sticky velcro strips, got the right stuff now) to attach it to the back of the screen frame, good call to attach on the sides, that way it doesn't interfere with the mounting hardware top and bottom. And presumably velcro can be cut to size without fraying, so that's another plus.

Thanks for all the help, this forum is a pretty fantastic source of info.


You're welcome for the help and best of luck on your W1070 and screen. I love mine and I can only assume you'll love yours even more with the screen and backing. Yay for projectors!!!

Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Currently watching on:
BenQ W1070 1080P 3D DLP Projector, 82" 1.0 Gain Fixed Frame Screen, PS3, with Yamaha RX-V473, SVS PB-1000, a Definitive Technology ProCenter 1000, and 4 Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800s.
fredxr2d2 is offline  
post #6845 of 9885 Old 11-26-2013, 02:40 PM
a|F
Member
 
a|F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Do you guys think the mitsubishi 7900 is better than the benq? Its only 999 at Tiger direct right now. ..
a|F is offline  
post #6846 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 01:51 AM
Member
 
Desisuperman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thinking about picking this up. It's a toss up between this unit and the W1080ST I do have a few questions for those already using this unit.

I can place this unit at about 13'6" to get the desired screen size however it's with the zoom all the way out to 1.30 I believe. To get the same screen size I can place the W1080ST at approx 6' with no zoom. My question is..

1. Will using the optical zoom on the W1070 degrade picture quality
2. Is the W1080ST identical to the W1070. On paper it seems like it almost is.

Also, is anybody using a straight MDF board as their screen? What other cheap alternatives are there in terms of screens? The screen I'm looking at is from Eastporters and depending on the size will run me anywhere from $12-1500

Thanks in advance for the input and suggestions smile.gif
Desisuperman is offline  
post #6847 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desisuperman View Post

Thinking about picking this up. It's a toss up between this unit and the W1080ST I do have a few questions for those already using this unit.

I can place this unit at about 13'6" to get the desired screen size however it's with the zoom all the way out to 1.30 I believe. To get the same screen size I can place the W1080ST at approx 6' with no zoom. My question is..

1. Will using the optical zoom on the W1070 degrade picture quality
2. Is the W1080ST identical to the W1070. On paper it seems like it almost is.

Also, is anybody using a straight MDF board as their screen? What other cheap alternatives are there in terms of screens? The screen I'm looking at is from Eastporters and depending on the size will run me anywhere from $12-1500

Thanks in advance for the input and suggestions smile.gif

There is another issue. Mitsubishi is leaving the projector business so all projectors are being closed out. I also believe that the Mitsubishi is not as bright as the Benq and uses the D2 rather than the D3 chip. (Could be wrong on this). I have not read any reports of degraded picture quality with the optical zoom on the 1070. The 1080 has even a sorter throw and this could be a problem or benefit depending on the situation.
rwestley is online now  
post #6848 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 64
If anyone is looking for the w770 Newegg has it for $530 with free shipping after the coupon code.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824014346
rwestley is online now  
post #6849 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 05:33 PM
Member
 
CoxyUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Is there any chance that the next firmware (if there is one) will enable SBS 3D at 1080p 60?

CoxyUK is offline  
post #6850 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Member
 
sotodefonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Doesn't the last two firmwares already enable SBS at 1080p 60hz?
sotodefonk is offline  
post #6851 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 PM
Member
 
CoxyUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13

1.07 only allows SBS at 24hz

CoxyUK is offline  
post #6852 of 9885 Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I'm finding it impossible to get consistent focus across the image space. If the middle and upper portion of the image are in focus, the bottom will be a bit out of focus. If I focus the bottom, the middle and top are a bit out of focus. I've played around with the projector position, I have a geared mount that allows fine tuned adjustments, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm at close to max zoom, i.e. farthest from the screen to project a 120" image. I know others have found that closer mounting helps with consistent focus, but I don't want the projector in my peripheral vision in the middle of the ceiling. Also, my impression is others have had issues with one corner, whereas my issue is with both bottom corners and the whole bottom part of the image. Do I have unrealistic expectations for a 1K projector? Does what I've described suggest some positioning or other fix?

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is online now  
post #6853 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 08:21 AM
Member
 
sojourner353's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

I'm finding it impossible to get consistent focus across the image space. If the middle and upper portion of the image are in focus, the bottom will be a bit out of focus. If I focus the bottom, the middle and top are a bit out of focus. I've played around with the projector position, I have a geared mount that allows fine tuned adjustments, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm at close to max zoom, i.e. farthest from the screen to project a 120" image. I know others have found that closer mounting helps with consistent focus, but I don't want the projector in my peripheral vision in the middle of the ceiling. Also, my impression is others have had issues with one corner, whereas my issue is with both bottom corners and the whole bottom part of the image. Do I have unrealistic expectations for a 1K projector? Does what I've described suggest some positioning or other fix?
Mine has 2 bad courners but diagonal, turns out I was expecting too much from a budget projector but to reduce it on mine I found mounting it in a position where I didn't need to use keystone at all greatly reduced the problem.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
sojourner353 is online now  
post #6854 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
DEFINITELY not using keystone--if you are, probably best not to fess up on this forum! I've played around with lens shift, though, it doesn't seem to make a detectable difference.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is online now  
post #6855 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Member
 
Korihor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I can't really focus the right side of the screen, (the left and center look crystal clear). The right side seems to have a ton of chromatic aberration as well.

Any ideas?

"I've come to believe that we are living in a great VOID!"
Korihor is offline  
post #6856 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
hotjt133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

I'm at close to max zoom, i.e. farthest from the screen to project a 120" image.

That would be the issue. But I would like to call it minimum zoom. The terminology is very confusing. But I think it is more logical to say max zoom means from the fixed distance you get the largest picture.

And it has been mentioned by other posters, myself included, that the max zoom (my term, where you get the biggest picture) is the best for focus uniformity. I'm currently as max zoom and it is reasonably sharp across the entire screen. I did try some mid level zoom and one corner gets bad.

So if you don't want to move it closer, you may have to live with it. Or consider the Optoma? They are all longer throw than 1070.
hotjt133 is offline  
post #6857 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Senior Member
 
hotjt133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxyUK View Post

1.07 only allows SBS at 24hz

1.06 already supports SBS 1080p@60hz. There is another catch though. I think it needs RGB color space. Some other color spaces will still fall back to 24hz.
hotjt133 is offline  
post #6858 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Member
 
Auric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
But still can't show 1080p50 SBS
Auric is offline  
post #6859 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 02:37 PM
Member
 
CoxyUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjt133 View Post


1.06 already supports SBS 1080p@60hz. There is another catch though. I think it needs RGB color space. Some other color spaces will still fall back to 24hz.

I didn't know that! Well on the WDTV I can choose the colour space, any real world detriment if I select RGB instead of YUV?

CoxyUK is offline  
post #6860 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Member
 
CoxyUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13

Cheers hotjt133 just had a go and that's much better being able to leave it all on 1080p 60 now, assuming I'm not told RGB is a big no no.

 

I have 3 options, YUV, RGB low and RGB high. RGB low and YUV appear to my eye basically the same, RGB high lose detail (I have researched it and understand the basics of why).

 

I assume having changed from YUV to RGB I will have to calibrate my projector again?

CoxyUK is offline  
post #6861 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Member
 
mekret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
W1070 for $799.99 here.

EDIT: Also $799.99 here.
mekret is offline  
post #6862 of 9885 Old 11-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Newbie
 
jermnang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekret View Post

W1070 for $799.99 here.

Just picked one up.
The cheapest it will ever be.

Thanks!!!

Yes..... I am a noob...BUT I am gaining much knowledge from here!
jermnang is offline  
post #6863 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 03:13 AM
Member
 
Tommy Mang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

I'm finding it impossible to get consistent focus across the image space. If the middle and upper portion of the image are in focus, the bottom will be a bit out of focus. If I focus the bottom, the middle and top are a bit out of focus. I've played around with the projector position, I have a geared mount that allows fine tuned adjustments, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm at close to max zoom, i.e. farthest from the screen to project a 120" image. I know others have found that closer mounting helps with consistent focus, but I don't want the projector in my peripheral vision in the middle of the ceiling. Also, my impression is others have had issues with one corner, whereas my issue is with both bottom corners and the whole bottom part of the image. Do I have unrealistic expectations for a 1K projector? Does what I've described suggest some positioning or other fix?

My projector is hanging from the ceiling, I too have one corner out of focus (bottom left). It has been that way from the beginning. But to tell you the truth it doesn't bother me that much when watching movies. When projecting my PC desktop, that's another thing. But luckily I mainly use it for watching movies. (keystone not used, 100" screen, projector is a few cms from farthest postition of the screen)
Tommy Mang is offline  
post #6864 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 AM
Newbie
 
wasure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just a note on two problems with the projector that got fixed for me by buying a graphics card (for people using it with their PC):

the internal graphics on my PC said it did 3D. maybe, maybe not. it never worked for blu-rays (i tried every player software out there), and there was no way to throw the projector into 3D mode (greyed out). throwing in a $50 ATI card fixed that automatically.

with the internal graphics card on my PC, shutting off the projector and restarting it screwed up all my window sizes and positions. the graphics card fixed that as well.
wasure is offline  
post #6865 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
utee05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

Went with the premium felt over the tablecloth option, the former should be a bit more light-absorbent and it was reasonably priced (Joann's has a 40 percent sale going). And ordered some velcro tape (my error, the links I posted were for non-sticky velcro strips, got the right stuff now) to attach it to the back of the screen frame, good call to attach on the sides, that way it doesn't interfere with the mounting hardware top and bottom. And presumably felt can be cut to size without fraying, so that's another plus.

Thanks for all the help, this forum is a pretty fantastic source of info.

Thanks for the tips on this. I have an elunevision reference motorized screen and it does not have the black backing either. I had gotten a tip from someone in the dedicated home theater area to use metal strips and magnets to keep the black velvet fabric on the wall. I will probably eventually go the route of using the metal strips and magnets but for a quick fix I'll try out velcro and see how well that works.

Any issues with the velcro strips falling off after taking the fabric off and on multiple times?
utee05 is offline  
post #6866 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee05 View Post

Thanks for the tips on this. I have an elunevision reference motorized screen and it does not have the black backing either. I had gotten a tip from someone in the dedicated home theater area to use metal strips and magnets to keep the black velvet fabric on the wall. I will probably eventually go the route of using the metal strips and magnets but for a quick fix I'll try out velcro and see how well that works.

Any issues with the velcro strips falling off after taking the fabric off and on multiple times?

I haven't received the felt yet. My main concern is the Velcro tape's glue adhering to the fabric. I suppose if needed I could always supplement with some other glue. Not planning on removing once attached, so wear of Velcro is a moot issue, why would you?

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is online now  
post #6867 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 448
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjt133 View Post

That would be the issue. But I would like to call it minimum zoom. The terminology is very confusing. But I think it is more logical to say max zoom means from the fixed distance you get the largest picture.

And it has been mentioned by other posters, myself included, that the max zoom (my term, where you get the biggest picture) is the best for focus uniformity. I'm currently as max zoom and it is reasonably sharp across the entire screen. I did try some mid level zoom and one corner gets bad.

So if you don't want to move it closer, you may have to live with it. Or consider the Optoma? They are all longer throw than 1070.

I called it max zoom to be consistent with photography and other lens applications, but I get that my term is unintuitive relative to screen size. Our projector does seem to focus better when closer to the screen, as you've observed, though I have a hard time explaining that result, it seems backwards, since the far away projector position should be maximizing depth of field plus using only the very best central part of the lens. I wonder if other projectors behave similarly or this is a quirk of our Benqs?

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is online now  
post #6868 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
utee05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post

I haven't received the felt yet. My main concern is the Velcro tape's glue adhering to the fabric. I suppose if needed I could always supplement with some other glue. Not planning on removing once attached, so wear of Velcro is a moot issue, why would you?

My projector drops in front of 2 windows that we use during the day when not viewing for natural light. If we didn't use them I would've plugged the windows by wife will not let me. So as a easier way to block the light would be to put fabric in front of the windows. I have blinds but there are gaps where lights till get through on the along the border of the windows.
utee05 is offline  
post #6869 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Newbie
 
mmolinar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Darn. Canadian orders only. Oh well...
mmolinar is offline  
post #6870 of 9885 Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Member
 
Flatland2D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can someone please clarify for me the lowest/highest lens position? I will be ceiling mounting the W1070 and projecting onto a 120" screen. The manual gives this measurement as 75 mm (~3"). Is that measured from the top of the screen to the center of the lens? Does this mean the W1070 needs to be at least 3" above the screen, or no more than 3" above the screen?
Flatland2D is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off