Ive just setup my optoma gt750 106 inch screen looks wonderful but... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ive just setup my optoma gt750 106 inch screen looks wonderful but ive notices i get alot of eye strain when i watch movies/games at night. i was thinking i need to light up the back wall or rope light behind the screen. would that help? if so what color would you suggest? ive never been a huge fan of watching tv in the dark and in the dark the picture looks best. any ideas or recommendations? or are my eyes gonna just have to deal with it?

also wanted to thank all you guys, all your DIY and information helped me build my small theater ( more of a starter theater) ill post pics when i get everything perfect. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Ideal-Lume Pro has been selected for use by: The Metropolitan Museum of Art; Electronic Arts; THX, Ltd.; Joe Kane Productions; Universal Studios; The Imaging Science Foundation; The National Institute of Standards and Technology; Zombie Studios; Postworks; Home Theater Magazine's Reference System; discriminating video professionals and videophiles around the world.

http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lumesb.htm

I have the T8/18" bulb with the housing fixture with less than 50 hrs on it so if you're in SD we can meet somewhere I'll let you have it for $40. I used it few times to impress friends but watch movies in complete darkness ever since. Or you can just head to home depot and get any cheap fluorescent lighting...BUT it wont have that nice soft white/blue 6500K light. A cheap skate friend of mine went this route and it isn't nearly as nice as the the Idea Lume.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I use a couple of up lights (accent lights) in either corner of the room behind furniture (left and right of the screen) and put them on dimmers.. no eye strain Not 6500K but no eye strain.
You can also do a search for ND filter here in the forum (sunglasses for you projector lens)

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 11-11-2012, 10:59 PM

Liked: 12
holycow didn't realize there were so many types, brands and companies making 6500k lights.

I remember in a hospital room, they had 6500k lights. it was pretty impressive. I always thought it would be nice to get accent lights like that but i had forgotten until now.

anyone know what type of 6500k lights hospitals use ?
post #5 of 5 Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
interesting. im gonna have to go get me a few different bulbs and test out what works best and go from there. now would u say light up back wall? or put lights behind the screen to light up the surrounding wall?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Optoma Gt750 Projector
Gear in this thread - Gt750 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page