Powerpoint Projector Advice - Looking at Epson Powerlite 1940w - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi - fair warning, 5 days ago I knew close to zero about projectors. I'm purchasing this for a research laboratory for presentations.

My budget is a strict $2000 with the instructions of getting a 'better projector' than the epson powerlite 77c, something 'more professional,' 'with good reviews.' The complaints about the 77c are that it is too dim, and colors don't look that good.

The use will be mainly small conference room (10-20 people), with occasional larger (50 people) events. The presentations will mainly consist of powerpoint slides of graphs and texts, as well functional MRI brain images. Generally the rooms are bright, but with some control. More and more frequently we are showing videos as well.

After reading what I hope is good advice, I focused on these features: WXGA resolution, +3000 luminence, LCD, sub 10lbs, normal throw, not marketed as HT pj.

I was originally look at the epson powerlite 1770w as it is very portable and fits my needs. I do worry about how loud it is (40db, 'think hairdryer').

My biggest concern is that I have not come across a single review for any of the Epson Powerlite 1900 series projectors, just their specs and Epson's advertisement. Does anyone here have experience with this projector? Alternatively, does someone want to give me a reassuring internet nod of approval?!

I'm also open to other suggestions if someone has experience with a PJ that fits this particular need.

I'd like to pull the trigger within a week, so I'll be checking in, answering any questions you might have.

And thanks to the whole community, this site has helped me make most of my big electronic purchases over the last two years. First time posting!

Duff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know if you've already made your purchase, but the Epson 1940w is a great projector. I am an installer/vendor and have installed almost all imagineable PJ's, monitors, TVs. It's, also, in the range spec'd.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page