Projector Offset question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Say I have a short throw and I want a 100" screen size or so.. on projector central it's showing me having a 9.5" offset for a 16:9 screen, OK as seeing I don't have the projector yet I was looking at this mount here http://www.amazon.com/Vantage-Point-CGUPM12-B-Universal-Projector/dp/B00067OR6K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1NH884YY0W7K2&coliid=I3GH91HMVEMEEI

I ask all this because when I did a mock up on the wall I did not count in the offset but with the mount could you slightly tilt it up without distorting the image?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM

Liked: 10
I just got the BenQ 710st and that exact mount. My screen size is about 120 from 7-8 feet and I am projecting under a beam. Pretty happy with both so far.

post #3 of 10 Old 12-01-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

That's good I just hope it works for me, since the offset is throwing me off a little, if i tilt the projector upwards to lessen the offset will it distort the image too much? The other projectors I use they have a lens shift so in a short throw I'm not sure how I should go.
post #4 of 10 Old 12-02-2012, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruB4 View Post

Say I have a short throw and I want a 100" screen size or so.. on projector central it's showing me having a 9.5" offset for a 16:9 screen, OK as seeing I don't have the projector yet I was looking at this mount here http://www.amazon.com/Vantage-Point-CGUPM12-B-Universal-Projector/dp/B00067OR6K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1NH884YY0W7K2&coliid=I3GH91HMVEMEEI
I ask all this because when I did a mock up on the wall I did not count in the offset but with the mount could you slightly tilt it up without distorting the image?

Your definitely going to notice that much alignment error. Add the 9.5" offset to the distance between the center of the lens and the ceiling and the result is the distance from the ceiling to the top edge of the screen. I'm guessing that mount will put the center of the lens approx 7" below the ceiling. So your screen will be approx. 16.5" below the ceiling.

You could build your own flush mount or partially recess you projector into the ceiling. This will get you close enough to avoid using keystone adjustments.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-02-2012, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The ceiling is concrete so that makes things harder.
post #6 of 10 Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Only other way I think it can be done is get a wall mount and mount the projector so it's not upside down.. however it would have to sit lower which would be another issue.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-03-2012, 11:25 AM

My projector is mounted 8" from the ceiling (to the top of the projector) and the image starts about 11 inches from the ceiling. I have it tilted slightly upward to get under a beam. I'm using the keystone correction, but I'm not noticing any difference in picture quality. You can use the mount as a flush mount as well if you remove one of the extensions. It is pretty versatile especially if you aren't sure what you are doing.

post #8 of 10 Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

My ceiling is 7.9' so I was thinking wall mount (picture would be too big for room) or these two ceiling mounts.. If I did a wall mount my room from the other wall is 9 ft so that would make the image 84" tall and 172" diagonal, also if I wall mounted it a projector in it's upright position shoots upwards so that means I would need to lower the height on the wall which means sitting in bed would be an issue taking in account of the ceiling height.

but I was looking at these 3 mount types

it would be 1000 times better if I had the projector here now to see in person what my limits are but right now just going by what the data is on projector central, It wont be until after christmas I can get the projector now.
post #9 of 10 Old 12-03-2012, 04:17 PM

You can mount the vantage point on the wall as well, so it might be the most flexible option.

post #10 of 10 Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page