What is the best system for our museum events room? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-04-2012, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We want to get the best project and screen for our events rooms. We want about a 12' screen. Should we get a tensioned one? Should we get an electric one versus manual? What are the best brands?
As for the projector, we are considering Epson G5450WUNL or Panasonic PT-E257OU. Are their better ones?
Also, what amplifier is best? We are considering Pyle Pro PMX401 or Onkyo TX-SR313.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Museum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-05-2012, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by museum View Post

We want to get the best project and screen for our events rooms. We want about a 12' screen. Should we get a tensioned one? Should we get an electric one versus manual? What are the best brands?
As for the projector, we are considering Epson G5450WUNL or Panasonic PT-E257OU. Are their better ones?
Also, what amplifier is best? We are considering Pyle Pro PMX401 or Onkyo TX-SR313.
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Museum

Since you've posted the exact same request on 5-6 different websites I will tell you that there is not a great deal known on forums about either of these projectors. By all accounts the Epson G5450WUNL is a great conference projector, whether it suits your needs is the big question. You give no environment information, size of room, type of lighting, number of windows, etc. which can help hone in on the right projector and screen as well what sort of sound system best suits this room. You also do not state a budget.

My advice is call Projector People and talk to one of the salesmen giving him all the information you can. I'm sure given their experience with many of the conference room projectors they will able to advise you on the right choice.

http://www.projectorpeople.com/projectors/projdtls.asp?itemid=26344&itmname=Epson+PowerLite+Pro+G5450WUNL

Phone:

1-888-248-0675 toll free in the U.S. (New orders.)

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
In reply to the fact that I did not post size of room, etc.
The room is 42 feet long by 40 feet wide. There are 12 large windows, with aluminum blinds over them. It has fluorescent lighting on the ceiling. The ceiling goes from 11 feet high to 13 feet high (we have a raised portion of the room which we plan to use for loge seating).
The budget is about $9,000.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page