Sharp dt-400 color problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here is what has happened.

54% of lamp life used and working great...then hear a pop. Similar to the pop you here when a high pressure bulb goes bad, but not as loud. Then the picture went darker, not a complete loss.

I turned it off and then restarted. It would not turn on after about 45 sec, green lamp light still flashing, so I unplugged, changed the bulb with a new spare that I had, turned it on and now color banding. Colors are wrong and boxy.

Here is the kicker, when I turn it one and the bulb starts up, for the first 5 seconds the picture is perfect...followed by a flicker then the screen freezes for about 5 seconds then the color is all wrong and it gets slightly dimmer.

I put the old bulb back in and tried to start it but after 90 sec or so it gave solid red replace lamp bulb. I have also reset the lamp timer and have tried the digital impute and analog and they all behave the same.

Please help. Thank you all so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, I disassembled to see if the color wheel looked okay. It appeArs completely intact. I reassembled and restarted and noticed an audible increase, like an aux fan turning on, when the color goes bunk after the first 5 seconds. Bad motor maybe?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page