BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 334 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #9991 of 10004 Old 09-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 14
fyi- i changed DNR from default 7 to 0 and my lamp brightness went up dramatically!
Never thought of changing that.
The image is noticeably brighter and more enjoyable now.

also, Benq quick shipped my remote to me.. already got it today. outstanding..

You are born with a gift. Life is all about understanding, nurturing and sharing it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9992 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 03:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have just completed the setup of my new projector BenQ W1070. But i m having issue with the 3d thing. When i go into setup of the projector, i cant select Auto for the 3d. It is always grey. I tried some movies but i cant select Auto and i cant get the 3d view. I also tried it without the AVR. Directly connected the 3D Player to the Projector but still no 3D. Does anybody have an idea about my issue?

My configuration is ;

Projector - BenQ W1070
AVR - Yamaha RXV 775
3D Bluray Player - Pioneer BDP 140
Cable - Mediabridge Ultra 3D
Glasses - Sainsonic 144 Hz 3D
post #9993 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilancho View Post
Hi,

I have just completed the setup of my new projector BenQ W1070. But i m having issue with the 3d thing. When i go into setup of the projector, i cant select Auto for the 3d. It is always grey. I tried some movies but i cant select Auto and i cant get the 3d view. I also tried it without the AVR. Directly connected the 3D Player to the Projector but still no 3D. Does anybody have an idea about my issue?

My configuration is ;

Projector - BenQ W1070
AVR - Yamaha RXV 775
3D Bluray Player - Pioneer BDP 140
Cable - Mediabridge Ultra 3D
Glasses - Sainsonic 144 Hz 3D
For troubleshooting, eliminate the AVR as you have done. Running straight from BluRay to projector, make SURE You are a using a 3D bluray (duh, right?), go into your bluray settings and make sure that 3D is enabled. Try different HDMI cables. Try turning the bluray off and back on to resolve potential handshaking issues. You shouldn't have to change any settings on the w1070.

Some 3D blurays don't switch to 3D until the movie starts or the main menu starts. Try a different 3D bluray.

Those are my suggestions.

It's hard to love Martin Logans and 2.35:1 CIH at the same time...
post #9994 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quick question. I'm trying to use the throw calculators from projectorcentral and from BenQ. BenQ sets the default zoom at 1.0, while you can't get lower than 1.15 zoom on projector central.

So what do people have their zooms on, and does zooming affect PQ? My couch is 13' away, so looks like 120" screen what I'll be looking at. Thanks!
post #9995 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have a question the left top corner is crooked as you can see in the attached pics is there something wrong with my projector or is this normal just got it tonight and it my first projector the wierd thing is if I move it closer to the screen to make the test pattern alot smaller it does seem to go away. Right now I have it sitting on a table will be mounting it to the ceiling this weekend unless I need to return because of this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00050.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	268786   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00051.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	225.5 KB
ID:	268794  
post #9996 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM

Heres a couple pics of me holding the projector closer to make the test pattern smaller it seems to be pretty straight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00052.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	268802   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00053.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	268810  
post #9997 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 153
BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorturEd View Post
I have a question the left top corner is crooked as you can see in the attached pics is there something wrong with my projector or is this normal just got it tonight and it my first projector the wierd thing is if I move it closer to the screen to make the test pattern alot smaller it does seem to go away. Right now I have it sitting on a table will be mounting it to the ceiling this weekend unless I need to return because of this.

Your projector is at a slight angle.

Any projector needs to be angled with its lens perfectly, perfectly perpendicular to the screen - at a dead-on right-angle - otherwise you get the geometry you're seeing. And of course it also needs to be perfectly level (parallel) with the screen as well (probably not a problem in your case).

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!

Last edited by kreeturez; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.
post #9998 of 10004 Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Same as Kreeturez said.
In your case it looks like your projector needs to be moved a few inches to the right (that's if you're standing behind it, facing the screen) and turned to still face dead-center on the screen of course, and the left leg might need to be raised just a hair.

Simple
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
post #9999 of 10004 Old Today, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
110" elite screen. Photo was taken during the day with the shades open on the walkout door and 1 window letting in a lot of light. I love this projector
post #10000 of 10004 Old Today, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgp32 View Post
110" elite screen. Photo was taken during the day with the shades open on the walkout door and 1 window letting in a lot of light. I love this projector
Looks good. What's the model of the screen?

post #10001 of 10004 Old Today, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Looks good. What's the model of the screen?
I also forgot to mention the lights are on @ full power.

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-...te+screens+110
post #10002 of 10004 Old Today, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I m using a glass powdered white curtain. Not happy with thwe black scenes. I think i will go with the grey fixed frame next time
post #10003 of 10004 Old Today, 04:17 PM

kreeturez
Quote:
Your projector is at a slight angle.

Any projector needs to be angled with its lens perfectly, perfectly perpendicular to the screen - at a dead-on right-angle - otherwise you get the geometry you're seeing. And of course it also needs to be perfectly level (parallel) with the screen as well (probably not a problem in your case).
Ftoast
Quote:
Same as Kreeturez said.
In your case it looks like your projector needs to be moved a few inches to the right (that's if you're standing behind it, facing the screen) and turned to still face dead-center on the screen of course, and the left leg might need to be raised just a hair.

Thanks guys I fixed it today using you advice much appreciated.

Last edited by TorturEd; Today at 04:20 PM.
post #10004 of 10004 Old Today, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
kreeturez

Ftoast

Thanks guys I fixed it today using you advice much appreciated.
This is why when you ceiling mount it is very important to measure plenty of times before you mount your projector. Because right now you with it on a table you can move all over the place.

I spent many nights measuring and marking with tape where my pj would go.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page