Help Fitting/Finding Projector for Current Configuration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a dedicated theater room that doesn't get used that much, but I am looking to upgrade from my current projector which is an Infocus ScreenPlay 4805. I am considering the ViewSonic Pro8200 or perhaps an Optoma HD20 but no option is off the table. However, I want it to conform to my current setup which looks like the following:

1/ Based on my current ceiling mount, I expect a throw distance of around 14' (give or take a small amount depending on the length of the projector)
2/ Screen is 16X9/106" diagonal, 1.1 gain. The screen material (not the frame) currently starts at 10" down from the ceiling

Overall room has a ceiling height of 8' and length of 15.9'.

Projector calculations seem to indicate that the ViewSonic would require something like 18" from top of ceiling to screen which is obviously much lower than mine is now. I'd obviously have to tilt it if that were the case but I am wondering if that is a lot of projector tilt? The other issue is that the projector calculations move multiple variables when one is changed so I cannot input my variables as they are without others changing.

I currently have component cables run through the wall and ceiling and would really rather not change that. Is there a strong reason I'd want to go HDMI versus component to the projector? It would have to be a really good reason!

Lastly, 100% of the viewing in that room is for movies. Pretty much 100% of that is via streaming with Vudu being my go to source.

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 12:13 PM

Dead set on dlp? Budget?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Broadway View Post

Dead set on dlp? Budget?

Given the infrequency of use (cannot even really justify having a dedicated room anymore but I do) and I'd like to keep it below $1k. Humorously I remember buying my first projector in 2000 for $5k and a few years later the bulb was worth more than the projector! But, I digress.

Thanks for the help.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page