BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 323 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #9661 of 10240 Old 07-28-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
StinDaWg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariumguy View Post
I snagged a W1070 during the recent NeweggFlash sale, but noticed some characteristics in my projected image that I wasn't sure if they warranted an exchange. I took some photos as daylight was coming on and I don't have blackout curtains so excuse the quality. I'm also projecting on my textured wall until my blackout liner arrives Wednesday and I build a screen.



First, I noticed what I've come to learning is called "chromatic aberration", and seen some people cite it as normal at this price range, and even specifically shown it on a W1070. Is this something that would be virtually impossible to avoid and I should expect in any replacement?




Thirdly, I discovered black, white, and green clipping. This pic was taken when it was getting quite bright out so you can hardly see the blue but it's there. The green is a solid bright green - no steps of shade at all. I've seen only a couple people ask about black and white clipping that got vague responses about it possibly being the source, but earlier in this thread, I found a couple people talking about it. One said it was normal with this projector, I guess, and the other was reporting they they actually had no clipping (BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$). I read elsewhere that this might be an Nvidia issue to which there might be some registry edit that could circumvent their glitchy controls. My source is my Windows 7 PC through a GTX 650 ti. Nobody else mentioned color clipping like my green, which further makes me wonder if my projector has a special problem beyond normal.



Lastly, I'm not sure if my walls are not level in my apartment or not, but the top of the projected image seems straight, and the right side seems pretty parallel to the right wall, but obviously the left side isn't. I put a level on the table I have the projector on and it reads level. Adjusting the angle and moving side to side always brings me to this position, so I guess it's square with the wall as can be...

So, does this all seem within typical/acceptable quality, or should I return for a replacement within the 30 day window from NeweggFlash? I'm new to projectors so I thought I could use opinions from an experienced community. Thanks.
Is your screen really that pink on white scenes? I'm coming from a Samsung 60F5300 plasma that has a pink tint problem, so I would hate to buy this and get the same thing, lol.
StinDaWg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #9662 of 10240 Old 07-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Member
 
crazyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhog View Post
Made my own masking the other day, i used roll up / roll down curtain hanger ( manually ) using 8"H felt cloth for my 115" in PJ screen ( for the upper black border only and i change the x/y height to eliminate the lower black).

And use the excess felt cloth for the screen wall. Now, the PQ and contrast is much better w/ less reflections from side walls. Soon will be the ceiling near the screen :P



Made my own version black screen wall plus roll up/roll down DIY masking, and black side walls for trials at the moment for my W1070

materials used
- 1 pc 1inch stainless tubular ( curtain hanger )
- 1 pc 1/2 inch stainless tubular ( curtain hanger )
- 2 pcs curtain hanger holder
- soft black felt cloth
- adhesive
- sewing thread



sample of 1/2 inch tubular


holder and 1inch tubular after installation


Closed up shot at mask rolled up


rolled up masking


rolled down masking 8" in height


no mask - lights on - full screen


no mask - lights off - full screen


no mask - lights on - 2.35 aspect ratio


no mask- lights on- adjust scale x 3 and height postion to eliminate lower portion of black letter box


mask down - lights on - ( same scale and height position )



and lights off. ( same scale and height )
and compared to no mask


mask rolled up - lights off -( Same scale and height)


mask rolled up - lights off - default aspect ( letter box )


DIY PJ SCREEN


BenQ 1070








Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tommy Mang and fredxr2d2 like this.
crazyhog is online now  
post #9663 of 10240 Old 07-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bachelor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Utah
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
What are you using to scale the 2:35.1 material down on the screen?
Bachelor is offline  
post #9664 of 10240 Old 07-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Member
 
crazyhog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
What are you using to scale the 2:35.1 material down on the screen?

its the xTreamer Sidewinder 3 (NMT PLAYER). if ur using HTPC, some players also have this features, i think it was MPC (?). the nice thing about this features is ur ideal screen image will be retained at ur preferred eye level distance.

Last edited by crazyhog; 07-28-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: add on
crazyhog is online now  
post #9665 of 10240 Old 07-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Stix2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Davisburg, MI
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to replace my W1000 with this for 3D and just to update my projector. Anyone come from a w1000?
Stix2 is offline  
post #9666 of 10240 Old 07-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
Stix2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Davisburg, MI
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Posted in wrong spot.

Last edited by Stix2; 07-30-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Stix2 is offline  
post #9667 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 AM
Newbie
 
aquariumguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinDaWg View Post
Is your screen really that pink on white scenes? I'm coming from a Samsung 60F5300 plasma that has a pink tint problem, so I would hate to buy this and get the same thing, lol.
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The pink is definitely from my crappy smartphone, actually. I remember clearly not seeing any of that when I was assessing the picture quality - just uneven brightness that I was posting about. I sent it in for a replacement and am actually getting that Thursday, so hopefully I really had a dud and the picture quality is more impressively consistent normally. I'll also have a DIY screen built from blackout liner.
aquariumguy is offline  
post #9668 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 10:19 AM
IRJ
Senior Member
 
IRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am looking to replace an old Optoma 720P DLP projector (the lamp has just failed) and like the specs and reviews of the BQ W1070.
It will be used with a ceiling mount about 20 feet from my screen of 126 inches.
I won't be using the inbuilt speakers as have my own 5.1 system in place.


Some basic questions.


I presume there is a menu to deactivated these small speakers?
Will I need to run an Ethernet line to it (one time) to check and get updated firmware?
Any other issues I should be aware about during setup etc.?
Thanks.

Ian
IRJ is offline  
post #9669 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJ View Post
I am looking to replace an old Optoma 720P DLP projector (the lamp has just failed) and like the specs and reviews of the BQ W1070.
It will be used with a ceiling mount about 20 feet from my screen of 126 inches.
I won't be using the inbuilt speakers as have my own 5.1 system in place.


Some basic questions.


I presume there is a menu to deactivated these small speakers?
Will I need to run an Ethernet line to it (one time) to check and get updated firmware?
Any other issues I should be aware about during setup etc.?
Thanks.
The speakers can be disabled by simply dropping volume to zero; although many AVR's won't pass audio to the display by default anyway.

For firmware upgrading, this needs to be done via USB (there isn't an ethernet port). I've done a few updates before and it's not too complicated, but care needs be taken when following the steps to do so - the procedure is discussed earlier in this thread.

However, if you buy new, you'll almost certainly get the most recent firmware (1.08) in any case. This can be checked in the menu.


Your throw distance is an issue, though. The BenQ has a relatively short throw that means at your current 20ft mounting distance, you're going to end up with a mimimum of 184" of screen size!

You'll need to move your mounting position a bit closer. The official calculator indicates that the furthest the projector can be from a 126"-diagonal screen is 13'9".

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
post #9670 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 02:11 PM
IRJ
Senior Member
 
IRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Wow I am surprised at the short throw issue as I thought there was an "ST" designated model for this kind of short run and that the normal model would accommodate my positioning.
I would really want to try to avoid getting cable extensions and patching ceilings

Ian

Last edited by IRJ; 07-30-2014 at 02:25 PM.
IRJ is offline  
post #9671 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
akm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Spokane WA USA
Posts: 1,178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJ View Post
Wow I am surprised at the short throw issue as I thought there was an "ST" designated model for this kind of short run and that the normal model would accommodate my positioning.
I would really want to try to avoid getting cable extensions and patching ceilings
The normal one is really closer to a traditional short throw, and the ST version is like ridiculously short throw.

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
akm3 is offline  
post #9672 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 PM
IRJ
Senior Member
 
IRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
The normal one is really closer to a traditional short throw, and the ST version is like ridiculously short throw.

So which BenQ is the NON short throw model then as both are ST whether marked as such or not?

Ian
IRJ is offline  
post #9673 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 164
BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Indeed the throw is quite a bit shorter than normal.

For first-time projector owners it usually makes no difference: but for upgraders, it can add a bit of complexity.
(Although often when upgrading, something's gotta give because many projectors have differing projection throw angles - or their lens positioning on the projector itself may differ and the lens needs to be precisely mid-screen).

That said, the shorter throw can be hugely useful for people with smaller rooms.


Take a look at the W1500 which has a more traditional throw if you're attempting to keep the mount in a similar place; it may be closer to what you're after... But it's pricier.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
post #9674 of 10240 Old 07-30-2014, 06:05 PM
Member
 
pstam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If you have the projector ceiling mounted (upside down), does the projector account for this when doing the lens shift adjustment? Does up mean up and down mean down still? Or does up mean down and down mean up?

Also how far above the screen does the projector have to be mounted? Is it universal at all ranges, or not? I think when I was mounting the PJ at my college house I aimed for the center of the lens to be about an inch above the screen because that's what a calculator told me, now I fear that may be too low.

Does this projector's keystone correction involve digital correction or optical? Is using keystone really all that bad?

Edit: Also what kind of lens shift does the 1070 have? Does it include optical correction for keystone?

Last edited by pstam; 07-30-2014 at 06:10 PM.
pstam is offline  
post #9675 of 10240 Old 07-31-2014, 06:15 AM
Member
 
bighvy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstam View Post
If you have the projector ceiling mounted (upside down), does the projector account for this when doing the lens shift adjustment? Does up mean up and down mean down still? Or does up mean down and down mean up?

Also how far above the screen does the projector have to be mounted? Is it universal at all ranges, or not? I think when I was mounting the PJ at my college house I aimed for the center of the lens to be about an inch above the screen because that's what a calculator told me, now I fear that may be too low.

Does this projector's keystone correction involve digital correction or optical? Is using keystone really all that bad?

Edit: Also what kind of lens shift does the 1070 have? Does it include optical correction for keystone?
center of lens should be mounted 3" above the top of the viewable part of the screen. Keystone is digital and u don't want to use it. The lens shift is limited maybe 3-7"
bighvy76 is offline  
post #9676 of 10240 Old 07-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Stix2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Davisburg, MI
Posts: 773
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I can do my own comparison o the W1000 Projector gets here today. Looked at alot of projectors and after having the W1000 since starting the 2009 and 9000 hours 2 bulbs later.... in with the new. Just about read this whole dang thread.
Stix2 is offline  
post #9677 of 10240 Old 07-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
cbcdesign's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Clevedon. UK
Posts: 425
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariumguy View Post
Sorry for not getting back sooner. The pink is definitely from my crappy smartphone, actually. I remember clearly not seeing any of that when I was assessing the picture quality - just uneven brightness that I was posting about. I sent it in for a replacement and am actually getting that Thursday, so hopefully I really had a dud and the picture quality is more impressively consistent normally. I'll also have a DIY screen built from blackout liner.
I have a feeling you will be disappointed. Image brightness uniformity from one side of the screen to the other is not brilliant on these cheaper BenQ projectors. Its not really that noticeable when watching movies but shows up badly when looking at games on grass.
cbcdesign is offline  
post #9678 of 10240 Old 07-31-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nicktx27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcdesign View Post
I have a feeling you will be disappointed. Image brightness uniformity from one side of the screen to the other is not brilliant on these cheaper BenQ projectors. Its not really that noticeable when watching movies but shows up badly when looking at games on grass.
So don't smoke pot while gaming.
Nicktx27 is offline  
post #9679 of 10240 Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Member
 
Scott Mantooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was wondering if anyone here has this paired up with one of the Silver Ticket fixed frame screens. What are your impressions?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CYL...863802&sr=8-1#
Scott Mantooth is offline  
post #9680 of 10240 Old 08-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Member
 
QUATERMAIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishari84 View Post
After a while with W1070, I will add some notes compared to W7000.

W1070: (I use Kraine's setting, which is very accurate)
- Low lag
- Accurate and beautiful colors.
- Picture is flat without depth and motion is not very good. I could not a complete a movie on it yet.


W7000:
- Used it with Hoya ND2 filter, which improved the picture dramatically.
- Sold it because it gave me severe nausea, I do not know the reason yet. Someone said could be the 3D glasses.
- Colors, depth and motion where noticeably better.
- Lag was noticeable.

If I would choose DLP projector again, I would choose Benq W7000 with ND4 filter on a white screen, or try Mitsubishi HC4000 if I want it for gaming more than 3D.
Where can I find the Kraine settings to W1070?

Thanks!
QUATERMAIN is offline  
post #9681 of 10240 Old 08-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of some help. I can't seem to be able to access the "projector position" option in order to invert my picture. I'm running the W1070 from a Marantz slimline receiver. Whenever I click on projector position I just get a little red unavailable sign in the top left corner of the screen. I remember being able to invert it when I was directly connected to my PS3. Any ideas here? My slimline receiver is not 3D compatible if that has any bearing on this situation.

Thanks!
joedeeze is offline  
post #9682 of 10240 Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Nicktx27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quick question.
Is there a way to tell if my fan blades will interfere with the light path?
For my room I'm going to ceiling mount either flush or 3-6". I have 8 ft ceilings and throw distance will be at 13'.
The fan blades are about 6-8" from the ceiling and sit at about 11-12'. So about 1-2 ft in front of where the projector would mount.

Last edited by Nicktx27; 08-02-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Nicktx27 is offline  
post #9683 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 02:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
anirbana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 603
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Red face Need some help

I am right now comparing the BenQ W1070 and Optoma HD131XE with same sources and so far liking the image of the BenQ

Appreciate if someone can clarify the following on a BenQ W1070

1. On turning off Brilliant Color, the Color temp option is greyed out - Is this normal or I am missing something?
2. BC off makes the picture bit greenish -is this normal
3. I am noticing some noise and noise movements on people's faces in high contrast scenes. This effect is much less on the Optoma and not at all there with my IN82 that one of the new units will replace
4. Is there a set of good calibration settings people use here on Eco or Smart Eco mode. The thread is too large to go through and I was wondering if one or two kind soul here could post a few settings.

Cheers

Ani
anirbana is offline  
post #9684 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
kreeturez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 164
BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedeeze View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm in need of some help. I can't seem to be able to access the "projector position" option in order to invert my picture. I'm running the W1070 from a Marantz slimline receiver. Whenever I click on projector position I just get a little red unavailable sign in the top left corner of the screen. I remember being able to invert it when I was directly connected to my PS3. Any ideas here? My slimline receiver is not 3D compatible if that has any bearing on this situation.

Thanks!

You don't click it, you hit the Left and Right arrows to cycle through it's options... It should work on any source as long as a source is connected and providing a picture.

Incidentally it's a 'global' setting, which means as a last resort you could potentially attach another device (your PS3 which worked previously, for example), change the setting, and it should apply to all sources on the projector from then on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 View Post
Quick question.

Is there a way to tell if my fan blades will interfere with the light path?

For my room I'm going to ceiling mount either flush or 3-6". I have 8 ft ceilings and throw distance will be at 13'.

The fan blades are about 6-8" from the ceiling and sit at about 11-12'. So about 1-2 ft in front of where the projector would mount.

Light travels in a straight line.
So a simple (if a tad crude :-) method: observe visually from the position that you'll be mounting the projector (from where the lens will be): if the fan blades don't obstruct your view to the very top of the screen, then you're fine.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
kreeturez is offline  
post #9685 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Nicktx27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,098
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
Light travels in a straight line.
So a simple (if a tad crude :-) method: observe visually from the position that you'll be mounting the projector (from where the lens will be): if the fan blades don't obstruct your view to the very top of the screen, then you're fine.
Got it. So really, I just need to extend the unit to right below the fan blades.
Thanks!
Nicktx27 is offline  
post #9686 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AV_Integrated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern, VA - Washington, DC
Posts: 3,267
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 View Post
Got it. So really, I just need to extend the unit to right below the fan blades.
Thanks!
Really?

Yes!

The center of the lens projects downwards, but only minimally, so you need the lens JUST below any obstructions, and the top of the screen about 2"-5" lower than that.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
AV_Integrated is offline  
post #9687 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 01:59 PM
JW6
Member
 
JW6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been a while, just came on the site to see any value kings in projectors...ha this site is dangerous. Super exicted about the possibility of this working in my very space limited basement setup (old 720p Op.). Viewing distance is at about 9.5' with 7' ceiling. Damn ducting right above seating for about a foot and a pole behind to boot After reviewing throw/placement possibilities, am I wrong in thinking I could rather easiliy throw a 92" (with Elite cinewhite stableframe fixed) image from my ceiling (about 1.5' infront of seating, 7' ceiling, and 8' from screen) without any keystone, etc. adjustments? This would be amazing! Thanks. Love this forum!!
JW6 is offline  
post #9688 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Really?

Yes!

The center of the lens projects downwards, but only minimally, so you need the lens JUST below any obstructions, and the top of the screen about 2"-5" lower than that.
Projector installation would be so much more complicated if light didn't travel in straight lines. Of course, that would also facilitate some innovative off center placements. Bummer about those laws of physics...
AV_Integrated likes this.
niccolo is offline  
post #9689 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AV_Integrated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Northern, VA - Washington, DC
Posts: 3,267
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
Projector installation would be so much more complicated if light didn't travel in straight lines. Of course, that would also facilitate some innovative off center placements. Bummer about those laws of physics...
The new InTomaQ projectors offer up to 45 degrees of lens flux. This way you can project over tables or under ceiling fans without any of that pesky straight line business getting in the way.

It also offers straight line expansion, so you can mount a projector at the back of the room, project in a 2" area right across the ceiling, and in the last 6" the image expands to fill whatever size screen you need. No more issues with people walking in front of your image while watching movies.

Oh yeah, this is clearly what we need to setup on all new projectors.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
AV_Integrated is offline  
post #9690 of 10240 Old 08-02-2014, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
niccolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
The new InTomaQ projectors offer up to 45 degrees of lens flux. This way you can project over tables or under ceiling fans without any of that pesky straight line business getting in the way.

It also offers straight line expansion, so you can mount a projector at the back of the room, project in a 2" area right across the ceiling, and in the last 6" the image expands to fill whatever size screen you need. No more issues with people walking in front of your image while watching movies.

Oh yeah, this is clearly what we need to setup on all new projectors.
Reminds me of that Angelina Jolie assassin movie where they used willpower to make the bullets curve...
niccolo is offline  
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off