Using multiple 1080p projectors for gaming with Eyefinity - suggestions? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A projector that can do 1080p at 120hz doesn't exist for under $30000 (may need to add more zeros), but the 1070/1080 can do both 1080p@60hz and 800p@120hz. I dont see myself wanting 5x 1080p, but having the option is nice.

Correct, up-conversion is bad, any processing is bad for gaming. As far as sharpness goes between 1080 and 720 it will only come down to how big your screens are. The bigger the screen size, the more you will notice the difference in sharpness.

Multi-Projector Edge-Blending & Geometry correction for games and simulations.
http://www.youtube.com/VanFS3K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 12-21-2012, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I've always gone bigger the better, but you can recreate the eyefinity experience just by sitting closer to a smaller screen. Plus, from the videos I've watched, you only seem to get the benefit of a curved screen if you're in the center/sweet spot, so it's not really a multi-user affect - so is there a reason to go as large as possible?

From our minor discussions there appears to be advantages to higher/taller images, but anything wider than 180 FOV is too much. I think I need to go 2 or 3 GT750E to get my own opinion to contribute to our discussions. I assume I can sell them for minor loss aftewrards if necessary.

In your opinion, going 2 1080p vs 3 720ps - how will your iRacing experience change? Would you still get 180FOV, or would you shoot for something less (like 120FOV)? You would get a taller image for flight sims?

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page