Just got my ViewSonic Pro 8200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So my delivery of a ViewSonic PRO8200 came today. I am playing around with it and I must say... this is freakin' SWEET!! This is my first projector and it is incredible. I don't even have it set up where it will eventually be and for now I'm just projecting on a dark blue wall and the picture is still so clear and vibrant. Playing some Madden on a 70" screen is incredible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 11
Haven't hooked it up to my theater system since the damn reciever blew the other day so I have to get it fixed but I must say the speakers on the pj itself are pretty decent. Again I must say that I am pretty impressed by the overall picture quality as I play Madden and like I said, I'm just playing on a blank blue wall right now.
GreenBaron likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Yes, the Viewsonic is a great bargain projector, it also has what seems to be surprisingly high build quality as there have been almost no issues in the Viewsonic thread from a long-term reliability standpoint thus far.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #4 of 5 Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Liked: 13
I got the same one & it is my first one as well. I invite my friends over and they are always blown away by how good it looks. I'm sure that you'll get many thousands of hours of enjoyment out of it.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yeah, many of us share your experience with the viewsonic pro8200. The cheap price with good feature set make it a great portable and home theater PJ in 1080p. 3 year warranty, plenty of inputs/outputs, 2,000 lumens, low RBE, good gaming PJ, carrying case, good pro reviews and user reviews, and a very positive pro8200 forum room (after 2 years I can't remember anyone really having a problem with the PJ other than a newbie using a cheap hdmi that caused picture problems, or someone not setting it up right on his A/V reciever. I can't remember anyone yet saying they even blew a bulb yet, very uncommon if you check the other PJ forum rooms. Hopefully it will stay that way, but even if something happens we got 3 years to fix it under warranty, right? Check out the tips in our pro8200 forum room for screens, ND filters, calibration,etc. Have fun with your new PJ.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page