Just bought pt-ar100u. Searching for best method to run dual 4:3 sources on screen simultaneously (i.e. games on one and netflix on the other) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi. I am looking for a simple way to out put dual 4:3 sources on the screen at the same time. I would like to make it possible for the kids to both play games and watch tv at the same time. Are there hdmi switchers that allow side by side, or split screen outputs? I have a computer in the room, and I could add a tv tuner card that allowed such a thing, if there was such a thing.
Regards, and Merry Christmas!
Jarrett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbullet View Post

Hi. I am looking for a simple way to out put dual 4:3 sources on the screen at the same time. I would like to make it possible for the kids to both play games and watch tv at the same time. Are there hdmi switchers that allow side by side, or split screen outputs? I have a computer in the room, and I could add a tv tuner card that allowed such a thing, if there was such a thing.
Regards, and Merry Christmas!
Jarrett

There are video processors that can do this but they are prohibitively expensive and I'm sure more than you want to pay. There may be a computer program that allows this but I don't know what it could be.

In my home theater I have a 50" Panasonic plasma next to the projection screen for dual or separate displays.

You can also try posting your question in the Video Processors forum.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Order cancelled on the pt-ar100u. I bought it under the supposition that it had pip capabilities. I am now leaning towards an epson 3020, as it has the capability built in. I may spring for the 3020e because of the wireless hdmi as well. The split screen is a necessity to our setup, and so I had to cancel the panasonic, though I suspect it is the better quality projector.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 125
You were confusing the 'Split Adjust' feature on the AR100U for dual screen output. The 3020 has the Split Screen feature so it should make you a happy camper. From the reviews I've read the 3020 is a definite improvement on the previous model.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Old 12-10-2012, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

hopefully. the lag reviews are less than stellar on it though...i'd love to find some real world input on it.