BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 324 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9691 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
Really?

Yes!

The center of the lens projects downwards, but only minimally, so you need the lens JUST below any obstructions, and the top of the screen about 2"-5" lower than that.
Ok, got it.
One more question then. If I place the lens just below the blades and then use lens shift to shift the image a bit higher on my wall, will it still clear the blades?
I know these may sound like stupid questions but I've never dealt with lens shift.
I'm just trying to decide between this and the 1080st. My room is 14.5' x17' and I'm projecting onto the 14.5' side due to room layout there is not other way. Either will seem to work, it's just a matter of which will work better.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9692 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicktx27 View Post
Ok, got it.
One more question then. If I place the lens just below the blades and then use lens shift to shift the image a bit higher on my wall, will it still clear the blades?
I know these may sound like stupid questions but I've never dealt with lens shift.
I'm just trying to decide between this and the 1080st. My room is 14.5' x17' and I'm projecting onto the 14.5' side due to room layout there is not other way. Either will seem to work, it's just a matter of which will work better.
Thanks.
Use a calculator, at projector central or benq, to calculate your preferred position, then either use math or tape and string to answer your question.

You're going to have to drop the 1070 a fair bit from the ceiling to clear a fan. So if the 1080 can be mounted in front of the fan, that may be preferable.
post #9693 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
Use a calculator, at projector central or benq, to calculate your preferred position, then either use math or tape and string to answer your question.

You're going to have to drop the 1070 a fair bit from the ceiling to clear a fan. So if the 1080 can be mounted in front of the fan, that may be preferable.
I just need to clear the blades. Basically, I removing the big fan from the center of the room and replacing it with two smaller fans further to he left and right. I'm going to try and stay completely clear of the light path.
I have everything taped off. I guess I'll just need to buy the 1070 and figure it out.
post #9694 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I just need to clear the blades. Basically, I removing the big fan from the center of the room and replacing it with two smaller fans further to he left and right. I'm going to try and stay completely clear of the light path.
I have everything taped off. I guess I'll just need to buy the 1070 and figure it out.
A combination of a projector calculator online and some string, or even just line of sight in person, will let you answer this without buying the projector. But note that there are a number of variables--mount height, screen height, lens shift--with which you'll need to play around.
post #9695 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
A combination of a projector calculator online and some string, or even just line of sight in person, will let you answer this without buying the projector. But note that there are a number of variables--mount height, screen height, lens shift--with which you'll need to play around.
Got it. For lens shift though, does it affect where the pj is placed? IOW, as long as the lens is below the obstruction, I should be able to shift up and down without issue. For the most part that is, understanding other factors may be in play.

Or could I mount it closer to the ceiling and use lens shift down?
Maybe I'm not understanding how lens shift works.

Last edited by Nicktx27; 08-02-2014 at 06:24 PM.
post #9696 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Got it. For lens shift though, does it affect where the pj is placed? IOW, as long as the lens is below the obstruction, I should be able to shift up and down without issue. For the most part that is, understanding other factors may be in play.
Think of lens shift as a way to angle the projector up and down, but without distortion. So yes, lens shift changes the light path (that's the point!), just as moving the projector up and down does. The calculators include lens shift, stop asking theoretical questions and plug your numbers into a calculator!

This forum is kind of like God--we're best at helping those who also help themselves! Sorry for the snark...
post #9697 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
You're still limited by line of sight, as originally stated...

Also remember: the lens shift on the W1070 only operates in one direction - that is, if ceiling mounted, the resulting image is projected just a few inches below the center-line of the lens.
Lens shift then allows you to shift the image further down from that position: you can't shift it higher.

Hence yes, if your lens is below the obstruction, your projected image will be free of the obstruction.

But (and here's the kicker): the height of said obstruction (well, a few inches below it, technically) is as high as your screen can be.

If that's too low, you'll need to look into the W1080ST in order to mount in front of it.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #9698 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Think of lens shift as a way to angle the projector up and down, but without distortion. So yes, lens shift changes the light path (that's the point!), just as moving the projector up and down does. The calculators include lens shift, stop asking theoretical questions and plug your numbers into a calculator!

This forum is kind of like God--we're best at helping those who also help themselves! Sorry for the snark...
I understand. I'm just not home now and won't be for a couple weeks so just trying to understand the physics of how these projectors work.
Thanks.
post #9699 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
You're still limited by line of sight, as originally stated...

Also remember: the lens shift on the W1070 only operates in one direction - that is, if ceiling mounted, the resulting image is projected just a few inches below the center-line of the lens.
Lens shift then allows you to shift the image further down from that position: you can't shift it higher.

Hence yes, if your lens is below the obstruction, your projected image will be free of the obstruction.

But (and here's the kicker): the height of said obstruction (well, a few inches below it, technically) is as high as your screen can be.

If that's too low, you'll need to look into the W1080ST in order to mount in front of it.
Okay, so then if I understand that if I do not clear the blades with the lens by say an inch or so then lens shift could allow that placement?
However, the top of the screen could be no higher than the 6-7" that the blades sit at?
post #9700 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Okay, so then if I understand that if I do not clear the blades with the lens by say an inch or so then lens shift could allow that placement?
However, the top of the screen could be no higher than the 6-7" that the blades sit at?
Maybe, maybe not - but ultimately, that's immaterial: we're down to geometry, here :-)

Your fans are 7" off the ceiling. They're also close to the desired mounting-position for the projector. The projector naturally (with zero lens shift) projects at a very small angle downwards; meaning your resulting projected image is just a few inches below the lens.

If we were to draw an almost-straight line, at a very small angle, to the top of the screen - then mounting anything more than a touch above the height of the fan probably won't allow you to clear it at any amount of lens shift due to how close the fan is to the projector.

Use of the lens shift increases the projection angle, which, as geometry dictates, is how the projected image gets shifted downwards.

So the trade-off for mounting higher would be requiring more use of lens shift to get the image to clear the fan, which results in the projected image being lower.
Essentially, that means that mounting the projector itself with the lens just below the fan will probably nett you a higher-positioned image, compared to mounting higher and engaging full lens shift.

So no, the lens shift wouldn't help you much in this scenario.

So in summary:
Your best-case in terms of the maximum height of the projected image, then, is going to be employing zero lens shift, and placing the projector with it's lens just a touch below the fan.
Which means your top-of-screen can be at a maximum of a-few-inches-below the fan's 7" height off the ceiling.
Ftoast likes this.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

post #9701 of 10054 Old 08-02-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Maybe, maybe not - but ultimately, that's immaterial: we're down to geometry, here :-)

Your fans are 7" off the ceiling. They're also close to the desired mounting-position for the projector. The projector naturally (with zero lens shift) projects at a very small angle downwards; meaning your resulting projected image is just a few inches below the lens.

If we were to draw an almost-straight line, at a very small angle, to the top of the screen - then mounting anything more than a touch above the height of the fan probably won't allow you to clear it at any amount of lens shift due to how close the fan is to the projector.

Use of the lens shift increases the projection angle, which, as geometry dictates, is how the projected image gets shifted downwards.

So the trade-off for mounting higher would be requiring more use of lens shift to get the image to clear the fan, which results in the projected image being lower.
Essentially, that means that mounting the projector itself with the lens just below the fan will probably nett you a higher-positioned image, compared to mounting higher and engaging full lens shift.

So no, the lens shift wouldn't help you much in this scenario.

So in summary:
Your best-case in terms of the maximum height of the projected image, then, is going to be employing zero lens shift, and placing the projector with it's lens just a touch below the fan.
Which means your top-of-screen can be at a maximum of a-few-inches-below the fan's 7" height off the ceiling.
Aha! Much clearer. Thank you.
It looks like I'll be able to use this then.
Appreciate the assist!
post #9702 of 10054 Old 08-03-2014, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Crashing when trying to watch 3D

Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a new graphics card because I felt it was time for a new one. I went from a Radeon HD 7850 to the Radeon R9 280x. Now watching 3D with my BenQ w1070 was no problem at all with my HD7850. I was watching (and still am trying to) SBS 3D movies from my PC. I had updated the firmware on my BenQ w1070 to 1.06 in order to be able to watch 3D SBS. Now all I had to do was to set the refresh rate of my PC (via right mouse button on desktop (windows 7), then Screen Resolution, then Advanced Settings, then Monitor tab and then change the Screen Refresh Rate) to 24 Hz in order to be able to select the Side-by-Side option under 3D settings on the Benq w1070. But now that I have switched to a new graphics card my PC keeps crashing when I am watching a 3D movie. I get a black screen or a blue screen (not the BSOD because I do not see any text on my screen, it is just blue). Also when I change the refresh rate the only 6 options are: 25/29/30 Hertz Interlaced or 50/59/60 Hertz. I really don't know what the problem is and how I can fix. I have the latest driver from AMD so that should't be the problem.

Can anyone please help me how to fix my 3D movie watching problem.

Greetings,

Wunterslaus
post #9703 of 10054 Old 08-03-2014, 06:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunterslaus View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a new graphics card because I felt it was time for a new one. I went from a Radeon HD 7850 to the Radeon R9 280x. Now watching 3D with my BenQ w1070 was no problem at all with my HD7850. I was watching (and still am trying to) SBS 3D movies from my PC. I had updated the firmware on my BenQ w1070 to 1.06 in order to be able to watch 3D SBS. Now all I had to do was to set the refresh rate of my PC (via right mouse button on desktop (windows 7), then Screen Resolution, then Advanced Settings, then Monitor tab and then change the Screen Refresh Rate) to 24 Hz in order to be able to select the Side-by-Side option under 3D settings on the Benq w1070. But now that I have switched to a new graphics card my PC keeps crashing when I am watching a 3D movie. I get a black screen or a blue screen (not the BSOD because I do not see any text on my screen, it is just blue). Also when I change the refresh rate the only 6 options are: 25/29/30 Hertz Interlaced or 50/59/60 Hertz. I really don't know what the problem is and how I can fix. I have the latest driver from AMD so that should't be the problem.
I would check in the Home Theater PC section. Any and all video output issues related to a computer are a computer issue. It could deal with the EDID table being received from the projector, but that shouldn't change what the PC does, and the PC not working well with it, is still a PC issue. I have heard about half a dozen reports similar to what you are running into, and it has always been a PC related issue.

I do hope you DO get good info in this section, but I recommend you give a try in the HTPC section as a primary place to check on this issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #9704 of 10054 Old 08-03-2014, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
I would check in the Home Theater PC section. Any and all video output issues related to a computer are a computer issue. It could deal with the EDID table being received from the projector, but that shouldn't change what the PC does, and the PC not working well with it, is still a PC issue. I have heard about half a dozen reports similar to what you are running into, and it has always been a PC related issue.

I do hope you DO get good info in this section, but I recommend you give a try in the HTPC section as a primary place to check on this issue.
Thanks for your reply, I will do that and hope I get good info on both of them. :P
post #9705 of 10054 Old 08-03-2014, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My new home is currently under construction (roof should be going up tomorrow and they plan to go fast, starting drywall on Thursday or Friday) and I will be projecting onto the wall and the screen size will be really limited by how close to the ceiling I can mount the projector.

I was planning on this Mustang low profile mount:

http://www.amazon.com/Mustang-Profil...rojector+mount

But it would be nice if there was a way to mount it even closer without breaking the bank. We have about a 145" screen right now (projector is sitting on a table at the back of the room), and it's looking like we will probably have to downsize to "just" about 120" at the new house. It's strange to say but I am afraid 120" might seem small after what we are used to, lol.
post #9706 of 10054 Old 08-03-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Geez, that doesn't look like a low-profile mount, it also looks like a wobbly piece of junk.

There are two of these on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHIEF-RPAU-C...item3ce56f84f5

They can be bolted directly to the ceiling. They have a lower profile, are far more easily adjusted, and is far more sturdy once installed.

Search Chief RPAU on eBay and you will be able to see the other one. Both are from the same seller.

Good Chief mounts come up on eBay all the time, and are available to the patient. I just picked up a used RPMAU Elite universal mount, which typically sells for $150+ for under $80 shipped to my door. Oh, and they included their old projector along with the mount.

So, you can find stuff for $50 or so which will really make you happy for years to come.

Not sure why the ceiling height is so limited in a new construction setup though. No need for any gear at the front of the room if you can put your wiring anywhere you want it. I sure wouldn't plan on downsizing if I could avoid it.

EDIT: Here's the same group selling another Elite mount with projector:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chief-RPMA00...item339326cb48

I got it for $50 + shipping ($20) which is half of what you typically find online for a Elite universal mount. Unfortunately, the stack height is a bit more than the RPAU mount I previously linked, and it may end up costing $20 more or so to get it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #9707 of 10054 Old 08-04-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Well, my 1070 is up and I'd like to post a mini review.

First. This is my first DLP projector and I'm very sad to learn that I am very rainbow sensitive. I see them everywhere, especially on anything black text with a white background if my eyes even think of moving. It's like multi-colored strobe lights blasting your eyes and it gives me headaches almost immediately. This is problematic while for example navigating the AppleTV interface (white text on black background). It is much less frequently noticed on actual material.

Second. I went with too big a screen for my room and I cheaped out too much on the screen. I have a $177 elite screens pulldown and I got what I paid for. It's junk, there are waves at the bottom that are noticeable when viewing and I will be replacing it quickly.

The actual projector fan noise doesn't bother me. The brightness is off the charts - it's perfect when watching 3D which cuts out a lot of light. Without 3D, the black levels are just too high. Since I'm going to be shrinking my screen from a 120" to approximately a 106" which will put even MORE light on the screen, I'm going to probably buy a .9 gain grey screen. Also, my walls are still light color so I'm going to go ahead and paint them dark grey as per my original plan.

I knew this going in but the lack of lens shift control compared to a projector I've owned in the past (Sanyo Z2) is annoying. That is just part of this price range though. Also, I'm disappointed that it is impossible to achieve truly tight focus across the entire image, and when you get up close you can clearly see the "chromatic abberation" which looks just like a convergence problem. My final gripe is the zoom/focus. Zooming changes focus, focus changes zoom. This sucks.

With all that said, when viewing actual content, the picture looks great, especially 3D. For this price, I couldn't expect to be more happy with the projector. If I knew what I knew now about rainbows, I probably would have bought the Sony 40es for $2k while it was on sale instead, but I will not be unhappy keeping the 1070 going forward. It's a great projector.

I may also experiment with a removable Neutral Density filter to see if that can't reduce the light output for non 3D movies and help out a bit.

OH one last thing. I can't believe how BAD DVD looks. It is a junky, pixellated mess. I'm pretty sure the upscaling is happening in my Blu-Ray player but it looks like garbage so I need to investigate it further. Blu-Ray looks great. 3D Blu-Ray looks perfect.

TLDR: So, in conclusion, in my room, for 2D material I need to control light, reduce gain, reduce output (via ND filter) and figure out my upconversion and it will be great. For 3D Blu-Ray it's already near perfect. I wish the lens was higher quality to allow better focusing/convergence (yes I know it's DLP but it looks like convergence). End of the day it throws an awesome picture while playing content. And rainbows really suck. LCOS for my next projector.

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
post #9708 of 10054 Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

akm3,
Swap your ATV's Video Output setting from 'Auto' (which will default to 60hz) to '50hz' instead.

The color wheel has been found to spin significantly faster when the projector is receiving a 50hz signal compared to a 60hz one.

This is what I've been doing on my source devices (I'm also sensitive) and the improvement is very noticeable.

The ND filter will help, too.

Last edited by kreeturez; 08-04-2014 at 08:36 AM.
post #9709 of 10054 Old 08-04-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
akm3,
Swap your ATV's Video Output setting from 'Auto' (which will default to 60hz) to '50hz' instead.

The color wheel has been found to spin significantly faster when the projector is receiving a 50hz signal compared to a 60hz one.

This is what I've been doing on my source devices (I'm also sensitive) and the improvement is very noticeable.

The ND filter will help, too.
I'll give that a try thank you! I'll report back.

I just ordered a Oppo 103d, does that have an option to set 50hz as well?

Last edited by akm3; 08-04-2014 at 01:15 PM.
post #9710 of 10054 Old 08-04-2014, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 30
50hz or 60hz doesn't make much difference to me in terms of rainbow. I think akm will still see a lot of them in 50hz, because he sees it on the first sight, just like me. I could go a step further to give an analogy of the rainbow to mp3. The differences between 50hz and 60hz (to me) are sutle, much like comparing the sound quality of 128k mp3 and flac.
post #9711 of 10054 Old 08-04-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
I'll give that a try thank you! I'll report back.

I just ordered a Oppo 103d, does that have an option to set 50hz as well?
What is your lamp mode? I notice more rainbows when running in brighter smart Eco vs Eco.

Also when running 1080p 24 vs forced 60 I see more RBE in 24.

It's not bad but since I'm getting more hours on the PJ it seems to calm down a little. Over all I love the PJ for the money. Maybe later I will buy something better.

Yes, the oppo 103d will help a little but not miracles. I'm glad I got one and really enjoy the Darbee.
post #9712 of 10054 Old 08-04-2014, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjt133 View Post
50hz or 60hz doesn't make much difference to me in terms of rainbow. I think akm will still see a lot of them in 50hz, because he sees it on the first sight, just like me. I could go a step further to give an analogy of the rainbow to mp3. The differences between 50hz and 60hz (to me) are sutle, much like comparing the sound quality of 128k mp3 and flac.
That analo is funny because I hear a big difference in flac vs 128kbps but I'll bet your point stands.

post #9713 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So disappointed. Got this projector today, fired it up, and immediately discovered I'm very sensitive to RBE. I tried switching to 60 HZ but it was still very distracting to me. Got it from Neweggflash and they wouldn't allow a return. I had to haggle with them for a while just to get a store credit minus a 10% restocking fee. So I just lost $71 on this little adventure and have to find an LCD projector now for probably twice the price
post #9714 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckshaw View Post
So disappointed. Got this projector today, fired it up, and immediately discovered I'm very sensitive to RBE. I tried switching to 60 HZ but it was still very distracting to me. Got it from Neweggflash and they wouldn't allow a return. I had to haggle with them for a while just to get a store credit minus a 10% restocking fee. So I just lost $71 on this little adventure and have to find an LCD projector now for probably twice the price
I had the same thing, but before you throw in the towel, try switching to the lower bulb output (the brighter it is set the worse the rainbows are)
Also, if you are viewing something like the AppleTV navigation menu (white text on black background) it is much worse than on actual movies.

post #9715 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Ok, conspiracy theory alert

I always run the bulb in Smart Eco. I am used to the occasional flicker. Last night I happened to check the Bulb menu and at some point it has changed itself to Normal. I haven't touched that so don't know when it happened

Anyone else had that?

Suspicious minds might think they do that on purpose so you accidentally use more lamp life...
post #9716 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
Ok, conspiracy theory alert

I always run the bulb in Smart Eco. I am used to the occasional flicker. Last night I happened to check the Bulb menu and at some point it has changed itself to Normal. I haven't touched that so don't know when it happened

Anyone else had that?

Suspicious minds might think they do that on purpose so you accidentally use more lamp life...

Over 2000 hours between two different W1070's and have never seen that - just checked mine, still SmartEco!

One thing that comes to mind: each preset can have its own Lamp Power setting (3D included) - so you sure you haven't switched from one preset to another without realizing? (It's easy to do by, say, double-pressing the middle 'Enter' button...)

post #9717 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Over 2000 hours between two different W1070's and have never seen that - just checked mine, still SmartEco!

One thing that comes to mind: each preset can have its own Lamp Power setting (3D included) - so you sure you haven't switched from one preset to another without realizing? (It's easy to do by, say, double-pressing the middle 'Enter' button...)
Yes maybe that's what I've done at some point. Also I did watch Pacific Rim 3D at the weekend (very good by the way) so maybe that has something to do with it

I'll be more cautious in future!
post #9718 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
I had the same thing, but before you throw in the towel, try switching to the lower bulb output (the brighter it is set the worse the rainbows are)
Also, if you are viewing something like the AppleTV navigation menu (white text on black background) it is much worse than on actual movies.
I'll give that a try this evening. I'm afraid that now that I'm aware of it, I'll be looking for it subconsciously.
post #9719 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckshaw View Post
I'll give that a try this evening. I'm afraid that now that I'm aware of it, I'll be looking for it subconsciously.
That is unfortunately true. If I purposefully flick my eyes around it is easy to see no matter what I do. Future projectors for me will stick to LCOS.

post #9720 of 10054 Old 08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd555 View Post
Yes maybe that's what I've done at some point. Also I did watch Pacific Rim 3D at the weekend (very good by the way) so maybe that has something to do with it

I'll be more cautious in future!

Yeah, might've flicked to default 'Standard' mode when coming out of 3D.

To be safe, it might make sense to set each preset to SmartEco, just in case!

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page