I am hoping someone can point me to the right direction to fix this projector. The kids were watching a movie last night and I left for a couple of minutes and they were all screaming because the image went off. When I tried to turn the projector back the lamp light flashed red and power went from green to orange. After a while the projector just flickers a green light for 1 second and then goes back to orange. Did the lamp die or is there something else wrong with the projector?
The Lamp LED on top of the projector (Figure 13 on page 18) will alert you to certain problems.
• A solid red Lamp LED means it is time to change the lamp. See page 30.
• A blinking red Lamp LED means the projector is overheating. Turn off the projector and allow it to cool.
The other LED on top of the projector indicates the normal operating state of the projector.
• A solid green LED means the projector is on.
• A blinking green LED means the projector does not recognize an active source or is in DPMS mode. See page 24.
• A blinking orange LED means the projector is going into DPMS mode; a solid orange LED means the projector is in standby or DPMS mode. See page 24 for details.
Thanks for posting the troubleshooting steps but now I don't even get a red light. When I turn the power on, the light will turn green for a second but the fans are not spinning. After a second the light will turn off and go back to orange. Does that mean the lamp is toast?
Probably, of course there could be other reasons for that behavior, but the only way to know for sure (unless the lamp has popped, a sure visible sign) is to replace the lamp with a new OEM one. The lamps cannot be tested. And the Red Lamp LED is responding to a counter, telling you that 2900 hours has passed and it's time to replace the lamp.
I found a 2 lamp auction in ebay for this projector and changing the lamp did not fix the problem. So I think there is something internally wrong. I don't know if it even makes sense to try to fix it now.