BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 349 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #10441 of 10443 Old Yesterday, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Can't get 3D picture

Hello AVE'ers! I received my 1070 earlier this week, got it set up and am pleased with its picture. I bought it expressly for viewing 3D on a big screen affordably. My problem is, I can't seem to get the 3D picture to "sync". 2D works flawlessly. 3D looks "out of phase" so to speak. I am using an Oppo 105 for my 3D bluray player and it is set to play bluray 3D. My 1070 won't let me set it to "auto" but I am able to pick any of the 3 choices (frame packing, side to side or top to bottom. I tried all and tried inverting them all, no luck. I am running the 1070 directly into HDMI 1 on the Oppo. For glasses, I initially tried ones that came with my Panasonic VT50 plasma, no go. I researched this thread and ended up ordering a set of the EStar DLP Links. They are 144 Hz triple flash support (ESG601). Can any of you knowledgable members suggest any tips? Thank you in advance, I have learned a ton my coming here!

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10443 Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookedup View Post
Hello AVE'ers! I received my 1070 earlier this week, got it set up and am pleased with its picture. I bought it expressly for viewing 3D on a big screen affordably. My problem is, I can't seem to get the 3D picture to "sync". 2D works flawlessly. 3D looks "out of phase" so to speak. I am using an Oppo 105 for my 3D bluray player and it is set to play bluray 3D. My 1070 won't let me set it to "auto" but I am able to pick any of the 3 choices (frame packing, side to side or top to bottom. I tried all and tried inverting them all, no luck. I am running the 1070 directly into HDMI 1 on the Oppo. For glasses, I initially tried ones that came with my Panasonic VT50 plasma, no go. I researched this thread and ended up ordering a set of the EStar DLP Links. They are 144 Hz triple flash support (ESG601). Can any of you knowledgable members suggest any tips? Thank you in advance, I have learned a ton my coming here!

Rob
I have my oppo 103d hooked to my w1070 and it automatically switches to 3d frame packing when a 3d bluray is played.
post #10443 of 10443 Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
All,
Please disregard my last message. I was able to get my 3D picture. After i dowered it down and came back and fired it back up 20 minutes later, all is well. The only think i noticed (and commented upon here often is the black levels. I turned down NR and that helped a smidgen. The othe rthing was while watching Polar Express, the audio cut out about three times for a second or two. I think this has been commented on too. A HDMI hand shake problem. Is there any way of minimizing (or illiminating) these occurances? Thanks again,

Rob
post #10444 of 10443 Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
Cool, I can definitely correct that with my shader code, even for the case where the CA is asymmetric.

Now I just need to find a source for AR coated prisms suitable for this. Surplus Shed is out of stock and most of the other links I've seen on the net are for lasers to make the beams rounder, and they all need to be custom ordered. Do you have the link to the original french prism ordering site?
There was no "site" to order from. Sam Khattane from France joined AVS, organized a group buy from SurplusShed, took people's money, was chastised by AVS for an unauthorized group by, had his account yanked, and that was it. He was a standup guy and everyone got their prisms, but without an AVS account and no way to PM him, we all thought we were screwed until the prisms actually showed up.

SurplusShed popped up for a couple of posts letting people know they could buy them directly, but I think they wanted group buys of 50 sets. Actually, they said they could make whatever size you wanted, but would need an order for 50 sets.

So you would use this with an HTPC to play blu-rays ? I thought with the Cinevia and need to upgrade software all the time to play the latest discs, that HTPC blu-ray was more expensive and more trouble than it was worth ?

Kirk Ellis
JVC DLA-RS1 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread