BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 322 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
post #9631 of 9640 Unread Yesterday, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Here is the ir extender.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 9640 Unread Yesterday, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
I'm not sure what you mean with the reference to lens shift.
Any optical or geometric issues when the adjustment is set to one of the limits.
post #9633 of 9640 Unread Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVChallenged View Post
Any optical or geometric issues when the adjustment is set to one of the limits.
Not other than what I already mentioned.

Benq W1070 projector
Da-Lite High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver
Focal 700-series towers and center
JMLab Tantal-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #9634 of 9640 Unread Today, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiseido View Post
youre right, i live in europe and with tv i dont see rbe (50hz) but my sony s390 i can disable the 24p and that way, show in 60hz (bds) but im not losing image quality? i think i see more rbe with smart eco on thant in eco mode.
ps, the star wars was with 24p, i need to see it again in 60hz (50hz aint possibe)
I live in the UK. My LG blu-Ray player can output either 24 or 60 fps. I notice a lot more rainbows on 24 than on 60. Now I know why. I occasionally see the rainbow effect mostly on night scenes where there are lights in the background. It's not enough to really bother me anyway.

I don't notice any difference in quality between the 2 modes
post #9635 of 9640 Unread Today, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
I live in the UK. My LG blu-Ray player can output either 24 or 60 fps. I notice a lot more rainbows on 24 than on 60. Now I know why.
Yeah, that's exactly why. It also turns out that 50hz is quite a bit faster. But 60hz is perfect for most people

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9636 of 9640 Unread Today, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
Yeah, that's exactly why. It also turns out that 50hz is quite a bit faster. But 60hz is perfect for most people
That's useful info. Thanks

And I meant Hz rather than fps (if there's a difference)
post #9637 of 9640 Unread Today, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
That's useful info. Thanks

And I meant Hz rather than fps (if there's a difference)

No problem. Nope, they're the same thing

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9638 of 9640 Unread Today, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question

I snagged a W1070 during the recent NeweggFlash sale, but noticed some characteristics in my projected image that I wasn't sure if they warranted an exchange. I took some photos as daylight was coming on and I don't have blackout curtains so excuse the quality. I'm also projecting on my textured wall until my blackout liner arrives Wednesday and I build a screen.

First, I noticed what I've come to learning is called "chromatic aberration", and seen some people cite it as normal at this price range, and even specifically shown it on a W1070. Is this something that would be virtually impossible to avoid and I should expect in any replacement?

Right side:

Left side:

Second, it appears that the left side of my projected image is slightly dimmer than the right, with the brightest being just right of center at the bottom. I looked at a lot of peoples photos for months and never noticed complaints of this or saw any obvious unevenness, so I wonder if mine is particularly defective or if this is again something that's considered typical/acceptable. I'm not sure, but the left side even seems maybe slightly softer in focus or even a tiny bit skewed.

Thirdly, I discovered black, white, and green clipping. This pic was taken when it was getting quite bright out so you can hardly see the blue but it's there. The green is a solid bright green - no steps of shade at all. I've seen only a couple people ask about black and white clipping that got vague responses about it possibly being the source, but earlier in this thread, I found a couple people talking about it. One said it was normal with this projector, I guess, and the other was reporting they they actually had no clipping (BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$). I read elsewhere that this might be an Nvidia issue to which there might be some registry edit that could circumvent their glitchy controls. My source is my Windows 7 PC through a GTX 650 ti. Nobody else mentioned color clipping like my green, which further makes me wonder if my projector has a special problem beyond normal.

Lastly, I'm not sure if my walls are not level in my apartment or not, but the top of the projected image seems straight, and the right side seems pretty parallel to the right wall, but obviously the left side isn't. I put a level on the table I have the projector on and it reads level. Adjusting the angle and moving side to side always brings me to this position, so I guess it's square with the wall as can be...

So, does this all seem within typical/acceptable quality, or should I return for a replacement within the 30 day window from NeweggFlash? I'm new to projectors so I thought I could use opinions from an experienced community. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unparallelleft.jpg (419.7 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg unevenlight.jpg (372.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg rightsideconvergence.jpg (495.1 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg leftsideconvergence.jpg (448.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg clipping.jpg (364.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg chromaticaberration.jpg (356.3 KB, 65 views)
post #9639 of 9640 Unread Today, 08:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
the "problem" is that i cant choose (in bds) 50hz, just 24p on or off (60hz)
post #9640 of 9640 Unread Today, 09:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
There is normally nothing to choose

Blu ray Movies are 24 fps, the US-DVDs are thank to the awful 3:2 Pulldown 60 Hz and the European DVDs are thanks to the PAL-Speedup 50 Hz.

These Numbers are played automatically by any decent Player, to manually change these Numbers will get the crappy 3:2 Pulldown again or a studded missed Frames etc.. while playing.

If somebody can't live with the really reduced to the max RBE of the W1070 should trade any single-Chip-DLP for a LCD/SXRD/D-ILA.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread