BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 343 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10261 of 11232 Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly660 View Post
I am considering purchasing this for my projector. I would like to watch football as well as movies. Do you guys zoom back and forth or just setup on 16x9 screen and deal with horizontal bars for movies in ultra wide? I am a newbie but my room is almost done.....putting the carpet down in a week or so.
The vast majority setup on a 16:9 screen. 2.35 movies fill the width of a 16:9 screen, so you would need to plan and purchase a 2.35 screen instead of a 16:9 screen... Which introduces huge issues, because the W1070 can't properly zoom in/out enough to switch between 2.35 and 16:9 screens. So, get a 16:9 screen unless you want to rig things up to be switched around all the time, or unless you plan to buy a good anamorphic lens ($$$$$!). I'm a big fan of 2.35 done right, but a lot of people think of 2.35 due to marketing, not because they need it.

Your flat panel televisions show black bars, the projector will act the same way. On a budget, it's tough to avoid, and not worth the headache for most in dealing with it.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10262 of 11232 Old 10-31-2014, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
In the manual for PC on page 56 and 57 show the type of 3d and resolution using vga.
That table does not even mention 1920x1080 60Hz (the projector's optical resolution) which works flawlessly through VGA, even though 3D is disabled.

But at 1280x720 60Hz I can enable 3D! I should have tried that before.

So it probably can't process 3D from a 1080p 60Hz input signal, only from a 24Hz one (as others are doing with HDMI) or a 720p one. Not a big deal, but it's worth a mention.

I wonder if I may be able to make my VGA output a 24Hz signal, by specifying sync, polarity, and clock parameters manually. Technically a chip capable of 60Hz should be able to output the same resolution at a lower frequency. I'll give it a try.
post #10263 of 11232 Old 10-31-2014, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I have a 110 inch elite screens Sable series fixed screen in 16:9, my theater is completely light controlled and I really don't mind the black bars in a 2.35 movie, the black levels with a good calibration to your room are not that bad. But when you go to something like The Art Of Flight that fills the full 16:9 screen it looks incredible, I wouldn't give that up just to get rid of the black lines.
Speaking of 3d I had never seen a movie in 3d at theaters, for my setup at home I got a few sets of the estar 144hz glasses and am using my ps4 as a player, got avatar 3d as my first test, it was amazing, I'm glad instead of pop out gimmicks you get so much depth to the image, it was very enjoyable!
post #10264 of 11232 Old 10-31-2014, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by etatoby View Post
That table does not even mention 1920x1080 60Hz (the projector's optical resolution) which works flawlessly through VGA, even though 3D is disabled.

But at 1280x720 60Hz I can enable 3D! I should have tried that before.

So it probably can't process 3D from a 1080p 60Hz input signal, only from a 24Hz one (as others are doing with HDMI) or a 720p one. Not a big deal, but it's worth a mention.

I wonder if I may be able to make my VGA output a 24Hz signal, by specifying sync, polarity, and clock parameters manually. Technically a chip capable of 60Hz should be able to output the same resolution at a lower frequency. I'll give it a try.
I think it all has to do with hdcp control over hdmi vs no control over vga.
post #10265 of 11232 Old 11-01-2014, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Okay the Benq w1070+ is going to be my first ever projector but i was wanting to know a few things

1) What screen best for this projector i want a happy medium when it comes to blacks & whites but care more about colors. Sitting distance 13ft(120-135). I was looking at the black diamond but the cost is insane.Also wanting it pull down or motorized.

2) Going to be used for gaming(PS4) & Blu-Ray movies & very little TV(my Vizio for that) viewing.

3)Where the best place to purchase the Benq & are there and B&M where i can view it before i buy it.

Thanks
post #10266 of 11232 Old 11-01-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexgen76 View Post
Okay the Benq w1070+ is going to be my first ever projector but i was wanting to know a few things

1) What screen best for this projector i want a happy medium when it comes to blacks & whites but care more about colors. Sitting distance 13ft(120-135). I was looking at the black diamond but the cost is insane.Also wanting it pull down or motorized.

2) Going to be used for gaming(PS4) & Blu-Ray movies & very little TV(my Vizio for that) viewing.

3)Where the best place to purchase the Benq & are there and B&M where i can view it before i buy it.

Thanks
Is the room light controlled? You should really avoid a projector unless your room is either completely void of exterior light, or if you can block out all exterior light. Yes it us viewable with ambient light but the picture is so much better in a dark room.
Screen wise I went with 110" elite screens fixed frame Sable series, awesome price, easy to assemble and fantastic picture. I ordered everything from Amazon.
post #10267 of 11232 Old 11-01-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Digital Image Shift

When projecting a scope 2.35 or 2.40 movie, there are black bars top and bottom.

Some projectors like the HD141X have a control that allows the 810 pixel tall active image portion to be shifted up or down. This can be useful to shift the entire image to the top of the 16:9 panel so that when combined with the zoom lens, a 2.35 screen can be used for CIH setups without using an anamorphic lens. Th W1070 doesn't have quite enough zoom range, but being able to keep the active image area at the top of the screen when going from 16:9 to 2.35 content would be essential.

Does the W1070 have an "Image Shift" function ? Not physical lens shift, but digitally moving a 2.40 aspect image around within the 16:9 projected area ?

Kirk Ellis
JVC DLA-RS1 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
post #10268 of 11232 Old 11-01-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You don't buy a screen for a projector. The screen is for the room first, projector second. So you have to describe your room.

FYI: The Black Diamond looks terrible and should not be purchased. If your room is so bad you need a BD screen, then you should just buy a LCD TV.

Quote:
It will do well with that.

Quote:
I haven't seen a store with a W1070 demo up. It costs to much retail floor space, with not enough profit to demo that projector. It's a perfectly good looking projector, and there are tons of photos online of it. Not sure what else you can do there. For purchase, Amazon, Visual Apex, or a long line of additional etailers can provide it for you.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
post #10269 of 11232 Old 11-01-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV_Integrated View Post
I haven't seen a store with a W1070 demo up. It costs to much retail floor space, with not enough profit to demo that projector. It's a perfectly good looking projector, and there are tons of photos online of it. Not sure what else you can do there. For purchase, Amazon, Visual Apex, or a long line of additional etailers can provide it for you.
I find this very frustrating. The Fry's Electronics closest to me has indeed set aside a 20'x20' area with theater seating and everything. They sell the W1070 as well as many Epsons. Can you get a demo ? No. What projector(s) are set up to demo ? A 720P LCD at least 10 years old. That's IT ! There are TEN GUYS that will pester you if you come within 50 feet of the TV display area, but nobody around the HT room.

I sent an e-mail to Benq (whose Costa Mesa office is less than 30 minutes from me) asking where I could see a demo of the W1070 or 1070HT. No reply.

I don't doubt the quality of the image, or the opinions of reviewers or AVS owners. But I need to see one in person to know if RBE affects me or not.

Kirk Ellis
post #10270 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 05:51 AM

Quote:
You don't buy a screen for a projector. The screen is for the room first, projector second. So you have to describe your room.

FYI: The Black Diamond looks terrible and should not be purchased. If your room is so bad you need a BD screen, then you should just buy a LCD TV.

It will do well with that.

Well it's for my front room but the light is under control because i have black out curtains over my front & side window any way. Plus majority or if not all my viewing going to be at night...Only issue i could see is my ceiling is painted white.....?
post #10271 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Doesn't bother me

Quote:
Well it's for my front room but the light is under control because i have black out curtains over my front & side window any way. Plus majority or if not all my viewing going to be at night...Only issue i could see is my ceiling is painted white.....?
I have had mine for about 6 months and put about 1500 hours on it, and that was 100% in our living room with blackout curtains over the windows projecting onto a light yellow wall with white ceilings and it still looks fantastic. We still kept a TV in our living room but hardly ever used it so when we move in the next week or two we aren't even going to put a TV in our living room. We figure how much we like it makes it well worth the cost of a new bulb every 3-6k hours.
post #10272 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to offer some advice.

I currently have an optoma gt3000 (hd65?). It's 720p, but I want to upgrade to 1080p. From my reading on here the best budget one worth getting would be the Benq w1070.

Current setup is:
92inch screen
Projector on back wall 3.5m away
Projector sits on pedestal, about 1m high
Projector lens height is probably just below the bottom of the screen
Top of screen is not very far from the ceiling, perhaps 30/40cm?

My problem is, that looking at the w1070, I'm gathering:
To fill my 92 inch screen, the furthest away it could be is just 3m?
This would make it a bit of an ugly placement for me.
If I consider ceiling mounting,

Questions would be:
Have I got my throw calcs right here?
If I wanted to ceiling mount, would I run into trouble because the top of my screen is too close to the ceiling?
What would be a recommended ceiling mount to get?
What would be the closest to the ceiling I could put the top of my visible screen?
Any recommendations for alternate projectors given my setup?
Any know of any new projectors being released in this category anytime soon?

Would appreciate any informed advice! Can provide more info if needed.

Many thanks!
post #10273 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCisco View Post
Hi,

Hoping someone might be able to offer some advice.

I currently have an optoma gt3000 (hd65?). It's 720p, but I want to upgrade to 1080p. From my reading on here the best budget one worth getting would be the Benq w1070.

Current setup is:
92inch screen
Projector on back wall 3.5m away
Projector sits on pedestal, about 1m high
Projector lens height is probably just below the bottom of the screen
Top of screen is not very far from the ceiling, perhaps 30/40cm?

My problem is, that looking at the w1070, I'm gathering:
To fill my 92 inch screen, the furthest away it could be is just 3m?
This would make it a bit of an ugly placement for me.
If I consider ceiling mounting,

Questions would be:
Have I got my throw calcs right here?
If I wanted to ceiling mount, would I run into trouble because the top of my screen is too close to the ceiling?
What would be a recommended ceiling mount to get?
What would be the closest to the ceiling I could put the top of my visible screen?
Any recommendations for alternate projectors given my setup?
Any know of any new projectors being released in this category anytime soon?

Would appreciate any informed advice! Can provide more info if needed.

Many thanks!
You don't say what you use it for -- movies, TV, gaming -- but assuming your 92" screen is 16:9 format, then the lens of the W1070 cannot be further than 3m from the screen. Is there room on the wall for larger than 92" screen ?

You could go as large as 116" from that distance.

If you mean that the rear WALL is 3.5m, then the lens of the Benq would be 3.2m even if shoved all the way back to the wall, so having it at 3m doesn't seem ugly. If the lens itself needs to be 3.5m, then the W1070 cannot have an image smaller than 136". The W1070 only needs 3" from center of lens to image height difference, so a ceiling mount would hang 30cm from the ceiling to hit a screen 40cm down from ceiling.

The Optoma HD141x could go 3.5m from your 92" screen. It would need 7" above the screen ceiling mounted or 7" below the screen pedestal mounted. From 3.5m you would could fill up to a 100" screen.
MrCisco likes this.

Kirk Ellis
post #10274 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
You don't say what you use it for -- movies, TV, gaming -- but assuming your 92" screen is 16:9 format, then the lens of the W1070 cannot be further than 3m from the screen. Is there room on the wall for larger than 92" screen ?

You could go as large as 116" from that distance.

If you mean that the rear WALL is 3.5m, then the lens of the Benq would be 3.2m even if shoved all the way back to the wall, so having it at 3m doesn't seem ugly. If the lens itself needs to be 3.5m, then the W1070 cannot have an image smaller than 136". The W1070 only needs 3" from center of lens to image height difference, so a ceiling mount would hang 30cm from the ceiling to hit a screen 40cm down from ceiling.

The Optoma HD141x could go 3.5m from your 92" screen. It would need 7" above the screen ceiling mounted or 7" below the screen pedestal mounted. From 3.5m you would could fill up to a 100" screen.
Many thanks for the reply.. Just what I was after.

I use it for pretty much everything - movies, tv, sport, Xbox one etc..

My back wall is roughly 3.85m from the screen, so current projector lens is about 3.5m away.

Just checked the distance between the top of the viewable screen to ceiling and it's 26cm. Would I be able to squeeze a ceiling mount and w1070 in that space and it be workable? (Not sure how much room you normally need for the mount?

I hadn't actually considered a larger screen, but although probably could fit a bigger screen, not sure if it would be too big? Room is 3.85m x 3.85m x2.85m.

Thanks
post #10275 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
I have had mine for about 6 months and put about 1500 hours on it, and that was 100% in our living room with blackout curtains over the windows projecting onto a light yellow wall with white ceilings and it still looks fantastic. We still kept a TV in our living room but hardly ever used it so when we move in the next week or two we aren't even going to put a TV in our living room. We figure how much we like it makes it well worth the cost of a new bulb every 3-6k hours.

Okay thanks that's the comment i was really looking to hear.....I'm going to have a motorized screen over my Vizio TV just in case....Also do you have any of the rainbow issues like i seeing some people having ? That's the only issue scaring me right now. I see the Epson 2030(Just comparing both) doesn't have that issue.
post #10276 of 11232 Old 11-02-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCisco View Post
Many thanks for the reply.. Just what I was after.

I use it for pretty much everything - movies, tv, sport, Xbox one etc..

My back wall is roughly 3.85m from the screen, so current projector lens is about 3.5m away.

Just checked the distance between the top of the viewable screen to ceiling and it's 26cm. Would I be able to squeeze a ceiling mount and w1070 in that space and it be workable? (Not sure how much room you normally need for the mount?

I hadn't actually considered a larger screen, but although probably could fit a bigger screen, not sure if it would be too big? Room is 3.85m x 3.85m x2.85m.

Thanks
I use my 120" screen in that same size room.

There are mounts that are only about 10cm tall. Check Amazon for projector mounts and you'll see some that short. The Chief APU I think is that short.

There is no need if you go with a 120" screen, since the W1070 can be pedestal mounted right where the old projector was at 3.5m.
MrCisco likes this.

Kirk Ellis
post #10277 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
Correct, video doesn't necessarily have to go through the receiver.
A bluray player - with, say, an Optical out for audio to your receiver (assuming the receiver has an input for it - most do) - and a pair of 3D glasses (see this thread) is all you need. Estar 144Hz DLP-Link glasses seem the best value at present.

Then the simplest cabling solution would be to wire HDMI straight from the player to HDMI-2 on the projector (for video); and optical from the player to the receiver (for audio). Done.

You also get BR players with analog outs for the surround (which is a less-preferable option, sound-quality wise); as well as those with two HDMI outputs (one usable for video, one for audio).

Be warned: it might also signal the last time you ever visit an actual cinema.
ok, so i have a 3D blu ray player and 3D glasses on the way . so as this will be my first attempt at 3D in the home, i just wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing to watch a 3D movie. i'm assuming i have to push the 3D button on the Benq remote? what is the "invert" button for? are there any special settings i need to know about?
post #10278 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Depends on how much quality you are asking for. In a room with light walls/ceiling/carpet, you may find some benefit when viewing with a .8 gain grey screen. It will help to drop the black levels a bit, and the extra brightness the projector puts out can be utilized to retain a sharp image with a lot of pop to it.

Typically a minimal (1.1 to 1.5) gain screen of decent quality makes the most sense, but if your room is not properly light controlled (shades aren't light control) then a grey screen may help with the light reflections a bit.

It remains the case that the single biggest improvement anyone can make to their front projection setup comes in the form of $50 in darker paint.

post #10279 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 244
BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubadub View Post
ok, so i have a 3D blu ray player and 3D glasses on the way . so as this will be my first attempt at 3D in the home, i just wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing to watch a 3D movie. i'm assuming i have to push the 3D button on the Benq remote? what is the "invert" button for? are there any special settings i need to know about?

You don't even need to use those buttons for 3D blurays: just plug in, put in a 3D disc, and play. The only button you'll need to press is the 'on' button on the glasses themselves

Those two buttons are for watching non-bluray content.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!

Last edited by kreeturez; 11-03-2014 at 08:15 AM.
post #10280 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeturez View Post
You don't even need to use those buttons for 3D blurays: just plug in, put in a 3D disc, and play. The only button you'll need to press is the 'on' button on the glasses themselves
that's too easy! thanks
post #10281 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Depends on how much quality you are asking for. In a room with light walls/ceiling/carpet, you may find some benefit when viewing with a .8 gain grey screen. It will help to drop the black levels a bit, and the extra brightness the projector puts out can be utilized to retain a sharp image with a lot of pop to it.

Typically a minimal (1.1 to 1.5) gain screen of decent quality makes the most sense, but if your room is not properly light controlled (shades aren't light control) then a grey screen may help with the light reflections a bit.

It remains the case that the single biggest improvement anyone can make to their front projection setup comes in the form of $50 in darker paint.
I want to add in what I did with one of the walls in my room that I liked and it was about the same budget as painting, without the mess.

I went to K-Mart and they had a sale on their curtains, so I bought a 103" extendable curtain rod (approx $5) and 4 curtain panels at about $10 per 2 (I went with slightly more expensive ones for better quality). I got black curtains, but obviously you could get any color you wanted. At any rate, covering the wall with curtains almost gives it a more "cinema" feel and costs about the same as painting, but, like I said, without the mess and a little bit less labor (as long as you're okay with screwing in curtain rods).

Just putting in another option for changing your room without messing with the paint and giving it a nice atmosphere (IMO).
dreamer likes this.

Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Currently watching on: BenQ W1070, 82" 1.0 Gain Screen, Darbee Darblet HD 43%, PS3, with Yamaha Aventage RX-A1030, SVS PB-2000, a Def Tech CS-8040HD, 2 SM65 for L/R, and 2 SM55 for surrounds.
post #10282 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredxr2d2 View Post
I want to add in what I did with one of the walls in my room that I liked and it was about the same budget as painting, without the mess.

I went to K-Mart and they had a sale on their curtains, so I bought a 103" extendable curtain rod (approx $5) and 4 curtain panels at about $10 per 2 (I went with slightly more expensive ones for better quality). I got black curtains, but obviously you could get any color you wanted. At any rate, covering the wall with curtains almost gives it a more "cinema" feel and costs about the same as painting, but, like I said, without the mess and a little bit less labor (as long as you're okay with screwing in curtain rods).

Just putting in another option for changing your room without messing with the paint and giving it a nice atmosphere (IMO).

That sounds interesting. Can you post a photo?

I was thinking of hanging some black sheets on either side for movie nights.
post #10283 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 AM

Well 5 days into W1070 ownership and about 32 hours on the lamp and im LOVING it so far, what an upgrade over my 50" Samsung Plasma. The plasma has it beat in black levels obviously, but the lack of silky blacks is (in my mind) easily made up for with sheer size and picture quality. Just watched The Art Of Flight on blu ray and my god is that a damn fine demo disk!
post #10284 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

I went with the silverscreen on the walls look... Much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	W1070_08.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	347482  

post #10285 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 244
BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$

Quote:

Keeping screen reflections to a bare minimum!

Or alternatively, you could have a usable make-shift screen on any of those walls! Practical!

In seriousness, I really do like your screen. Nice height and rather smart. And huge!
AV_Integrated likes this.

BenQ W1070 Projector; Xtreamer Ultra 2 (running XBMC on OpenELEC) via Sony STR-DH540 AVR with Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS SE 5.1 Audio. MediaBrowser3 for Mobile Streaming.

Helpful post? Click the 'Like' button!
post #10286 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 10:39 AM

Pic as requested. (From my phone, so sorry about quality)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20141026_221811066_1415039936806.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	347506  
post #10287 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredxr2d2 View Post
Pic as requested. (From my phone, so sorry about quality)
That pic is about 2 weeks or more old at this point and I've moved the SM65s since then.

Also, the top is a tablecloth that is held up to the drop ceiling by magnets. I'm thinking about curtains on the side walls, but I'm waiting to do much more work because I'm also currently looking at buying a house, so I don't want to put too much into the wrong priority.

Tim S.
Former 35mm and Digital Projectionist @ Regal Cinemas

Currently watching on: BenQ W1070, 82" 1.0 Gain Screen, Darbee Darblet HD 43%, PS3, with Yamaha Aventage RX-A1030, SVS PB-2000, a Def Tech CS-8040HD, 2 SM65 for L/R, and 2 SM55 for surrounds.
post #10288 of 11232 Old 11-03-2014, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Some black curtains down the right side and behind would really look great.
post #10289 of 11232 Old 11-04-2014, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
I would throw something black up there simply to control the reflections.

AVR: Denon 2112
Speakers: EMP Tek e55ti, Center- EMP Tek e56ci, Side Surrounds- EMP Tek e55wi, Rear Surrounds- SVS Prime Satellites, Sub- SVS PC12 Plus
Display: BenQ w1070 on a 92in fixed screen
Blu-Ray Player: Sony BDP S6200;
Playstation 4
post #10290 of 11232 Old 11-04-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post
Some black curtains down the right side and behind would really look great.
Yeah, I may swing by K-Mart today to take a look.

I'm not spending diddly really on things as my kids play with their bow and arrows down there and I have plans to finish the basement which will completely move things around, including a rec-room space which will have a very dark finish to it (carpet/walls/ceiling). So, it's just temporary and 'fun' right now.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com