BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 330 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9871 of 9885 Old 08-28-2014, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
I've always wondered why lens surrounds are often reflective silver, seems totally counterproductive. Just because it "looks cool"?
Still wonder about this...

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9872 of 9885 Old 08-28-2014, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Sure enough as I say I'm going to wait a deal pops up for $699. I'm a few months away still, but I've joined the BenQ owners club.
post #9873 of 9885 Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
post #9874 of 9885 Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi! So, question:

I have a BenQ W1070 with the latest firmware, the one which is supposed to support SBS and OU 3D for 1080p 60hz timing. However, for some reason, the SBS option is grayed out. OU is available and works fine, but not SBS.

As a lot of my content is formatted SBS, this is a little concerning. Anyone else experience this?
post #9875 of 9885 Old Yesterday, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenA07 View Post
Sure enough as I say I'm going to wait a deal pops up for $699. I'm a few months away still, but I've joined the BenQ owners club.
Check Amazon and you will like what you see....... Also if there is a Frys near you its going for the same price. Im calling amazon for a price adjusting.
post #9876 of 9885 Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
Check Amazon and you will like what you see....... Also if there is a Frys near you its going for the same price. Im calling amazon for a price adjusting.
Made the purchase. Can't do much with it for another month or so while I finish getting the room ready, but this will be some good motivation.
post #9877 of 9885 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Power Outtage.
My APC UPC did not keep my 1070 powered up. It used to but when the power just went out today everything stayed power up except the projector.
Now I'm not sure how best to handle this. Could I simply buy a separate UPC?
When power came back on the projector ran the fans for a few min before lighting the lamp. I was sweating there for a bit.
post #9878 of 9885 Old Today, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Deal on Woot today.
post #9879 of 9885 Old Today, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just ordered one from woot. $642 with tax. I hope the refurb is in good working order with newest firmware. It will go directly above my JVC 4910 projector. I will be using it for regular tv , computer and outdoor movies.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #9880 of 9885 Old Today, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hoping someone can shed on an issue with 3d.

I tried it yesterday with the SainSonic Zodiac 904 Series 3D glasses, seems to very popular with the W1070.

However, I simply can't 'tell' a movie is 3d! I've tried Avatar Gravity Frozen Thor and Tron. All seen at the cinema with 3D and there it was as expected, but with the W1070 I cannot tell that the movie is 3d. So I have the movies in 3d mode and yes I am wearing the glasses (before anyone asks the obvious) and the glasses work. The redness of the 3d picture goes when you wear the glasses and the picture looks perfect with the glasses on, buts there is very little 3d effect, very little.

Anyone think of why this is happening.
post #9881 of 9885 Old Today, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by qal1h View Post
Hoping someone can shed on an issue with 3d.

I tried it yesterday with the SainSonic Zodiac 904 Series 3D glasses, seems to very popular with the W1070.

However, I simply can't 'tell' a movie is 3d! I've tried Avatar Gravity Frozen Thor and Tron. All seen at the cinema with 3D and there it was as expected, but with the W1070 I cannot tell that the movie is 3d. So I have the movies in 3d mode and yes I am wearing the glasses (before anyone asks the obvious) and the glasses work. The redness of the 3d picture goes when you wear the glasses and the picture looks perfect with the glasses on, buts there is very little 3d effect, very little.

Anyone think of why this is happening.
If the red is there it IS in 3D, if the red goes away then the glasses ARE on and working. Only think I can think is they are blocking the wrong eye which still gives a 3D effect but it is all screwed up. Perhaps change which eye is "left" on either the glasses or the projector? Most movies add depth (behind the screen) and not pop-put (out of the screen in your face) so maybe you are expecting pop-out and not getting it?

Also there is probably a 3D depth setting on your blu-ray player which might help.

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
post #9882 of 9885 Old Today, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm3 View Post
If the red is there it IS in 3D, if the red goes away then the glasses ARE on and working. Only think I can think is they are blocking the wrong eye which still gives a 3D effect but it is all screwed up. Perhaps change which eye is "left" on either the glasses or the projector? Most movies add depth (behind the screen) and not pop-put (out of the screen in your face) so maybe you are expecting pop-out and not getting it?

Also there is probably a 3D depth setting on your blu-ray player which might help.
I mentioned the glasses are working, the redness indeed does go away.

I'm outputting from the PC, using MPC-HC player.

Avatar provided this best "depth" but it was muddy, confused. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
post #9883 of 9885 Old Today, 11:24 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by qal1h View Post
I mentioned the glasses are working, the redness indeed does go away.

I'm outputting from the PC, using MPC-HC player.

Avatar provided this best "depth" but it was muddy, confused. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
A few ideas:

1, I don't think MPC-HC supports 3d. When you hit info on the PJ remote does it say it is in Frame Packing 3d mode? As akm3 said, since you see red (no pun intended), the PJ is most likely in 3d mode.
2, If it does (I am not that familiar with MPC-HC) there can be other problems with 3d if you have multiple displays on a PC. The best thing to do is unplug all other displays from the pc except the PJ, then reboot the computer. Sometimes more than once is required to get 3d to work.
3, If you have an Nvidia video card, you have to run the 3d setup in the control center before any 3d will work.
4, You can download a 30 day trial of Totalmedia Theater or PowerDvd which do support 3d blu-rays.
post #9884 of 9885 Old Today, 01:18 PM

Liked: 10
Torn here. I currently have an optoma ep719 from about 7 years ago. Has suited my needs quite well, but a ps4 and htpc is causing me to really want something better. So I like the specs on the optomas like the hd26 and hd25lv but keep reading about how great the benq 1070 is. What to do? I really want the best color represention and "pop" of the picture possible...which one to choose? Much of a brightness difference between them?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread