Aw crap, my power cut out earlier tonight and my Epson 8350 shut off. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I don't even know what happened but my Epson 8350 turned off completely while it was connected via HDMI to my Acer laptop. It is plugged into the wall, so I didn't know power was shut off at the house, but realized it wasn't my Epson acting up, since turning the lights back on did nothing.

I was worried then a bit mad. Now, I'm worried that my Epson's lens or power is messed up due to being shut off so suddenly and quickly. So I ask, should I be worried?

I don't want to turn it back on until tomorrow evening, as that is when plan to watch a couple of movies. So for now, I have flipped the back switch off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
If I were you I would try and fire it up to see if its OK. Make sure the house fuse/breaker that protects the wall ac outlet that its plugged into isn't blown.
Waiting to the last minute to turn it back on is kind of pointless. All it will do is prolong any diagnosis that may be necessary. If it is dead I would look in the manual to see if there is a reset button some where on the unit.

Best of luck

Bohanna
post #3 of 6 Old 12-16-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 111
It will be fine. when you turn off a switch or hit the power button the power goes off. The only difference is the fan runs for a minute to cool down the lamp. This help prolong the lamp and electronics but it is not going to cause any damage if it happens once in a while. That said, I use a UPS on my projector to eliminate the risk.
post #4 of 6 Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

I just remember whenever I turned off the Epson normally, I would have to press the power button once to prompt a "press power again to shut off". Pressing this same button again turns off the power AND the lens because I will always hear a lens mechanism sound that indicates the Epson has shut off. It is then I turn off the switch at the back.
post #5 of 6 Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so I tried the projector last night and everything seems to work 100% the same as before.

The only thing I DID notice, is when shutting off the power (before flipping the switch on the back), the lens made a different noise than it usually does when turning off.

is this something too be concerned about?
post #6 of 6 Old 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Not sure but I would check if your projector has an auto retract option if it has a lens door that closes. This could be the reason for increased lens activity BUT this is TOTAL Speculation on my part, it may be a non issue

Bohanna
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page