Originally Posted by YouFermont
Hi, I have the w1070 for a couple of days now and there is something wrong with my projector and i wonder if I'm the only one with this problem. Every time I turn off the projector, the brilliant color setting and the gamma selection revert to factory default. All other setting are saved except those two. I am on firmware 1.03. I wonder if I may have a faulty bios battery or something like that.
After a couple of days, I am not impressed with this projector, I tough it would be as good as my HC4000 but with 3D in bonus, turn out that you have what you pay for, this is not the wonder so many people in reviews are telling, it's really a budget projector with passable picture quality.
You must have messed with your settings or got a bad unit. I have the hc4000 and the w1070 in the same room right now (hc4000 going back in a few days). I can tell you this:
1) Sharpness: very close. Almost too close to call. The hc4000 is a very sharp unit, but the w1070 is just as sharp.
2) Brightness: w1070 destroys the hc4000. With ambient lights on, I can still get a great picture.
3) colors: very close out of the box for both. After adjustments, they both look good.
4) POP, wow! factor: w1070 all the way
5) Placement- hc4000
6) Darks, shadows: maybe the hc4000 has slightly better blacks, but I don't really notice much difference because of the great pic quality.
7) Image noise: slight edge to the hc4000
8) SD content: I think SD looked a bit better on the hc4000 (but who watches SD on a PJ these days?)
OVERALL : if the w1070 is a 9/10, the hc4000 is a 8.5/10. But if using it with a little ambient light, the w1070 is 10/10, and the hc4000 is 7/10.
ONE MORE THING: when i have brilliant color turned on for the hc4000, I get some weird blown highlights on skin tones, almost like inky spots that look like they are "torched"...but with the w1070 , Brilliant color looks great. With the BC turned off on the hc4000, its not bright enough (for me).
I don't know what it is about the w1070, but the way the picture looks, I have had friends tell me that it looks like a big plasma. Loving this thing.