Gaming Projectors; HC4000, 8350, or something else. Input lag and lumens questions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-08-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just retired my old HD70 which served me extremely well in years and years of FPS gaming. In shopping for a replacement, I've narrowed down my choices to the HC4000 and the 8350 (the benq w6000 was my top but I can't find it anywhere for sale anymore other than ebay for an inflated price).

This will be going into a dedicated theater room with 100% light control. I have no issues with RBE and I've read enough in the last few days to lean towards the HC4000 over the 8350. My biggest concern however is input lag. I primarily play First Person Shooters and I'd like to have a projector which won't affect my game play, especially in multiplayer. I read Code Guy's reviews and it put the 8350 as the absolute best for input lag but it also put the HC4000 as a runner up. Does anyone know the exact numbers for both? And if one is 20ms behind the other, would that even be noticeable?

I have no idea what the numbers were on my HD70 but I never noticed any lag. It could be one of 3 things..
1) There was little to no input lag.
2) I don't even know what input lag is so I never noticed it.
3) My eyes can't discern input lag.

Secondly, I'd like to increase my screen size. On my HD70 I was using a 96 inch screen but this go round I'm going to build my theater around something larger. Somewhere in the range of 120-150 inch. Will the HC4000 provide enough umph to properly light the screen while still giving that "wow" factor?

Either way, are the benefits of the 4000 more than enough to outweigh the benefits the 8350 offers in input lag? Are there other projector's I'm overlooking? I don't want to spend too much more than $1500 but I would go up a bit if something extraordinary was just over my price range.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-29-2012, 03:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also have these same questions.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP