Need to replace DMD chip on Optoma Gametime 750 . - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got an Optoma Gametime GT750 projector on which the DMD chip is failing. I'm getting the white dots appearing on the screen. Up to 19 of them now and it seems a few more pop up every day. Upon viewing this video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJpGvrz3yR4), that is what tells me it's the DMD chip. I'm perfectly capable of doing everything he's done to replace it I believe. (A+ cert and associates degree in comp maintenance), However, I don't know where to go look for this chip. I've seen a few on ebay but I'd much prefer a reliable vendor. I know the chip has to be cheaper than replacing the entire projector. Anyways, if anyone could throw me a bone on where to find a DMD chip, I would appreciate it. Also any tips from anyone else who may have replaced these. The projector is approaching 2400 hours if anyone wants to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Well with that many hours, you had better figure on a new lamp.. so $300 + new Chip.. might as well pack it in and buy new.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Umm I can get the bulbs around 175 not 300. and on ebay the chip for like 150. I cant get another projector for 325.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
At that price, you might want to be sure it's an OEM lamp, not one of these so-called "compatible" lamps. They usually aren't. These forums are full of stories from people who tried to save a few bucks on the lamp and regretted it. Not saying ALL had problems, but the vast majority did. I know of 2 people who bought generic lamps for the NEC projectors and had to replace burned optics after a 00 hours or so. Just sayin'. And as always, YMMV.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page