Upgrading from an Optoma HD7100 need help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I’m looking to upgrade from an Optoma HD7100 now that it finally died and I was contemplating the Optoma HD33. Anyone have any info on the quality of the projector or known defects in the unit? My HD7100 gave me nothing but trouble and I’m a little leery of purchasing another Optoma product. I really like the picture quality the DLP chip produces better than any other type of projector. I have a max throw of 13.5 ft. ceiling mounted projecting onto a 100" screen. My HD7100 is mounted 10ft 6in away from the screen and I would like to keep that mount if possible. I really do not feel like spackling and painting the ceiling if I can help it. Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 49
The HD33 seems to be a fairly sold projector, I have read the whole thread with very few problems reported with it and mine has been no problem at all. Some of the earlier firmware revs had some lockup issues. All the entry level DLP 3D projectors have come very close in price in the last 6 months so its a tough decision. ACER hb9500, benq 7000 Mits 7800 all with there own quirks. The benq 1070 soon to be on the US market looks promising. The Mits and Benq 1070 both have DC3 to there advantage (don't know how much). The only complant I have with the HD33 is the black level in 2D the others are marginaly better. 3D is no problem and I use a ND filter on 2D to darken the blacks.
attichometheater likes this.

Smart enough to know better, to old to care
post #3 of 3 Old 12-17-2012, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got the same thing unless Im doning something wrong.Here is a link http://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD8600-projection-calculator-pro.htm
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page