BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 313 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9361 of 9865 Old 06-23-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Just used my BenQ for 3D for the first time this weekend. I was using a set of the Sainsonic 3D glasses.

Similar to these, but I can't find the exact model I got. They were a Christmas gift and I'm finally getting around to trying them for the first time...
http://www.sainsonic.com/3d-active-g...projector.html

I was very happy with the results. Easily as good, if not better than what I get at the movie theaters. This was something I wasn't sure about at all.

The DLP Link is a interesting technology. The screen turns completely red when using DLP Link which surprised me. The glasses did a good, but not perfect, job of blocking the red out. I wish that the red wasn't quite so intense in the image, but it is what it is I suppose, but BenQ could certainly benefit from making available an aftermarket RF system for their projectors (all of them).

Still, the 3D was good. I watched Prometheus. It did not have extraordinary pop-out, but it was decent. It was pretty much what I was expecting. I may go watch Avatar and see how that looks.

Plusses:
BenQ immediately recognized the 3D disc and started playback. I didn't touch the projector, BD player, or anything else. I just stuck the disc in and it started to work.
The glasses were easy to use. One touch turned them on and they synced right up.
The glasses 'power' button also reversed the sync. This wasn't necessary, but worked flawlessly. After they were on, one touch and they switched sync. One touch again and they switched back. Press and hold for a few seconds and they powered off. Worked perfectly!
The pop-off effect was decent. I'm not sure if the Panasonic allows me to adjust for screen size, but I will check in their setup/menu system to see if I need to adjust from my 64" screen to the 161" screen I was using.
Brightness was reasonable considering my screen size. It was a bit dark, but acceptable. I will know better after I see a few more movies.

Minuses: Probably my biggest issue was that the glasses allowed some red through from the DLP Link sync signal. From what I understand, this is a glasses issue, so I may pick up another couple of pairs from a different manufacturer and see how they perform.

Overall: I was excited by the entire process. It was great to see just how easily it worked and how good it looked. I have crosstalk issues every time I go to a movie theater, so IMO, this had less cross talk and provided as good, or better of an overall experience.

My player: Panasonic BD220.
HDMI: Monoprice HDBaseT - 50 feet to the receiver. Then 40' over HDMI to the projector.
Audio - Just using stereo audio at the moment for this as it was just a test.
Screen size: 161" screen - 1.3 gain
Used the BenQ default 3D settings. Adjusted brightness partway though, then adjusted back down as it raised the black levels to much.
I didn't check to see if the projector kicked up to high brightness mode or not, I may check that with my next viewing.

At some point I need to try 3D through my computer, but I have not done this yet to see how/if it works well.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9362 of 9865 Old 06-23-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackD121 View Post
I ordered the screen after checking the distance on benq and projector central. 135 is the size that was suggested to me there also. Only posting in this thread since this seems specific to the proj i bought.
Projector Central doesn't recommend a screen size, they just show the 'middle' screen size that works from a certain distance. Screen size is always a matter of seating distance and personal preference, which may be impacted by location of cables which have been run. It just all happened to work out for you.

Quote:
I have a hdmi cable and cat5e cable running to the projector, next to the cables there is an empty pipe going from projector outlet to component closet, any clue what this is for ?
You got an awesome cable installation then! The pipe is conduit. If the HDMI cable fails, or becomes outdated, you can run a new cable through that pipe. That is properly called 'conduit'. The conduit runs from the equipment closet to the projector to truly future-proof your setup. That's a very lucky thing to have my friend!

Quote:
Ceiling has dark paint but carpet is not that dark (kina like khaki color). The screen is fixed frame.
You are earning points with me all around. Maybe some darker carpet is in order at some point. Any chance there are multiple zones of lighting all of which is on dimmers? That would just make me very stoked on your setup.

Quote:
On another note, the builder didn't even put rj45 connectors on the cat 5 cable .. more work for me
Don't terminate it!

The W1070 doesn't have a Ethernet port on it, and there is no reason to terminate that cat cabling at this time. This cable could be used for any number of reasons from acting as a 12v trigger, to extending IR from a RF remote control system. Just leave it as it is for now. Tuck it up into the ceiling and grab it later if you need it. Connect the HDMI to the projector and you are all set as long as you have a decent surround sound setup and receiver which supports multiple HDMI inputs on it.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #9363 of 9865 Old 06-23-2014, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Projector Central doesn't recommend a screen size, they just show the 'middle' screen size that works from a certain distance. Screen size is always a matter of seating distance and personal preference, which may be impacted by location of cables which have been run. It just all happened to work out for you.
I didn't mean that the screen size was recommended. I just meant that i checked those two websites to make sure that 135" would work with the ditance i have between projector and wall. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote:
You got an awesome cable installation then! The pipe is conduit. If the HDMI cable fails, or becomes outdated, you can run a new cable through that pipe. That is properly called 'conduit'. The conduit runs from the equipment closet to the projector to truly future-proof your setup. That's a very lucky thing to have my friend!
Ahh ok. That makes sense, there is even a thin rope running from one end to another end, good thing i didn't start pulling :P

Quote:
You are earning points with me all around. Maybe some darker carpet is in order at some point. Any chance there are multiple zones of lighting all of which is on dimmers? That would just make me very stoked on your setup.
This is where i think i am out of luck, there are only 3 light in the room, one is in the center of the room on ceiling between proj and screen ( which i never plan to use) and 2 are wall sconces (i plan to install a dimmer for these.)

I got an outlaw LFM-1 EX sub, 2 inifinity primus 363's, 1 P163 for center, and 4 P153 speakers. Was planning to buy Denon X2000 but right now going to use my yamaha v667 and buy the denon one when i am ready to setup the surround sound in family room. I love that sub ...its awesome ...

Also, when you mention heavy duty screws for projector mount, do you mean something like this -

http://www.amazon.com/FastenMaster-F.../dp/B0006OEO0C I am guessing 6" should be enough ??

Sorry, i am really new at this and trying to do all myself to save ridiculous installation charges that some people have quoted me ~1100-1300 dollars

Last edited by JackD121; 06-23-2014 at 08:45 PM.
post #9364 of 9865 Old 06-23-2014, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 141
What has everyone found to be the best 3d glasses?

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #9365 of 9865 Old 06-23-2014, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I didn't mean that the screen size was recommended. I just meant that i checked those two websites to make sure that 135" would work with the ditance i have between projector and wall. Sorry for the confusion.

Ahh ok. That makes sense, there is even a thin rope running from one end to another end, good thing i didn't start pulling :P

This is where i think i am out of luck, there are only 3 light in the room, one is in the center of the room on ceiling between proj and screen ( which i never plan to use) and 2 are wall sconces (i plan to install a dimmer for these.)

I got an outlaw LFM-1 EX sub, 2 inifinity primus 363's, 1 P163 for center, and 4 P153 speakers. Was planning to buy Denon X2000 but right now going to use my yamaha v667 and buy the denon one when i am ready to setup the surround sound in family room. I love that sub ...its awesome ...

Also, when you mention heavy duty screws for projector mount, do you mean something like this -

http://www.amazon.com/FastenMaster-F.../dp/B0006OEO0C I am guessing 6" should be enough ??

Sorry, i am really new at this and trying to do all myself to save ridiculous installation charges that some people have quoted me ~1100-1300 dollars
No, I mean screws like this:

But, any thick screw will work. You don't need a 6" screw, just 2.5" or so type lag-bolt or similar. It just needs to go into the stud, but you want it WIDE - not long.

How much do you pay your car mechanic for a couple of hours of work? $200+?

Hanging a screen and putting up a projector, setting up audio, calibrating things, etc. and doing a good job every time requires skilled labor. Since they are drilling into the walls of your (presumably) expensive home, and hanging things from your ceiling, etc. then they must know what they are doing. Plus, they have to be insured for millions of dollars, have benefits programs, etc. So, around $80-$100/hr per person is typical for rates. I would expect two people could hang this in about a full day with all speakers, screen, projector, etc. So, 16 times 80/hr is $1,280 which is a lot less than you would pay a car mechanic, and certainly less than an electrician (electrical is far easier in my experience than low voltage).

post #9366 of 9865 Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
I am using the G15 3D GLASSES and i am very happly with it.
No Red...
post #9367 of 9865 Old 06-24-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
There is a long thread about the W1070 and 3D glasses options which dates (basically) back to when the projector was released. There are a few writeup/comparisons between different models which really highlights some features.

Until I see more glasses, I can only say that the Sainsonics I was using allowed some red flash through. So, I would try something else. Like the E-Star model or something else.

The super cheap G15 model (I believe) is also getting pretty solid praise.

Here's the thread: Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses

post #9368 of 9865 Old 06-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPHCCFC View Post
It looks like I will be purchasing a Benq w1070 have managed to find a good deal for a brand new one on craigslist. Is there any advice or tips on what to look for (e.g. state of packaging) to give me confidence it is brand new and not a refurb

Unless you are buying it from a dealer who can and WILL honor a warranty, don't do it. I bought mine through A...z.n and needed to return it due to a manufacturing flaw. I would have had to eat it if I had bought it from ??? Uncle Bob? Big Jim?
Not worth the potential hassle to save a few $$$.
Ron

Very Very happy with Dimensional Optics 3DActive glasses. Not cheap, but work flawlessly. No red seepage/leaking.
fredxr2d2 likes this.

"New Member" since 2007....
post #9369 of 9865 Old 06-24-2014, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renron View Post
Very Very happy with Dimensional Optics 3DActive glasses. Not cheap, but work flawlessly. No red seepage/leaking.

I use these as well; extremely satisfied. Only gripe is that there's a bit of color-shift of the image if you're not looking through the center of the glasses lenses. (That's not an issue with the original BenQ glasses; but the BenQ's are uncomfortable).

In addition to the link above, there's a bit more glasses info (comparing pros and cons of various 144hz-DLP-Link 3D Glasses) here:
DLP Link 3D shutter glasses 2014 round-up and list of faults. EStar, SainSonic, Optoma, 3DTV, Monoprice, True Depth, Xpand, Okeba, Signstek, etc...

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9370 of 9865 Old 06-24-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renron View Post

I have these too and they work great. The only thing I do not like is they are a little bit heavier and the frame at the nose area hurts. So I cut some small / thin black foam to help. Now they are great.

They also stay synced even when getting up or looking away.
post #9371 of 9865 Old 06-25-2014, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Watched an entire movie in 3d last night for the first time. Went to best buy to pick up some 3d movies. (not much of a selection there)
Life of Pi. My first time seeing it and I highly recommend it for it's 3d and visuals.
The 1070 can really pump out the colors. I assume thats the brilliant color feature.
Movie is about 2 hours long and I was suprised that when finished my eyes were not tired and I did not have any headaches or anything negative afterward.
post #9372 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My w1070 developed the chirping noise. It wasn't too loud but seemed to be getting worse. I called BenQ who advised they would only supply a refurbished unit as it is 7 weeks old. If I had called at 4 weeks or less they would have swapped it for a new one. I am not thrilled with a refurbished one having paid full street price when refurbished units are selling at a discount. The moral of the story is, don't wait for the noise to become annoying before calling BenQ. I delayed as I had hoped it would go away on its own but it got louder with time.
post #9373 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ bummer. I had the noise, barely, and it went away.

My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
post #9374 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Just used my BenQ for 3D for the first time this weekend. I was using a set of the Sainsonic 3D glasses.

Similar to these, but I can't find the exact model I got. They were a Christmas gift and I'm finally getting around to trying them for the first time...
http://www.sainsonic.com/3d-active-g...projector.html

I was very happy with the results. Easily as good, if not better than what I get at the movie theaters. This was something I wasn't sure about at all.

The DLP Link is a interesting technology. The screen turns completely red when using DLP Link which surprised me. The glasses did a good, but not perfect, job of blocking the red out. I wish that the red wasn't quite so intense in the image, but it is what it is I suppose, but BenQ could certainly benefit from making available an aftermarket RF system for their projectors (all of them).

Still, the 3D was good. I watched Prometheus. It did not have extraordinary pop-out, but it was decent. It was pretty much what I was expecting. I may go watch Avatar and see how that looks.

Plusses:
BenQ immediately recognized the 3D disc and started playback. I didn't touch the projector, BD player, or anything else. I just stuck the disc in and it started to work.
The glasses were easy to use. One touch turned them on and they synced right up.
The glasses 'power' button also reversed the sync. This wasn't necessary, but worked flawlessly. After they were on, one touch and they switched sync. One touch again and they switched back. Press and hold for a few seconds and they powered off. Worked perfectly!
The pop-off effect was decent. I'm not sure if the Panasonic allows me to adjust for screen size, but I will check in their setup/menu system to see if I need to adjust from my 64" screen to the 161" screen I was using.
Brightness was reasonable considering my screen size. It was a bit dark, but acceptable. I will know better after I see a few more movies.

Minuses: Probably my biggest issue was that the glasses allowed some red through from the DLP Link sync signal. From what I understand, this is a glasses issue, so I may pick up another couple of pairs from a different manufacturer and see how they perform.

Overall: I was excited by the entire process. It was great to see just how easily it worked and how good it looked. I have crosstalk issues every time I go to a movie theater, so IMO, this had less cross talk and provided as good, or better of an overall experience.
At what distance do you sit from the screen? Can you see the pixel grid? I'm seriously thinking about buying this projector, but I'm afraid I can see the pixel grid in my 140'' screen.
post #9375 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
At what distance do you sit from the screen? Can you see the pixel grid? I'm seriously thinking about buying this projector, but I'm afraid I can see the pixel grid in my 140'' screen.
With a fairly smooth screen (non-perforated) you can probably sit around 7-8ft away from a 140" without seeing pixel grid. Possibly closer depending how sensitive you are to noticing that sort of thing. It's not something to worry about with the 1070.
post #9376 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
I sit about 13-15' away. My setup is in an unfinished basement, so I just move the chair around until I'm comfortable with the size. I don't make a point to look for pixel structure, but if I have seen it, it certainly hasn't been objectionable.

post #9377 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

110" screen ~ 11' away from screen. No issues, but I don't go looking either.

post #9378 of 9865 Old 06-26-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm 8-9 from 100 inches. If you look really hard you can see the pixel structure.

On a side note I ended up buying a Oppo 103d. After a few quirks and tweaks I'm happy to say I'm impressed. I think the overall picture compared to a cheaper Sony is way better. The Darbee is pretty nice. I had it hooked up to my 60 inch Sony and you can see it but it really shines with the projector.
post #9379 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne picard View Post
My w1070 developed the chirping noise. It wasn't too loud but seemed to be getting worse. I called BenQ who advised they would only supply a refurbished unit as it is 7 weeks old. If I had called at 4 weeks or less they would have swapped it for a new one. I am not thrilled with a refurbished one having paid full street price when refurbished units are selling at a discount. The moral of the story is, don't wait for the noise to become annoying before calling BenQ. I delayed as I had hoped it would go away on its own but it got louder with time.
What do you mean by chirping noise?

I have cracking noise overtime the PJ start then it goes away,is that going to be a problem in the long run?
post #9380 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
What do you mean by chirping noise?

I have cracking noise overtime the PJ start then it goes away,is that going to be a problem in the long run?
The cracking noise is due to the heat from the lamp. I notice that noise when going from Eco to smart Eco when watching 3D. It's the heat from the lamp causing the plastic body to make noises. Perfectly normal.
Tommy Mang likes this.
post #9381 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
The cracking noise is due to the heat from the lamp. I notice that noise when going from Eco to smart Eco when watching 3D. It's the heat from the lamp causing the plastic body to make noises. Perfectly normal.
Thanks!

I am in South Florida too..(West Palm)

Nice to see some Floridians in this forum.
post #9382 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Chirpping like a cricket. It was not too loud at first but is getting louder with time. BenQ advises the units with the newest firmware do not have this issue. My unit has a Dec build date.
post #9383 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 07:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone done a direct comparison between this and the Epson 2030? We will use the projector as our primary television, so the $99 bulb of the Epson is very attractive. It will be used in a living room environment, white walls and ceiling. I can control about 75% of the light coming in through the windows during the day and probably 90%+ at night (there's a flood light outside one of the windows with nice vertical blinds) . I'm torn between the Epson 2030, Epson 8345 and BenQ W1070. I plan on purchasing a Square Trade 4 year warranty as well. I am not sure if that covers the bulbs, or dust blobs. Any expert/user opinions?
post #9384 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

The W1070 is a superior projector than both LCD models. The 8350 is very nice looking, and probably better than the 2000/2030 model. But, the W1070 is a bit brighter, has much better motion handling, similar black levels, and is sharper. It's also got a faster response time if you are playing video games at all.

Lamp warranties are not going to be covered as that is not a warranty item, but a normal wear and tear item.

The 2000/2030 still may be very good for you considering your viewing environment. Be aware of the negative lens offset on the 2030. Be aware of the limited zoom range on the 2030/W1070. Be aware of the very limited lens shift on the W1070. The Epson 8350 has, by far, the best placement flexibility, and IMO, the best lens (by far) of the bunch.

post #9385 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
The W1070 is a superior projector than both LCD models. The 8350 is very nice looking, and probably better than the 2000/2030 model. But, the W1070 is a bit brighter, has much better motion handling, similar black levels, and is sharper. It's also got a faster response time if you are playing video games at all.

Lamp warranties are not going to be covered as that is not a warranty item, but a normal wear and tear item.

The 2000/2030 still may be very good for you considering your viewing environment. Be aware of the negative lens offset on the 2030. Be aware of the limited zoom range on the 2030/W1070. Be aware of the very limited lens shift on the W1070. The Epson 8350 has, by far, the best placement flexibility, and IMO, the best lens (by far) of the bunch.
Thank you. If the W1070 is a 10 out of 10, how would the Epson 2030 and 8350 rank? Do you know if Square Trade will cover dust blobs? I've owned Planar PD7130 and Infocus IN72 and did not notice rainbows, is the BenQ better, or worse as far as rainbows are concerned?
post #9386 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 79
For those of you that are using both hdmi inputs on the w1070. With a harmony remote to control input switching. I am using a harmony 650 and can't get it to switch correctly all the time. Any help will be great.
post #9387 of 9865 Old 06-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am thinking about buying one of these for general tv and 3d watching. I currently have a sony hw50 which is great for movies but 3d could be better. I was recently spoiled by watching 3d on a mitsubishi 7900 projector. I bought for my sons new hometheater that i built for him. The 3d on the 7900 was sensational. After watching that 3d in my theater for a few weeks i hated to give it to my son. Now when i watch 3d on the sony i am not satisfied. I really loved the dlp 3d on the mitsubishi 7900. I have been looking ever since for one but the crazy low price they were selling for ( 799 ) is over and they are out of stock everywhere.
My question really is just how good is 3d on the benq 1070? Has anyone been able to compare it to a higher end dlp projector like the 7900 or the benq 7000? I may just order one from Amazon and try it out for myself. I have 2 pair dlp link glasses. I used estar rf glasses with the 7900 and like i said the 3d was just great.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #9388 of 9865 Old 06-28-2014, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
On the subject of the 3D glasses, I'm looking to buy like 3 pairs of some cheapo ones, but I was hoping to maybe avoid the super cheapo ones, and get some that look a bit more durable. Has anybody tried these Ebay ones :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/144Hz-3D-IR-...item2591496a8b

Those cost $21 each, but they seem to have more durable type construction than those other cheap ones that are about $13 or $14 each. I don't mind paying an extra $7 or $8 if they will last a bit longer... Just curious if anybody has tried these out..

I currently have one pair of the really expensive BenQ glasses, and I also have one pair of the $40 ish Dimension Optics one, and they both work well, but pretty freaking pricey..
post #9389 of 9865 Old 06-28-2014, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post
I am thinking about buying one of these for general tv and 3d watching. I currently have a sony hw50 which is great for movies but 3d could be better. I was recently spoiled by watching 3d on a mitsubishi 7900 projector. I bought for my sons new hometheater that i built for him. The 3d on the 7900 was sensational. After watching that 3d in my theater for a few weeks i hated to give it to my son. Now when i watch 3d on the sony i am not satisfied. I really loved the dlp 3d on the mitsubishi 7900. I have been looking ever since for one but the crazy low price they were selling for ( 799 ) is over and they are out of stock everywhere.
My question really is just how good is 3d on the benq 1070? Has anyone been able to compare it to a higher end dlp projector like the 7900 or the benq 7000? I may just order one from Amazon and try it out for myself. I have 2 pair dlp link glasses. I used estar rf glasses with the 7900 and like i said the 3d was just great.
3D performance from the W1070 is known to be very good: feed it a high-quality source (3D blurays) and you'll be impressed. We watched The Lego Movie in 3D last week - it was mind-blowing; practically zero crosstalk. (3D is one of DLP's strong points).
The Mits is actually relatively dim once calibrated - the W1070 has a significant brightness advantage which is always useful for 3D.
If you've already got DLP-Link glasses, then that's one required purchase out of the way as well.

Assuming your glasses are decent, you should come away impressed.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9390 of 9865 Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys im looking to get a projector,really liking this one, gonna put it in my living room its not huge its quit small.How far away will the projector have to be?This would be my first projection if i do get it and know nothing about them.any info would be appreciated thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM01045.jpg (89.6 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg CAM01046.jpg (92.3 KB, 159 views)

Last edited by tittan; 06-28-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page