Limited Space LED TV or Projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-19-2012, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just moved into a new house and I lost my dedicated home theater from my old house and now have to share a space in the basement that will have a ping pong table and a bar (not soo bad so far). There is a walk out porch so there is ambient light coming in, but it can be controlled.

I have a wall space that can fit my current screen which is 9', but I have a sofit to deal with and a column that forces me to go just under the soffit for the screen if I go that route. I was considering going with the Epson 5020e, however, after reviewing the space and my usage I'm wondering if a 70" LED TV would be a smarter choice because of usage and lighting.

I use my current projector a lot for watching casual tv and movies combined. No one is a clear winner there.

3D may be cool to have, but, its not something I plan to use heavily.

In the end I can control lighting, but in the day if you are watchin a game or something, i know the wife will open the shades all the time.

I like having a 9' screen though.

Also with black friday deals on 70" sharp being $1799, thats a hell of a deal for that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
that's a heak of a good deal on the Sharp. if you can deal with the small 70" screen size it may be cheaper to go with a tv vs projector+ replacement bulbs.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page