BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 321 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9601 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
If I should have made my own thread, I apologize.
Ok, so after reading almost 10 pages of posts, I think you guys convinced me on this projector. My room is going to be a little tricky because it is not all squared up and I may have a few issues. As you can see, I have 2 front high speakers for my 7.2 system and these can't really be moved so I have to keep my screen centered. I added in red approximately where a 100" screen would be. My first question is, will that glass block wall on the right side be an issue with light coming in from the outside door in the background? My screen can not be fixed since my wife is barely on board with the idea of a projector so it has to retract to the ceiling. Most of the time we will watch at night so not a big deal.


My second issue is that using benq's calculator, of a 100" screen, sitting 13 feet away, it tells me the throw should be from 8'4'' to 10'10". At 10' 6" I have a can light that is in a direct line where the center of the screen will be. What would be the ideal spot to mount the projector? (pros and cons of having to use the zoom or having it close or far?)
If it is best to have it over 10' 6'', will that can light disrupt the projected image? Most of the time the light will be off so not a huge issue. (The center of screen would line up to the right side of the big couch in line with the recessed light in the picture)

Lastly, Almost all of my viewing will be from a htpc via hdmi. I have a few sbs 3d mkv movies and I use XMBC (super awesome by the way!) will those 3d movies work? I was reading on here that it only does a certain refresh rate or something that may have to be changed. I am confused.
Thanks for any help at all, I want to plan this thing out well in advance before I get into complications!
Yes the mkv movies will work just need to manually change projector to 3d.
bori is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9602 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
If I should have made my own thread, I apologize.
Ok, so after reading almost 10 pages of posts, I think you guys convinced me on this projector. My room is going to be a little tricky because it is not all squared up and I may have a few issues. As you can see, I have 2 front high speakers for my 7.2 system and these can't really be moved so I have to keep my screen centered. I added in red approximately where a 100" screen would be. My first question is, will that glass block wall on the right side be an issue with light coming in from the outside door in the background? My screen can not be fixed since my wife is barely on board with the idea of a projector so it has to retract to the ceiling. Most of the time we will watch at night so not a big deal.


My second issue is that using benq's calculator, of a 100" screen, sitting 13 feet away, it tells me the throw should be from 8'4'' to 10'10". At 10' 6" I have a can light that is in a direct line where the center of the screen will be. What would be the ideal spot to mount the projector? (pros and cons of having to use the zoom or having it close or far?)
If it is best to have it over 10' 6'', will that can light disrupt the projected image? Most of the time the light will be off so not a huge issue. (The center of screen would line up to the right side of the big couch in line with the recessed light in the picture)

Lastly, Almost all of my viewing will be from a htpc via hdmi. I have a few sbs 3d mkv movies and I use XMBC (super awesome by the way!) will those 3d movies work? I was reading on here that it only does a certain refresh rate or something that may have to be changed. I am confused.
Thanks for any help at all, I want to plan this thing out well in advance before I get into complications!
This projector focuses best when it's closest to the screen. But then it's more in your peripheral vision, a little brighter, and contrast is a little lower. I have mine the farthest distance from the screen and am quite happy with that placement, even if focus isn't quite as good across the full screen.
niccolo is offline  
post #9603 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Newbie
 
Scottathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I finally got fed up with my dust blobs and took the sucker apart. The pictures posted around June 1st were a good reference, as was the posted service manual. I made note of which screws were from which part as I was going, and eventually got my way into the DMD chip. I could see the tiny dust particles on it, so I carefully removed them with a cotton swab.

I carefully re-assembled it, following the service manual again in reverse, and now have something that resembles a projector again.

But alas, it won't power on. When I plug it in, there are no LEDs illuminated, and the faint whine that used to be present whenever the projector was plugged in is no longer there.

Could I have missed something when I put it back together, or is my unit toast?
Scottathon is offline  
post #9604 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 68
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
Lastly, Almost all of my viewing will be from a htpc via hdmi. I have a few sbs 3d mkv movies and I use XMBC (super awesome by the way!) will those 3d movies work? I was reading on here that it only does a certain refresh rate or something that may have to be changed. I am confused.
They'll work just fine as long as you set XBMC to match the PC framerate to the video framerate before you start one up.

3D at 1080 maxes out at 24 FPS on this projector, which is perfectly fine for movies, but if you're feeding a 24 FPS video through a 60 FPS connection which is then converted back to 24 FPS you'll get some nasty motion artifacts. Setting XBMC to output the video's native framerate sidesteps this and gives you a nice, clean 24 FPS feed which isn't going through multiple conversions.

You'll also have to manually set the projector to SBS 3D mode every time you start one of those MKVs up, but that shouldn't be a big deal.
sethsez is offline  
post #9605 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Cool! I have a budget of right around $1000 for projector, bracket and screen. I know many of you would pay a lot more for a screen but for $200 would you choose a Favi or an Elite Screen?

http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-100-inch-...ojector+screen
or
http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-...ojector+screen

I have had VERY bad luck with tvs breaking right after warranty or having them repaired under warranty. What do you guys think about an extended warranty? I don't know much about Benq but it looks like they have a 3 year warranty which isn't too bad.
agent8 is offline  
post #9606 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 05:43 PM
Member
 
Dj_Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Panama City, Panama
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I received my second w1070 (first one was stolen) and the remote control has changed. I like it much more now.... not sure if it was mentioned or not on here.
Dj_Frost is offline  
post #9607 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Newbie
 
Scottathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottathon View Post
Well, I finally got fed up with my dust blobs and took the sucker apart. The pictures posted around June 1st were a good reference, as was the posted service manual. I made note of which screws were from which part as I was going, and eventually got my way into the DMD chip. I could see the tiny dust particles on it, so I carefully removed them with a cotton swab.

I carefully re-assembled it, following the service manual again in reverse, and now have something that resembles a projector again.

But alas, it won't power on. When I plug it in, there are no LEDs illuminated, and the faint whine that used to be present whenever the projector was plugged in is no longer there.

Could I have missed something when I put it back together, or is my unit toast?
I tried disassembling and reassembling it again. I think I didn't have the top board seated properly on top of the bottom board the first time. It now turns on, and now the the No Source screen is actually free of white spots. I'm a bit surprised it worked.

My next problem is that HDMI doesn't seem to work anymore. If I can get that sorted out, then I would wholeheartedly recommend cracking one's W1070 open and giving it a cleaning. I've never really taken electronics apart before, but it proved to be quite easy.
Scottathon is offline  
post #9608 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottathon View Post
I tried disassembling and reassembling it again. I think I didn't have the top board seated properly on top of the bottom board the first time. It now turns on, and now the the No Source screen is actually free of white spots. I'm a bit surprised it worked.

My next problem is that HDMI doesn't seem to work anymore. If I can get that sorted out, then I would wholeheartedly recommend cracking one's W1070 open and giving it a cleaning. I've never really taken electronics apart before, but it proved to be quite easy.

Try a 'Reset Settings to Default'?

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
post #9609 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Newbie
 
Scottathon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just tried a few different cables and eventually found one it likes. Huzzah!

I can finally watch movies with dark scenes again!

If anyone has any questions about the procedure, I can try to answer, but it was actually quite simple with the service manual nearby as a reference.

Thank you to everyone that has posted so much valuable information in this thread.

Last edited by Scottathon; 07-20-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Scottathon is offline  
post #9610 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I a need some good advice from you experts or pics on how to cover or conceal a ceiling mounted projector.
bori is offline  
post #9611 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
HDTVChallenged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 8,383
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
This chromatic aberration is normal for this projector. In addition, the projector doesn't seem to be able to focus perfectly across the full screen when mounted at distances other than the shortest possible throws (which is counterintuitive, one would expect it to be the other way around).
Interesting. Are there any similar "undocumented features" with respect to the lens-shift adjustment?
HDTVChallenged is offline  
post #9612 of 9993 Old 07-20-2014, 11:00 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post
Interesting. Are there any similar "undocumented features" with respect to the lens-shift adjustment?
I'm not aware of other significant flaws. I was struck recently that a friend's relatively inexpensive, older projector could perfectly focus the grid across the whole screen, because I assumed other cheaper projectors would also require a choice between perfect focus in the middle and perfect focus near the edges, as our Benq does at most throw ranges.

I'm not sure what you mean with the reference to lens shift.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
niccolo is offline  
post #9613 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 01:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I know this is not really meant for this thread. But I have read that plenty of people have the ELITE SCREENS. I found this schematic of the RJ45. What pins do I need to use to create a IR extender with an RJ45 cable? Do all I need to connect is the IR pins?
bori is offline  
post #9614 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 01:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
I know this is not really meant for this thread. But I have read that plenty of people have the ELITE SCREENS. I found this schematic of the RJ45. What pins do I need to use to create a IR extender with an RJ45 cable? Do all I need to connect is the IR pins?
Here is the pic.
bori is offline  
post #9615 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
Cool! I have a budget of right around $1000 for projector, bracket and screen. I know many of you would pay a lot more for a screen but for $200 would you choose a Favi or an Elite Screen?

http://www.amazon.com/FAVI-100-inch-...ojector+screen
or
http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-...ojector+screen

I have had VERY bad luck with tvs breaking right after warranty or having them repaired under warranty. What do you guys think about an extended warranty? I don't know much about Benq but it looks like they have a 3 year warranty which isn't too bad.
I have had the elite electric you posted since January and it's been great. Yes it has some waves and curling edges but for the price it's perfect. The only time I see the waves is if you have a slow panning scene In a movie. I did not want to spend big money when trying out the PJ for the first time. But now I love my front projection setup.
bluer101 is offline  
post #9616 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 05:14 AM
Member
 
zchrisz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i'm still working on my room and i'm not sure what to do about a screen yet, currently projecting 100" on killz primer drywall and it looks really good, held blackout cloth up and i can't tell a difference.
zchrisz is offline  
post #9617 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
I know this is not really meant for this thread. But I have read that plenty of people have the ELITE SCREENS. I found this schematic of the RJ45. What pins do I need to use to create a IR extender with an RJ45 cable? Do all I need to connect is the IR pins?
I messed around with it a while ago. I tried putting a ir receiver into the wall box as it is not there by default. But the holes and diagram are present on the PC board.

After getting it all soldered in it would not work. After messing with it I was missing a one way resistor on the board to stop the 5 volt flow from the up down buttons. But after messing with it too much the whole PC board was burnt, lol.

I also played with a standard Ethernet cable with a it receiver.

Just take a Ethernet cable and cut off one end then per pinout wire the ir to the out and then 5 volt ground and 5 volt positive.

I can't remember if you need both ir wires or just one or the other.

I have an extra ir receiver from radio shack that I can play with to show you and take photos.
bluer101 is offline  
post #9618 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
I messed around with it a while ago. I tried putting a ir receiver into the wall box as it is not there by default. But the holes and diagram are present on the PC board.

After getting it all soldered in it would not work. After messing with it I was missing a one way resistor on the board to stop the 5 volt flow from the up down buttons. But after messing with it too much the whole PC board was burnt, lol.

I also played with a standard Ethernet cable with a it receiver.

Just take a Ethernet cable and cut off one end then per pinout wire the ir to the out and then 5 volt ground and 5 volt positive.

I can't remember if you need both ir wires or just one or the other.

I have an extra ir receiver from radio shack that I can play with to show you and take photos.

If you can please do. That wild be awesome. And that is to create something like this but just using a rj45 cable instead. Correct?

Infrared Receiver Extender Cable for HD DVR STB's *See Product Description for Compatibility* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JSDHCY/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_rtsZtb11CS8KBVRD
bori is offline  
post #9619 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
If you can please do. That wild be awesome. And that is to create something like this but just using a rj45 cable instead. Correct?

Infrared Receiver Extender Cable for HD DVR STB's *See Product Description for Compatibility* https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002JSDHCY/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_rtsZtb11CS8KBVRD
Simple answer yes like that.

Elite does make one but it is really short but you can extend it. It's just cheaper to make your own. I think you can even get away without solidering it and using small electric crimp connectors. This way you can make it as long as you wish.

Here is the factory one. It's the wire on the right. You can see the little ir receiver.


Last edited by bluer101; 07-21-2014 at 07:56 AM.
bluer101 is offline  
post #9620 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Simple answer yes like that.

Elite does make one but it is really short but you can extend it. It's just cheaper to make your own. I think you can even get away without solidering it and using small electric crimp connectors. This way you can make it as long as you wish.

Here is the factory one. It's the wire on the right. You can see the little ir receiver.


So you want have to attach it directly on the ir on the projector screen?
bori is offline  
post #9621 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bluer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,084
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
So you want have to attach it directly on the ir on the projector screen?
You can put the ir wire and sensor where you want.
bluer101 is offline  
post #9622 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,898
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
You can put the ir wire and sensor where you want.
Ok great. Can you please post pics of yours when you are done?
bori is offline  
post #9623 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 11:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
tsaville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 232
I've been considering the jump to a projector (I currently have a 75" Samsung TV), and this BenQ has gotten my attention for the price and positive reviews.

My question is about the DLP. I'm one of the unlucky people who saw trailing rainbows on the early generation rear projection DLP TVs (I have no experience with newer ones). Will this be an issue for me on this projector, or has DLP technology improved?
tsaville is offline  
post #9624 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 12:18 PM
Member
 
shiseido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: porto, PORTUGAL
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
well, ive never had a dlp and i can see rainbows with my w1070, in some music concerts, like adele or star wars movies (with the subtitles) but at least i can stand them, no headaches for now...
shiseido is online now  
post #9625 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
tsaville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido View Post
well, ive never had a dlp and i can see rainbows with my w1070, in some music concerts, like adele or star wars movies (with the subtitles) but at least i can stand them, no headaches for now...
Well that's disappointing. I guess I'll need to redirect my search to finding the best non-DLP budget projector. Thanks for the reply.
tsaville is offline  
post #9626 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM
Senior Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
I've been considering the jump to a projector (I currently have a 75" Samsung TV), and this BenQ has gotten my attention for the price and positive reviews.

My question is about the DLP. I'm one of the unlucky people who saw trailing rainbows on the early generation rear projection DLP TVs (I have no experience with newer ones). Will this be an issue for me on this projector, or has DLP technology improved?
well, ive never had a dlp and i can see rainbows with my w1070, in some music concerts, like adele or star wars movies (with the subtitles) but at least i can stand them, no headaches for now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
Well that's disappointing. I guess I'll need to redirect my search to finding the best non-DLP budget projector. Thanks for the reply.

Definitely don't judge DLP performance based on early Rear-Projection units: these had color wheels that generally used to operate at around 1x speed; and RBE is why I wrote them off back then as well (I'm also very sensitive).

But things have changed a lot in the 5-10 years since RP has fallen out of favor: even today's lowest-end DLP projectors tend to have 2x color wheels; which decrease the likelihood of visible rainbow artifacts.

The W1070 takes this even further and has one of the fastest wheels on the market, taking it all the way up to 6x speed.
That's a serious improvement; and sufficient such that (when the wheel is running at full-speed), I practically don't notice rainbows at all.


(Side-note: There's one catch, though - in that the input framerate affects effective wheel speed. So a bluray running at native 24fps actually yields the W1070's slowest wheel speed - still above 2x, but below the maximum 6x. Broadcast HDTV at 60fps is much faster; and 50fps - used for European broadcasts - yields yet-faster full speed. This also explains why many will witness RBE when watching a bluray but not (or less so) when viewing a broadcast. Many bluray players offer the ability in their video settings to output at 60fps - if this is offered by your player and you're RBE sensitive, set it to do so. It's normally called something like 'Video Output at 24p' or the like; which you'd set to 'Disabled'. Using 50hz with my HTPC's, I see practically no more rainbows at all - even with white-on-black subtitles).


For this reason, I'd recommend you at least audition the projector before writing it off completely: you may be pleasantly surprised. See if you can arrange a viewing at your nearest AV store.

If it still doesn't work out, your only real other option in this price range is 3LCD technology; with Epson's 2030 probably being the best bet. It loses out significantly on contrast ratio, sharpness, and input lag; but it's also free of rainbows to everyone and has slightly better blacks. It does, however, offer a full 2-year warranty (compared to the 1-year offered by most of the competition; including the W1070).
Tommy Mang likes this.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
post #9627 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
agent8's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I thought the 1070 now has a three year warranty? That could be a deal breaker for me.
agent8 is offline  
post #9628 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent8 View Post
I thought the 1070 now has a three year warranty? That could be a deal breaker for me.
Negative; BenQ's official store page still indicates one year under the 'Warranty' section. This is standard across the industry at this price-point; with the only notable exception being Epson's 2030 (at two years).
The three-year warranties you get from stores like Amazon are 3rd-party.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
post #9629 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Member
 
shiseido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: porto, PORTUGAL
Posts: 113
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
youre right, i live in europe and with tv i dont see rbe (50hz) but my sony s390 i can disable the 24p and that way, show in 60hz (bds) but im not losing image quality? i think i see more rbe with smart eco on thant in eco mode.
ps, the star wars was with 24p, i need to see it again in 60hz (50hz aint possibe)
shiseido is online now  
post #9630 of 9993 Old 07-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Senior Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido View Post
youre right, i live in europe and with tv i dont see rbe (50hz) but my sony s390 i can disable the 24p and that way, show in 60hz (bds) but im not losing image quality?
ps, the star wars was with 24p, i need to see it again in 60hz (50hz aint possibe)
Nope, you're not losing image quality.

There will be a bit of pull-down that takes place which may be visible under some circumstances (panning, for instance); but it's not particularly noticeable. Also remember that many TV's don't natively support 24p either (so they'll render at 60hz anyway); which is why bluray players offer 24p as an option to begin with.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off