BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 323 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9661 of 9668 Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Made my own masking the other day, i used roll up / roll down curtain hanger ( manually ) using 8"H felt cloth for my 115" in PJ screen ( for the upper black border only and i change the x/y height to eliminate the lower black).

And use the excess felt cloth for the screen wall. Now, the PQ and contrast is much better w/ less reflections from side walls. Soon will be the ceiling near the screen :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9662 of 9668 Old 07-27-2014, 07:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I bought a 60" e class vizio to replace my living room tv and I tell u what my w1070 blows the vizio leds color and clarity away.
post #9663 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariumguy View Post
I snagged a W1070 during the recent NeweggFlash sale, but noticed some characteristics in my projected image that I wasn't sure if they warranted an exchange. I took some photos as daylight was coming on and I don't have blackout curtains so excuse the quality. I'm also projecting on my textured wall until my blackout liner arrives Wednesday and I build a screen.

First, I noticed what I've come to learning is called "chromatic aberration", and seen some people cite it as normal at this price range, and even specifically shown it on a W1070. Is this something that would be virtually impossible to avoid and I should expect in any replacement?

Thirdly, I discovered black, white, and green clipping. This pic was taken when it was getting quite bright out so you can hardly see the blue but it's there. The green is a solid bright green - no steps of shade at all. I've seen only a couple people ask about black and white clipping that got vague responses about it possibly being the source, but earlier in this thread, I found a couple people talking about it. One said it was normal with this projector, I guess, and the other was reporting they they actually had no clipping (BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$). I read elsewhere that this might be an Nvidia issue to which there might be some registry edit that could circumvent their glitchy controls. My source is my Windows 7 PC through a GTX 650 ti. Nobody else mentioned color clipping like my green, which further makes me wonder if my projector has a special problem beyond normal.

Lastly, I'm not sure if my walls are not level in my apartment or not, but the top of the projected image seems straight, and the right side seems pretty parallel to the right wall, but obviously the left side isn't. I put a level on the table I have the projector on and it reads level. Adjusting the angle and moving side to side always brings me to this position, so I guess it's square with the wall as can be...

So, does this all seem within typical/acceptable quality, or should I return for a replacement within the 30 day window from NeweggFlash? I'm new to projectors so I thought I could use opinions from an experienced community. Thanks.
Is your screen really that pink on white scenes? I'm coming from a Samsung 60F5300 plasma that has a pink tint problem, so I would hate to buy this and get the same thing, lol.
post #9664 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhog View Post
Made my own masking the other day, i used roll up / roll down curtain hanger ( manually ) using 8"H felt cloth for my 115" in PJ screen ( for the upper black border only and i change the x/y height to eliminate the lower black).

And use the excess felt cloth for the screen wall. Now, the PQ and contrast is much better w/ less reflections from side walls. Soon will be the ceiling near the screen :P

Made my own version black screen wall plus roll up/roll down DIY masking, and black side walls for trials at the moment for my W1070

materials used
- 1 pc 1inch stainless tubular ( curtain hanger )
- 1 pc 1/2 inch stainless tubular ( curtain hanger )
- 2 pcs curtain hanger holder
- soft black felt cloth
- adhesive
- sewing thread

sample of 1/2 inch tubular

holder and 1inch tubular after installation

Closed up shot at mask rolled up

rolled up masking

rolled down masking 8" in height

no mask - lights on - full screen

no mask - lights off - full screen

no mask - lights on - 2.35 aspect ratio

no mask- lights on- adjust scale x 3 and height postion to eliminate lower portion of black letter box

mask down - lights on - ( same scale and height position )

and lights off. ( same scale and height )
and compared to no mask

mask rolled up - lights off -( Same scale and height)

mask rolled up - lights off - default aspect ( letter box )

DIY PJ SCREEN

BenQ 1070

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fredxr2d2 likes this.
post #9665 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What are you using to scale the 2:35.1 material down on the screen?
post #9666 of 9668 Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM

BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
What are you using to scale the 2:35.1 material down on the screen?

its the xTreamer Sidewinder 3 (NMT PLAYER). if ur using HTPC, some players also have this features, i think it was MPC (?). the nice thing about this features is ur ideal screen image will be retained at ur preferred eye level distance.

Last edited by crazyhog; Yesterday at 05:04 PM. Reason: add on
post #9667 of 9668 Old Today, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to replace my W1000 with this for 3D and just to update my projector. Anyone come from a w1000?
post #9668 of 9668 Old Today, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This ones is off the list then thanks.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version