BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 364 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #10891 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 29
What wall mount do you guys recommend? I have my 1070 on a pedestal and would like to mount it on my ceiling. I have 12' ceiling and my screen is somewhat low (dont remember the height off the top of my head) I was looking at a Peerless PRG Series PRG-EXC-W (adjustable mount) Look like i am able to drop the mount down to 32" for my setup.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10892 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
What wall mount do you guys recommend? I have my 1070 on a pedestal and would like to mount it on my ceiling. I have 12' ceiling and my screen is somewhat low (dont remember the height off the top of my head) I was looking at a Peerless PRG Series PRG-EXC-W (adjustable mount) Look like i am able to drop the mount down to 32" for my setup.

What do you guys think?
The gearing on the Peerless mounts is nice, but they lack a yaw adjustment (rotating the projector around the axis of a pipe on which it might be mounted), other than loosening and retightening the bolts that hold the mount to the ceiling or a pipe. So you'd need to get yaw adjustment from the pipe, and it would be more crude, i.e. no gearing. Some will point out that if you mount it *perfectly* square to the wall, and everything in your setup is perfectly square, this won't be an issue. But I suppose that's true for other dimensions, too, i.e. maybe those people don't feel a need for adjustability in other dimensions, either. Personally, I like to be able to adjust my projector in all three dimensions necessary to get it square.

Chief makes nice mounts with all three axes of adjustment. The RSM, a mini version of their popular RPM, works great with our projector, that's what I have. I had a Peerless before returning it, and aside from their overlooking the fact that we live in a three-dimensional world, thought it was rather well engineered and built.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub

Last edited by niccolo; 01-28-2015 at 12:56 PM.
post #10893 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pre-construction wiring / placement questions for a W1070:

I have my first pre construction meeting for a house we're building tomorrow. I'm having conduit run to a spot on the ceiling along with what they call a "flat panel prep" - basically an outlet and path for the hdmi cable. Is there some blocking between joists that should go along with that? Will probably go with the Peerless mount if that matters.

The main wall in our living room is 16 feet wide with 9 foot ceilings. Seating will be about 12-13' away. I'd like to get the W1070 first and project on the wall to decide between a 120 or 135" screen. The calculator has the throw range for those sizes between 11'4" and 12'9." Do I just have it wired at 12' for versatility or is there a distance that would be better?

Thank you.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/BenQ...ulator-pro.htm
post #10894 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpat View Post

I have my first pre construction meeting for a house we're building tomorrow. I'm having conduit run to a spot on the ceiling along with what they call a "flat panel prep" - basically an outlet and path for the hdmi cable. Is there some blocking between joists that should go along with that? Will probably go with the Peerless mount if that matters.

The main wall in our living room is 16 feet wide with 9 foot ceilings. Seating will be about 12-13' away. I'd like to get the W1070 first and project on the wall to decide between a 120 or 135" screen. The calculator has the throw range for those sizes between 11'4" and 12'9." Do I just have it wired at 12' for versatility or is there a distance that would be better?

Thank you.

Not sure about joint blocking, but I can answer some of this.

My take on Peerless vs. Chief is in the post above.

On closer versus farther, it's tricky. Farther reduces brightness, which improves contrast, but may be less optimal for 3D if you care about that. And the projector seems to focus a little better when it's closer. You definitely don't want to be at the limit where you lack adjustment ability, and since you're not sure of screen size, you'll have to factor that in, too.

I sit at about 12.5 ft and project onto a 119 screen. I really like it, but in the absence of room constraints, I might have gone up a little, say to 125ish. But this is very subjective, I like the immersive feeling of a really big screen. Your preferences may evolve, too--initially my screen seemed very big to me, less so these days.
pitpat likes this.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #10895 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteroMAdMAn View Post
Thanks for the help. Although I was assuming the cable management I would be using would "open" to allow you to slide the cables within and then "close" to keep the wires from showing and coming out.

Similar to this product -

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Legrand-W...2?N=5yc1vZc64e

If you look at all the pictures you can see how it opens to slide the cables in, without having to push them all the way through. Cause that would be one helluva B!tch trying to push 50' of "limp" cable through 40' of rigid tubing. Especially with a couple 90 degree elbows

I just want something thin and pliable so I don't need to use wide tubing and I want it to easily conform in those smaller 90 degree elbows. Standard component cables seem like that would be tough as they don't have much "give".
That channel only has a 3/4" outside diameter. Running 3 cables, even if they were as small as Cat5, through them and making those sharp 90s will be frustrating. Running coax (which is what component is) with its isolating core and braided shield around those sharp bends is not recommended. I would look for a different type of channel. You really want "sweeping" turns for coax.

Or just run CAT5/6 and use a pair of converters like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Com...cat5+converter

Which would be cheaper than all the wire mould and 50' cables you'd need for component.

I can't vouch for that particular model as I don't use component for anything, but somebody else may chime in.
SteroMAdMAn likes this.

Kirk Ellis
JVC DLA-RS1 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
post #10896 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpat View Post

Thank you.

Just FYI, the W1070 has a ZOOM lens, so the figure on the calculator is not a single figure for a given screen size. Look at the top and bottom numbers in the "Zoom: Throw Range" box.

The W1070 can be anywhere between 10' and 13' for a 120" screen, and for a 135" screen between 11'3" and 14'9". That distance is from the lens to the screen, and you don't want to be too close to either extreme or you may lack the fine adjust to exactly fill your screen. A safe place to have power and HDMI outlets would be 13'6" to cover both possible screen sizes. If the ceiling joists run perpendicular to the screen wall, then having a 2x10 installed on the flat between the two in the center of the projection screen width at 12'6" would make a projector mount easiest. If they run parallel to the screen wall, then the 2x10 must be in between the two where the 12'6" mark falls and in the middle of the screen width.
pitpat likes this.

Kirk Ellis
JVC DLA-RS1 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
post #10897 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
That channel only has a 3/4" outside diameter. Running 3 cables, even if they were as small as Cat5, through them and making those sharp 90s will be frustrating. Running coax (which is what component is) with its isolating core and braided shield around those sharp bends is not recommended. I would look for a different type of channel. You really want "sweeping" turns for coax.

Or just run CAT5/6 and use a pair of converters like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Com...cat5+converter

Which would be cheaper than all the wire mould and 50' cables you'd need for component.

I can't vouch for that particular model as I don't use component for anything, but somebody else may chime in.

Thanks, yeah I was only using that product as an example to show that I wasn't planning on pushing 50' of soft cable through 40' of hard tubing.

That is likely not what I will get for my management needs. The only other cable I need to run is HDMI from the BD player. So I was hoping to find something small, to keep the cable management small and not much of an eye sore.

What you linked could be a very good solution though. I still need the mould as my basement is finished and it's simply not worth the money to tear apart a large amount of drywall and ceiling to make the run. Cat5 isn't much thicker than my HDMI cable and would allow me to use a smaller diameter housing to route the wires with. Compared to the standard 3 RCA component cable. Nice recommendation!

It is better to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permissision - the WAF factor
post #10898 of 11398 Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazz87 View Post
What wall mount do you guys recommend? I was looking at a Peerless PRG Series PRG-EXC-W (adjustable mount) Look like i am able to drop the mount down to 32" for my setup.

What do you guys think?
+1 for the peerless,
"Due to its precision gear technology, pin-point image alignment is easily achieved with (2) independent ±10° roll, and ±20° pitch/tilt adjustment knobs, which can either be turned by hand or with a Philips screwdriver. Moreover, 360° rotation is possible when attached to the extension column or ±15° when flush mounted. "
post #10899 of 11398 Old 01-29-2015, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling01 View Post
+1 for the peerless,
"Due to its precision gear technology, pin-point image alignment is easily achieved with (2) independent ±10° roll, and ±20° pitch/tilt adjustment knobs, which can either be turned by hand or with a Philips screwdriver. Moreover, 360° rotation is possible when attached to the extension column or ±15° when flush mounted. "
Yep, I love mine.

As for the other adjustments that they say you can do are easy to still do. The yaw can still be done just not by gear adjustment. But this is not as hard as other adjustments.

If you need back and fourth (left / right) you can make a custom plate to allow it to be adjusted left and right. You can even do a temp mounting board to find the exact spot after a few days of tinkering then mark the spot and remove the mounting board. The only thing after that would be re adjust the pj down more the thickness of the mounting board.

I made mine with left right adjustment to get it perfect, the ocd inside me takes over.
post #10900 of 11398 Old 01-29-2015, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just ordered my W1070 from Visual Apex. Hopefully I'll have it in time for the weekend so I can play with it.

My room is not 100% completed. It's lacking trim and carpet and a little bit of paint, but this'll give me an idea of whether or not I want to go 110" or 120" on the screen size.
I'm planning on going with the Silver Ticket screen... Since this is my very first projector setup, I'm excited to get going.
post #10901 of 11398 Old 01-29-2015, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I purchased a W1070 about a month ago and have been projecting on to a beige wall in the basement with minimal light up until a few days ago. The picture quality was excellent, but of course I wanted to get more out of my setup if possible. So I decided to pick up a budget friendly Elunevision Elara fixed frame screen (white) for under $400. I have noticed when projecting on to the screen with factory settings (hardware 1.08), the image now looks less vivid (ie: colors seem to be duller). I find this strange since I have read many customer reviews from individuals who purchased this screen indicating that it immediately made their picture better. Also, I have read through this thread and the general suggestion seems to be to leave the factory calibration in tact for hardware version 1.08. I wonder if there are some calibration tweaks which generally make sense when shifting to a white projection screen? Does anyone have any feedback?

Many thanks.
Brad
post #10902 of 11398 Old 01-29-2015, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by garciab View Post
The question is what is the acceptable distance(s) required for the pj to the screen for the screen size you want?
I'm considering the W1070. It would be 11.5' from the screen. Ceiling is 8' and projector is ceiling mounted immediately below (so lens centre is about 8" below ceiling). I'd like a 100 - 110" screen. W1070 is short throw. Would it be able to accommodate?
post #10903 of 11398 Old 01-29-2015, 07:38 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
I'm considering the W1070. It would be 11.5' from the screen. Ceiling is 8' and projector is ceiling mounted immediately below (so lens centre is about 8" below ceiling). I'd like a 100 - 110" screen. W1070 is short throw. Would it be able to accommodate?
http://www.benq.com/microsite/projec...tiocalculator/ shows that you'll need to use the zoom for 110", it's too far away for a 100" screen.
post #10904 of 11398 Old 01-29-2015, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradasp View Post
Hi All,

I purchased a W1070 about a month ago and have been projecting on to a beige wall in the basement with minimal light up until a few days ago. The picture quality was excellent, but of course I wanted to get more out of my setup if possible. So I decided to pick up a budget friendly Elunevision Elara fixed frame screen (white) for under $400. I have noticed when projecting on to the screen with factory settings (hardware 1.08), the image now looks less vivid (ie: colors seem to be duller). I find this strange since I have read many customer reviews from individuals who purchased this screen indicating that it immediately made their picture better. Also, I have read through this thread and the general suggestion seems to be to leave the factory calibration in tact for hardware version 1.08. I wonder if there are some calibration tweaks which generally make sense when shifting to a white projection screen? Does anyone have any feedback?

Many thanks.
Brad
It sounds like you might've gotten used to the slightly darker and warmer image the beige was giving. If it isn't already, try making sure the projector is set for either cinema/film or user mode and then make sure the white-balance is set to "warm". You'll also probably prefer to set the lamp to eco instead of smart-eco or full. From there, try turning brilliantcolor on and off to see which you prefer; its difference is more subtle with the w1070 than many others, but there is still a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexx View Post
At 11.5ft I believe the smallest screen you'll be able to fit is 105".
The screen's/image's top will need to be about 11"-15" from the ceiling which will have your screen's bottom about 28"-30" off the floor..that seems a little on the high side, but many folks tend to recline in their seats a small bit anyway and it'll give you space to put your feet up without blocking the screen's bottom from view.
RLBURNSIDE likes this.

Simple <$250 dedicated black-fabric theater room, build in a day, takedown in an hour.
Easy $25-40 DIY black/dark-grey ambient-light rejecting screen, grab two things from a local store..mix..roll..done.

Last edited by Ftoast; 01-29-2015 at 09:01 PM.
post #10905 of 11398 Old 01-30-2015, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Does anyone have any tips for setting this projector up for playing Blu rays and games on PS4 and Xbox One?

It seems like no matter what I do, the projector just crushes the hell out of blacks in dark scenes. Shadow detail is just nil. Switching between limited/full RGB on the console itself and matching PC/video HDMI on the projector doesn't do much. Blu rays in any setting are just not enjoyable to watch when they have lots of dark scenes. We just got done watching Fury and it was difficult to tell what was going on at times with scenes inside the tank or at night.

edit: By the way, this is in a basement home theater (fully light controlled) on 150" Jamestown screen.
post #10906 of 11398 Old 01-30-2015, 11:49 PM

Hello, I need an advice,
I'm curently using my 1070+ with pc (amd 7950hd, hdmi out) testing some remuxed 3d videos from internet (sbs, uo), it plays well. When I tried to run full frame packed 3d content from pc, my projector just couldn't detect the 3d signal as FPP. When I use a regular hw bluray player every 3d format plays great. So If I may ask you, is there any solution for pc-->pj. Maybe I need a newer receiver to send pc-hdmi signal into.... I'm lost, and sorry for my english
post #10907 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 12:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
You need to play the content in a player Total Media Theater. You cannot use anything like VLC or MPC to play the digital 3D files.
post #10908 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 12:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by molleh View Post
Does anyone have any tips for setting this projector up for playing Blu rays and games on PS4 and Xbox One?

It seems like no matter what I do, the projector just crushes the hell out of blacks in dark scenes. Shadow detail is just nil. Switching between limited/full RGB on the console itself and matching PC/video HDMI on the projector doesn't do much. Blu rays in any setting are just not enjoyable to watch when they have lots of dark scenes. We just got done watching Fury and it was difficult to tell what was going on at times with scenes inside the tank or at night.

edit: By the way, this is in a basement home theater (fully light controlled) on 150" Jamestown screen.
Using the AVS calibration disc through my xbox one, I found the optimum brightness to be around 50-53. If I tried lowering it to improve the black level, it would just crush. Try that disc - the flashing black bars really help you avoid black crush
post #10909 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
You need to play the content in a player Total Media Theater. You cannot use anything like VLC or MPC to play the digital 3D files.
I'm speaking about full 3d iso downloaded from internet, whitch isn't avaliable in my country. Seems like graphic card isn't sending video hdmi, but pc-hdmi. I've already used pdvd software, with no luck. TMP isn't available no more. I was wondering to connect pc hdmi in the modern 3d capable receiver with 1.4b hdmi connectors, and then send it into the pj. 3D isn't an issue in my case when using desktop br player, I was just wondering using pc or Nas.
post #10910 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard plumb View Post
Using the AVS calibration disc through my xbox one, I found the optimum brightness to be around 50-53. If I tried lowering it to improve the black level, it would just crush. Try that disc - the flashing black bars really help you avoid black crush
Thanks, I'm downloading the AVS disc to give it a try. Any thoughts on using PC mode vs. video mode under HDMI settings and full vs. limited RGB in the console's settings?
post #10911 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
I'm speaking about full 3d iso downloaded from internet, whitch isn't avaliable in my country. Seems like graphic card isn't sending video hdmi, but pc-hdmi. I've already used pdvd software, with no luck. TMP isn't available no more. I was wondering to connect pc hdmi in the modern 3d capable receiver with 1.4b hdmi connectors, and then send it into the pj. 3D isn't an issue in my case when using desktop br player, I was just wondering using pc or Nas.
The BenQ W1070 has an issue with enabling 3D SBS modes or over-under unless in RGB 4:4:4 (Pc full range signal) I believe. Or the other way around, I can't remember. If you're using an NVidia card there is a software tool (google it) to enable full range (0-255) chroma using YCbCr color format. AMD cards don't have this problem, you can select it in the menu, whereas on NVidia it's greyed out. Make sure you have firmware 1.08 though.

Another tip : if you like fast-paced 3D action movies and have a bunch of ISOs in SBS or over under, definitely try running SVP (smooth video project). The 3D immersion and effect is MUCH better at 60hz per eye than 24hz, so much so that I believe 60hz SBS might be a better use of your video bandwidth in terms of clarity during fast-moving scenes than frame packing and being forced to stick with 24hz per eye. They did comparison tests between 1080p /120hz and UHD 60hz and found that in moving scenes, the 1080p / 120 was MUCH clearer than UHD 60. So the same principle must apply to projectors too. If you have an anamorphic lens you can even benefit further by using over-under and reclaiming the 25% wasted vertical height with real resolution, so long as you are coming from a Bluray and not some rip on the internet. If your source material is a scope format movie from a Bluray, in frame packed 3D, you can make an over under rip that uses full 1920x1080 in anamorphic format and then use SVP to get a good compromise between fluid motion and loss of resolution. Instead of losing 50% resolution to be able to use SBS or O/U at 60hz, you are instead losing only 25% resolution from the Bluray.

Last edited by RLBURNSIDE; 01-31-2015 at 09:01 AM.
post #10912 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 10:22 AM

Thank you RLBURNSIDE, i have to give it a shot.. and play with those settings
post #10913 of 11398 Old 01-31-2015, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLBURNSIDE View Post
The BenQ W1070 has an issue with enabling 3D SBS modes or over-under unless in RGB 4:4:4 (Pc full range signal) I believe. Or the other way around, I can't remember. If you're using an NVidia card there is a software tool (google it) to enable full range (0-255) chroma using YCbCr color format. AMD cards don't have this problem, you can select it in the menu, whereas on NVidia it's greyed out. Make sure you have firmware 1.08 though.

Another tip : if you like fast-paced 3D action movies and have a bunch of ISOs in SBS or over under, definitely try running SVP (smooth video project). The 3D immersion and effect is MUCH better at 60hz per eye than 24hz, so much so that I believe 60hz SBS might be a better use of your video bandwidth in terms of clarity during fast-moving scenes than frame packing and being forced to stick with 24hz per eye. They did comparison tests between 1080p /120hz and UHD 60hz and found that in moving scenes, the 1080p / 120 was MUCH clearer than UHD 60. So the same principle must apply to projectors too. If you have an anamorphic lens you can even benefit further by using over-under and reclaiming the 25% wasted vertical height with real resolution, so long as you are coming from a Bluray and not some rip on the internet. If your source material is a scope format movie from a Bluray, in frame packed 3D, you can make an over under rip that uses full 1920x1080 in anamorphic format and then use SVP to get a good compromise between fluid motion and loss of resolution. Instead of losing 50% resolution to be able to use SBS or O/U at 60hz, you are instead losing only 25% resolution from the Bluray.
I've played back 1080p SBS via plex on my xbox one just fine. I'm pretty sure that is limited RGB mode over HDMI.

Quote:
Thanks, I'm downloading the AVS disc to give it a try. Any thoughts on using PC mode vs. video mode under HDMI settings and full vs. limited RGB in the console's settings?
I'm just using video mode and limited RGB on the consoles - clips blacks below 16 but thats ok - as long as you realise 17 upwards should be visible.
post #10914 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Artifacts

Had my 1070 for a month now and am wondering how to minimize a particular artifact that I'm seeing. While watching satellite HD with Shaw (Canada), I find that when there is a change in scene, or a camera changes to another one with motion, pixelation occurs for about a second. The pixels are about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch (120 inch screen). If the changes in scene don't have motion, the pixelation does not seem to occur.

It doesn't happen while playing blueray disks so I have to assume that it's not the projector. Is it the Shaw signal quality? I am using a DSR 605 for my Shaw box and I don't see that pixilation while watching the satellite on my 55 inch tv. What's that artifact called?

thanks
post #10915 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 02:25 PM

Canadian here EH!

Is $799 the lowest that this projector will go? Or should i wait?
post #10916 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Can you point me to where i can download the disc?

TIA
post #10917 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crank73 View Post
Had my 1070 for a month now and am wondering how to minimize a particular artifact that I'm seeing. While watching satellite HD with Shaw (Canada), I find that when there is a change in scene, or a camera changes to another one with motion, pixelation occurs for about a second. The pixels are about 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch (120 inch screen). If the changes in scene don't have motion, the pixelation does not seem to occur.

It doesn't happen while playing blueray disks so I have to assume that it's not the projector. Is it the Shaw signal quality? I am using a DSR 605 for my Shaw box and I don't see that pixilation while watching the satellite on my 55 inch tv. What's that artifact called?

thanks

Try placing the projector bulb brightness in Normal mode rather than SmartEco and see if that improves or fixes the situation.
post #10918 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 02:36 PM

How bad is the RBE? I'm a noobie when it comes to all this... but is the RBE that visible on the 1070? Or am i just being paranoid?
post #10919 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crank73 View Post

thanks
From your description, Shaw isn't using a high enough bit rate to prevent macro-blocking in scenes with a lot of motion or changes.
post #10920 of 11398 Old 02-01-2015, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyhog View Post
Canadian here EH!

Is $799 the lowest that this projector will go? Or should i wait?
It was $779 for boxing week sales, so $799 is still a good price, hasn't been lower than $779.
gamekiller likes this.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page