1080p 3D Projector with best Frame Interpolation in 3D? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-03-2012, 04:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I want to buy a 1080p projector 3D and good Frame Interpolation is extremely important for me. I don't know if it's the same with projectors, but I cannot watch 3D on a LCD TV without Frame Interpolation on. It makes such a huge difference, that 3D without Frame Interpolation (at 24fps) gives me headaches, while 3D with FI (I guess up to 60fps) gives me an amazing immersive experience far better than any 2D video.

I don't want to spend more than 1500 eur on this. There is very little information regarding the quality of Frame Interpolation engines in 3D projectors, so I hope for some better information from AVS users.

Also, I plan to build my own HTPC as source for all video. Are there maybe some ways to make the Frame Interpolation of 1080p 3D video via software, if the FI on the projector shouldn't be as good? I heard about SMooth Video Project, but does it work with 3D Blu-Rays also, or just half-res SBS encodes?

I also want to do some 3D gaming on the projector, so compatibility with Nvidia 3D and PS3/Xbox is important. Lag shouldn't be an issue, as I'm not really sensitive to that and don't play any multiplayer games.

Thanks for any kind of feedback!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Acer 9500 has it, and not very expensive.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The Mitsu 7800 has it as well, for a little more money. Most consider this the better projector, but it is not so bright, so it would be great if your screen is not large - say around 100".
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page