Panasonic AR100U - Strange projection problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a panasonic AR100U projector, bought 7 months ago, 1200hrs usage.
2 days ago, it started to project strange, arch shaped vertical thick lines, which a little change the color of the projected area, either to yellow or magenta .
It is not even visible in dark scenes.
I added 2 pictures, describing my problem. Do you have any idea what can cause such a problem?
Lamp, lenses, or filters or something else? How can I solve this problem.

Thank you very much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Have you tried changing the source to something other than the PS3 to eliminate that as the problem? Do you have a regular Blu-ray or DVD player?

If the problem is indeed with the projector I doubt it's user fixable and you should contact Panasonic repair immediately...although I'm not sure what kind of response you'd get during a holiday.

Panasonic National Service Center
14206 Overbrook Road
Leawood, KS 66224
913-685-8855 (Projector Administration / Support)

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 13 Old 11-23-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

I tried all the sources. No change. I cleaned lens surface nothing happens. This is really annoying.
post #4 of 13 Old 11-24-2012, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post

Have you tried changing the source to something other than the PS3 to eliminate that as the problem? Do you have a regular Blu-ray or DVD player?
If the problem is indeed with the projector I doubt it's user fixable and you should contact Panasonic repair immediately...although I'm not sure what kind of response you'd get during a holiday.
Panasonic National Service Center
14206 Overbrook Road
Leawood, KS 66224
913-685-8855 (Projector Administration / Support)

I have no chance to contact to panasonic, because I live in Kazakhstan, and bought this projector through ebay.
post #5 of 13 Old 11-24-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orhanozalp View Post

I have no chance to contact to panasonic, because I live in Kazakhstan, and bought this projector through ebay.

Buying through unauthorized sellers becomes a problem when service is needed. I have not seen the service manual for the AR100U but I would suspect a problem with either one of the LCD panels or polarizing plates but this is just a guess. This is the first time I've seen a problem like this so I doubt anyone on this forum will come forward with a solution for your projector other than getting it serviced. I have over 1000 hours on my projector so I am very interested in what the exact problem is.

Panasonic Global website lists:

Kazakhstan
Company: Panasonic CIS
Address: Kazakhstan, 050057, Almaty, Timiryazeva Str. 42, building 15.
Phone: +7(727)98-09-09

http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/contact/europe_cis.html

EDIT: Is there any chance you left the projector on for an extended period of time with one image displayed? Then the problem could be 'persistent image' which even an LCD projector can exhibit.

post #6 of 13 Old 11-25-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Buying through unauthorized sellers becomes a problem when service is needed. I have not seen the service manual for the AR100U but I would suspect a problem with either one of the LCD panels or polarizing plates but this is just a guess. This is the first time I've seen a problem like this so I doubt anyone on this forum will come forward with a solution for your projector other than getting it serviced. I have over 1000 hours on my projector so I am very interested in what the exact problem is.
Panasonic Global website lists:
Kazakhstan
Company: Panasonic CIS
Address: Kazakhstan, 050057, Almaty, Timiryazeva Str. 42, building 15.
Phone: +7(727)98-09-09
http://panasonic.net/avc/projector/contact/europe_cis.html
EDIT: Is there any chance you left the projector on for an extended period of time with one image displayed? Then the problem could be 'persistent image' which even an LCD projector can exhibit.

Thank you Mr. G. ,Actually, I gave you a wrong information, i bought it through b&h photo web site 6-7 months ago, I recently use ebay more frequently , thats why i mixed up. So it is an authorized seller, and I was really very happy with the projector till past week. I usually leave the projector with a paused image, but it never exceeds lets say one hour. The stains-shapes be larger or smaller when I zoom in or out. When a colorful image is displayed ion the screen, these areas becomes more yellowish or magenta.

By the way, one more thing i would like to share, regarding with power saving modes, eco and normal, when I change these modes the image quality or contrast or brightness are never effected, never changed. It was same all the time I use the projector. Most of the AR100U user reports there is noticeable change between these two modes, but i have never realized such a change, there is even no noise change.
post #7 of 13 Old 11-26-2012, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thank you Mr. G. ,Actually, I gave you a wrong information, i bought it through b&h photo web site 6-7 months ago, I recently use ebay more frequently , thats why i mixed up. So it is an authorized seller, and I was really very happy with the projector till past week. I usually leave the projector with a paused image, but it never exceeds lets say one hour. The stains-shapes be larger or smaller when I zoom in or out. When a colorful image is displayed ion the screen, these areas becomes more yellowish or magenta.
By the way, one more thing i would like to share, regarding with power saving modes, eco and normal, when I change these modes the image quality or contrast or brightness are never effected, never changed. It was same all the time I use the projector. Most of the AR100U user reports there is noticeable change between these two modes, but i have never realized such a change, there is even no noise change.

The AR100U is so new that there is little track record of problems and this visual anomaly is puzzling. With only 1200 hours of lamp time it seems strange that the one of LCD or polarizer panels has gone bad, especially since the LCD is inorganic. Again I don't think there is anything a user can do to correct this and it needs to go in for service. Also your comments indicate other problems with this projector since there should be a distinct difference in going from full power to eco, a subtle change in brightness and a big change in fan noise. If you do not notice a change in brightness changing from Dynamic mode to any of the other picture modes there is more than one thing wrong with this projector.

-

post #8 of 13 Old 11-26-2012, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The AR100U is so new that there is little track record of problems and this visual anomaly is puzzling. With only 1200 hours of lamp time it seems strange that the one of LCD or polarizer panels has gone bad, especially since the LCD is inorganic. Again I don't think there is anything a user can do to correct this and it needs to go in for service. Also your comments indicate other problems with this projector since there should be a distinct difference in going from full power to eco, a subtle change in brightness and a big change in fan noise. If you do not notice a change in brightness changing from Dynamic mode to any of the other picture modes there is more than one thing wrong with this projector.
-
i notice big changes, while changing view modes btw dynamic,normal,vivid etc. But there is certainly no change btw eco and normal modes.
What do you think if i replace a new lamp, should it solve the problem?
post #9 of 13 Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i notice big changes, while changing view modes btw dynamic,normal,vivid etc. But there is certainly no change btw eco and normal modes.
What do you think if i replace a new lamp, should it solve the problem?

No, I don't think the lamp is the problem. Are you a smoker? Dusty environment? The problem could be dust accumulation on the polarizer. I would be reluctant to open up a relatively new projector to attempt a cleaning, especially since this is just a guess. What most owners don't realize is that the AR100U has 5 cooling fans inside. A power fan, lamp fan, intake fan, exhaust fan and an iris fan. So there is a lot of air moving around inside this projector.

post #10 of 13 Old 11-26-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

No, I don't think the lamp is the problem. Are you a smoker? Dusty environment? The problem could be dust accumulation on the polarizer. I would be reluctant to open up a relatively new projector to attempt a cleaning, especially since this is just a guess. What most owners don't realize is that the AR100U has 5 cooling fans inside. A power fan, lamp fan, intake fan, exhaust fan and an iris fan. So there is a lot of air moving around inside this projector.

No I dont smoke, and there is no dust at all in the room, the only thing i can say that , i used the projector min 6-7 hrs a day, sometimes even 8-9 hours. Day time my kids are dancing watching some animations, night time i watch tv or movie. May be i made a wrong selection when deciding the projector type, i should have gone with DLP but not 3LCD
post #11 of 13 Old 11-27-2012, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No I dont smoke, and there is no dust at all in the room, the only thing i can say that , i used the projector min 6-7 hrs a day, sometimes even 8-9 hours. Day time my kids are dancing watching some animations, night time i watch tv or movie. May be i made a wrong selection when deciding the projector type, i should have gone with DLP but not 3LCD

I can understand your disappointment and frustration, no one likes to have problems with a new projector. Not knowing exactly what the problem is I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

Every projector technology has its own inherent problems but in this case perhaps you're right, DLP may have been the better choice.

post #12 of 13 Old 11-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Also
Has the room have high variations in temperature?, a lot of humidity, etc?
Did you use (or took) the Projector outdoors (cold weather) and took it back later to your (warm) room?
Could this be product of water condensation?
post #13 of 13 Old 11-27-2012, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferbal View Post

Also
Has the room have high variations in temperature?, a lot of humidity, etc?
Did you use (or took) the Projector outdoors (cold weather) and took it back later to your (warm) room?
Could this be product of water condensation?
No there is no high temp. variations, or high humidity in the room. I innstalled in living room which is really large and never moved it to anywhere else.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page