BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$ - Page 401 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1417Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #12001 of 12009 Old 08-07-2017, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skoolpsyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Came across this video and thought I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQd_Lz_78Q

I had thought about putting a Peltier cooler on the air intake, but not simply a monstrous heatsink on the lamp module.

thanks for sharing; unfortunately I have my short throw on a stand in front of me so it wouldn't work but it's an interesting idea!
skoolpsyk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12002 of 12009 Old 08-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 6
FYI to anyone reading this thread, I was able to fix this by adjusting the brightness and contrast until I hit the right combination and the snow was 99% gone.
tomeklives is offline  
post #12003 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Member
 
wasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I went to start my BenQ w1070 today and every time I turned it on, the power light would blink green twice and then orange once and not power on. I then unplugged the projector and waited a minute. When I plugged it back in the power light is solid red. The Projector won't turn on. I read that it's in "Download Mode" but I wasn't able to get DLP Composer to recognize it connected via USB.

Has anyone else seen this? Unplugging and plugging back in has not fixed it either, as it remains in the same state.
wasntme is offline  
 
post #12004 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Walnut, CA, USA
Posts: 3,286
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasntme View Post
I went to start my BenQ w1070 today and every time I turned it on, the power light would blink green twice and then orange once and not power on. I then unplugged the projector and waited a minute. When I plugged it back in the power light is solid red. The Projector won't turn on. I read that it's in "Download Mode" but I wasn't able to get DLP Composer to recognize it connected via USB.

Has anyone else seen this? Unplugging and plugging back in has not fixed it either, as it remains in the same state.
I have not seen that, but do you still have a previous lamp that worked but you replaced just due to hours or dimness ? I would try swapping lamps. If you don't have a spare, buy a cheap $40 lamp from Amazon just to see if that works and to have as a spare. If a different lamp behaves the same way, then it is likely the power supply board or lamp ballast board and those are both several hundred bucks to repair.

*********************
Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
dreamer is online now  
post #12005 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Member
 
wasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I have not seen that, but do you still have a previous lamp that worked but you replaced just due to hours or dimness ? I would try swapping lamps. If you don't have a spare, buy a cheap $40 lamp from Amazon just to see if that works and to have as a spare. If a different lamp behaves the same way, then it is likely the power supply board or lamp ballast board and those are both several hundred bucks to repair.
Unfortunately I don't have an old lamp. My old one exploded. I think I am going to take it a apart and see if anything is loose. If it all checks out, I might end up having to buy a new one. I got this one over 4 years ago, so it got some good use. This sucks....
wasntme is offline  
post #12006 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Walnut, CA, USA
Posts: 3,286
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasntme View Post
Unfortunately I don't have an old lamp. My old one exploded. I think I am going to take it a apart and see if anything is loose. If it all checks out, I might end up having to buy a new one. I got this one over 4 years ago, so it got some good use. This sucks....
Benq will charge you $65 to check it out. A $40 lamp to test with may be worth a shot. If you take it apart, what will you be looking for ?

*********************
Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
dreamer is online now  
post #12007 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Member
 
wasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Benq will charge you $65 to check it out. A $40 lamp to test with may be worth a shot. If you take it apart, what will you be looking for ?
I looked for loose cables since I took it apart a couple weeks ago to clean it/replace the lamp housing (I saw nothing bad when I took it apart and had the same results when it all came back together). BenQ will charge $65 plus shipping, which kinda stinks. I couldn't expect more than that though. I think I might just bite the bullet on the HT2050.
wasntme is offline  
post #12008 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Walnut, CA, USA
Posts: 3,286
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1065 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasntme View Post
I looked for loose cables since I took it apart a couple weeks ago to clean it/replace the lamp housing (I saw nothing bad when I took it apart and had the same results when it all came back together). BenQ will charge $65 plus shipping, which kinda stinks. I couldn't expect more than that though. I think I might just bite the bullet on the HT2050.
If you do replace it, let me know before you just trashcan the W1070. I have a dead power supply in my W1070 and would be willing to buy it for parts. Where are you located and about how many hours were on the lamp that is in it ? A low hours lamp would be worth something to me, even if I can't find the parts I need to make mine work.

*********************
Kirk Ellis
BenQ W1070 VuTec 122" Screen
Harmon Kardon AVR 247 Parasound L&R Amp
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center
Energy Take 5 Surrounds, HSU Research Sub
dreamer is online now  
post #12009 of 12009 Old 08-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Member
 
wasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
If you do replace it, let me know before you just trashcan the W1070. I have a dead power supply in my W1070 and would be willing to buy it for parts. Where are you located and about how many hours were on the lamp that is in it ? A low hours lamp would be worth something to me, even if I can't find the parts I need to make mine work.
Sent you a PM.
wasntme is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off