BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 342 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10231 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by goffja2000 View Post
Hello, Here are some pictures of my screen with the test pattern on. Thanks for taking a look.
Per my post earlier on this.

Your projector needs to be tilted down a bit (you can use lens shift to bring it back up).

Your projector needs to be turned a tiny bit to the left - you will need to physically move the projector to the right to get the image back on screen properly.

The issue with needing to twist the projector to the left is one in which I would recommend you overshoot the screen by a half inch or so and use those black borders to suck up a bit of overshoot. You will still have the image very close to square, but if the screen is square (good recommendation above), then it's the position of the projector. And if you have the projector mounted, it will be a pain to move it an inch or two to the right.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10232 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to have some time to work on it once the kids are done using it.
post #10233 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Projector is installed and working wonderfully! Only question I have is the top of the image is ever so slightly bowed inward, maybe a quarter of an inch vs the bottom of the image which is perfect to the screen, do I need to lower the pj a bit and the adjust my mount up? I have a peerless mount
post #10234 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by goffja2000 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm hoping to have some time to work on it once the kids are done using it.
AV is right on with his suggestions.

I would also overscan by at least a 1/4 of an inch, that's what I have. Depending on source it will fill the screen.
post #10235 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
Projector is installed and working wonderfully! Only question I have is the top of the image is ever so slightly bowed inward, maybe a quarter of an inch vs the bottom of the image which is perfect to the screen, do I need to lower the pj a bit and the adjust my mount up? I have a peerless mount
Your just the opposite of the other guy. You need to tilt the PJ up some then either lower the pj by the mount or if you have done lens shift left with the screw.

I have the peerless and it's very good at adjusting. Every now and then I throw in my Disney WOW to focus and align, I'm very picky.
post #10236 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Is anyone using this W1070 with a CIH projector screen and are NOT using any add-on helper lens/glass?
How's it working out for you? Could you explain how you're making it work?

On the old projector I currently have, I just stand up and adjust the zoom dial to size the picture to my CIH screen. It works perfectly without needing to adjust the physical angle or position of the projector. I need a bit more zoom, but it's close enough.

Same deal on the W1070?

EDIT: I thought AVS didn't handle three letter search words (they didn't used to) but it looks like they do now. So I can just search the thread for "CIH". Lots of results to read over!!

"The boom is dead, long live the bass"

Last edited by CZ Eddie; Yesterday at 08:56 PM.
post #10237 of 10240 Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
Your just the opposite of the other guy. You need to tilt the PJ up some then either lower the pj by the mount or if you have done lens shift left with the screw.

I have the peerless and it's very good at adjusting. Every now and then I throw in my Disney WOW to focus and align, I'm very picky.
I have not used any lens shift, I will drop the PJ a little bit tomorrow and see if I need to use the shift to line it back up, elecrican is coming in the morning anyway to install an outlet in the ceiling so I will prob have to adjust the image anyway
post #10238 of 10240 Old Today, 05:46 AM

For anyone looking to buy the W1070 and wondering if your getting the newest hardware revision and firmware, I purchased from amazon on 10/27, received it 10/29. PJ is an August 2014 build date with 1.08 firmware.
kreeturez likes this.
post #10239 of 10240 Old Today, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
For anyone looking to buy the W1070 and wondering if your getting the newest hardware revision and firmware, I purchased from amazon on 10/27, received it 10/29. PJ is an August 2014 build date with 1.08 firmware.

Thanks! What's the Hardware Revision (HW REV) listed on the box? (It differs to software firmware version). Is it still 01-107?

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #10240 of 10240 Old Today, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
Thanks! What's the Hardware Revision (HW REV) listed on the box? (It differs to software firmware version). Is it still 01-107?
Give me a bit, still a bit early in the morning for me! Ill post it up when the electrician gets here to throw the outlet up for me.
kreeturez likes this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page