panasonic ptae 3000u wont power on. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

I will back track a bit to give you an idea of whats going on. My panny suddenly shut off during use. I scoped it out and after trouble shooting I decided to pull the lamp. Once out, I saw that the lamp was broken. I got online, and ordered a new lamp and housing. I cleaned the filter also. That brings me to today, after installing the new lamp I haven't been able to power on my unit. Im talking nothing, no light, no sound, no standby, nothing. When the original lamp went out last week, I had no power issues to the unit itself, it would turn on, attempt to run and eventually it would shut down to standby. So, I powered everything off, unplugged the unit, and removed the original lamp. After installing, un installing, and reinstalling the replacement 3 times, making sure all locks and unit was fastened correctly I tried to power it up unsuccessfully each time. nothing, no noise, no lights, no nothing, like it has no power source whatsoever. Does anyone have any clue what could possibly be going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg01 View Post

Hello all,
I will back track a bit to give you an idea of whats going on. My panny suddenly shut off during use. I scoped it out and after trouble shooting I decided to pull the lamp. Once out, I saw that the lamp was broken. I got online, and ordered a new lamp and housing. I cleaned the filter also. That brings me to today, after installing the new lamp I haven't been able to power on my unit. Im talking nothing, no light, no sound, no standby, nothing. When the original lamp went out last week, I had no power issues to the unit itself, it would turn on, attempt to run and eventually it would shut down to standby. So, I powered everything off, unplugged the unit, and removed the original lamp. After installing, un installing, and reinstalling the replacement 3 times, making sure all locks and unit was fastened correctly I tried to power it up unsuccessfully each time. nothing, no noise, no lights, no nothing, like it has no power source whatsoever. Does anyone have any clue what could possibly be going on?

Is it a genuine Panasonic bulb or a clone?

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #3 of 5 Old 12-13-2012, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

it is genuine, what I dont understand is why I am having power issues now that I am going back with it. Bc I did not have them last week during lamp removal.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-14-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg01 View Post

it is genuine, what I dont understand is why I am having power issues now that I am going back with it. Bc I did not have them last week during lamp removal.

This is a guess since I'm not a electronic repair person but it's possible that the new bulb closed an open circuit that finally popped a capacitor(s) in the power supply.

It does seem like a power supply problem now.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

post #5 of 5 Old 12-17-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

I dont see how an open circuit would close if the install was done with the unit in the off position and power plug disconnected from unit. I guess that may be possible once I plugged it back up but I just do not feel that is the issue. Thank you though for your input.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page