Looking for specific replacement for HD600X - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-17-2012, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been a very happy Optoma user for nearly 10 years now. I am on my 2nd projector, an HD600X. The problem is that it has developed the DLP issue that has seen it develop about 5 faulty pixels (3 grey, 2 white). This has not progressed in the past 3 months but does detract from a wonderful viewing experience.

Today I have taken down the HD600X, had it apart, cleaned the lenses, compressed air cleaned the rest and re-assembled. There is no denying that the cleaning has done a lot for the picture, but the pixel problem is still there (I have even tried the suggested "gentle" pressing near the HDMI socket and DLP chip on the chip board, but no change.

So, we are looking to get a new projector. Truth is that we are totally happy with the HD600X and can get a new one for £369, but are worried about this Texas Instruments chip that has caused many people the problem.

My first question is whether a new model would be running this same chip or whether they changed it in response to the quantity of units in RMA.

If they are still using this same chipset is there another, more reliable, option that uses the same bulb as the HD600X. We would be quite willing to move the bulbs between housings if necessary. Our present bulb is only 900 hours old and still, theoretically, has another 2100 hours in it. If we are going to be forced into buying a new projector right now I would love it if we could extend the lifespan of the new projector with these 2100 hours when the new projector's bulb dies.

Really looking forward to hearing people's thoughts. Thanks.

p.s. I'd rather be up front. I have posted the above Verbatim on another AV forum. I would like to get answers from a wide base of people.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page