Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-22-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I got an optoma HD180 2 years ago.

It has excellent picture quality if it works..... Either I was not lucky, or that projector is a piece of JUNK!

I got one from costco, than returned it after two weeks due to lamp error (it shut off after some time).

I changed it with another HD180 optoma (same model) at costco; after one year, it broke down but it was covered by guarantee.
Apparently, it was badly assembled and some parts were loose.

One year after, it has broken down again: it is giving me lamp failure after 5-30 minutes of functioning or it does not start the lamp at all.
I just shipped it back to optoma for repair: this time I need to pay because it is out of guarantee.

What upsets me, it is the fact that the projector has only about 150 hours of work, and it was ceiling mounted so not subjected to vibrations, or transportation, or shocks.

Right now, I am regretting I bought optoma. It seems to me this product is very LOW QUALITY in terms of manufacturing and parts.

Am I the only one having so much trouble with this item?

for me, OPTOMA NEVER AGAIN! At the end of the day, I paid 900$ for something that broke down twice within 150 hours of work.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page