Regarding blue polorizers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-03-2012, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can they go bad "evenly" or do all of them start with a yellow spot and work outward? Trying to pin down why the image of my NEC vt695 3 lcd projector leans toward yellow/green. I can report that reducing the blue green midranges while leaving the blue alone (it appears dark already) with a program called monitor calibration wizard, greatly improves the issue. Thanks. Sounds like blue problem?

"I'm a dead hood who could sing a bit and liked to flaunt my Lamborghini at guys who drive Ferraris
..Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Love your quote! Any chance you are an owner too?

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #3 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Damn you guys are weird!!!!!! I have not a clue or give a damn who owns those programs. That one is free I'm not even sure I can find it again. What I do own is 2 3lcd NEC projectors that lean evenly toward yellow. What I probably am going to do is go DLP Are there any normal people on this forum or is everyone on offense? I am just a dude trying to get good color. That program did not fix it, made it better, still not good enough. Anyone have a blue polarizer. VT695?

"I'm a dead hood who could sing a bit and liked to flaunt my Lamborghini at guys who drive Ferraris
..Frank Sinatra
post #4 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

The thing I find amusing is regardless of whether I ever made money or not in my life, I have never loved it enough to sell anything but my time as audio engineer musician and tech writer Some of you guys here see a salesman behind every tree. Well it ain't me babe, it ain't me your looking for. Pete Leoni is a known entity.(-: Google

..Frank Sinatra
post #5 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge here.

..Frank Sinatra
post #6 of 7 Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 24
There are two parts of the blue light path on an LCD projector, The polarizer and the panel itself. The polarizer goes first and followed by the LCD panel shortly after. The reason the Blue one is the first to go is the UV light put out by the Metal Halide lamp breaks down the blue Light pathway. When you see the yellow blob it indicates that the panel is cooked and needs to be replaced. It will NOT get better no matter how you tweak it. Some projectors have three of the same panels, Some have three different part numbers / You can tweak the green panel to act as a blue one in the service menu but the MAIN thing causing the color saturation are the polarizers. You should ALWAYS replace both the polarizer and the LCD. ALSO do not move or adjust the other two LCD's from the Prism block or you will have a bitch of a time getting them aligned again.

Bohanna
post #7 of 7 Old 12-06-2012, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Hey thanks man. The weird thing is it never started with the famous expanding yellow spot, the damn thing is perfectly and evenly yellowish and just as you said, not correable with any sort of rgb balance. from your info I suspect the blue lcd is very weak. I will purchase a new dlp unit soon as per advice on this forum. I would however like to try tweaking the service menu if I could get in there. haven't found the secret handshake for this old NEC vt695 yet. Any clues?

..Frank Sinatra
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page