Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 02:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp94001 View Post

I was playing with the LCD alignment function yesterday.. you can adjust one color at a time .. but I was not sure what I supposed to do..

the direction is to adjust on 4 corners first.. but I could not figure out what to do (ie. what to adjust, what to look for)..

please help with more details on this function.. thanks

hhp

Same issue here. What do you do with the box in the corner? I think you're supposed to line up the red and blue lines but the box just gets in the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhp94001 View Post

I was playing with the LCD alignment function yesterday.. you can adjust one color at a time .. but I was not sure what I supposed to do..

the direction is to adjust on 4 corners first.. but I could not figure out what to do (ie. what to adjust, what to look for)..

please help with more details on this function.. thanks

hhp

What you want is to not see the color at all off of each crosshair. Look at each individual crosshair - not the entire screen. In other words, if you look at the crosshair in the top left of the screen, see if there is any color bleeding off the crosshair. Best way to do this is to move it so that it is fairly obvious that the color has moved off the crosshair and then move it back the other direction until you no longer see the color. You will need to do this for each color. It should only take a minute or so.
post #453 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTI View Post

Hey first of all Hi
I just purchased the 5020e and receive it tomorrow read some of the posts this is were I am stuck my living room is 20 x 14
and the way it it set up now is good but that only leaves me a opening of 84 inches across in which I can fit the screen or I have to remodel the room
if I have 84 across that gives me what in diagonal and I have no Idea which screen to buy but like Idea of the motorised ones
this is my first projector purchase any help on the screen to buy would be appreciated, the sales guy said I should get a silver over the white because of minimal light
Thanks C

You need to remember that if your max. screen mounting width is 84" then the actual viewable screen width will be less. Virtually all screens include a black border and if you decide to use a manual pull-down screen or an electric drop down screen, the screen housing at the top may be substantially wider than the screen itself. For example, the Da-lite Contour 16x9 electiric screen that has a screen size of 92" diagonal (viewable) has a viewable screen width of 80" but the width of the screen housing of 93.75 inches. In order to get the largest possible viewable screen size into your limited width then a fixed frame screen could be used. These will typically have at least a 2 inch wide (or 3 inch wide) black boarder/frame around all four sides of the viewable portion of the screen. By using one with a 2 inch boarder/frame you could fit a fixed frame screen with an outside dimension of up to 84 inches wide, and with a viewable width of up to 80 inches, into to your space.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #454 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 10:02 AM

I've had my 5020 since November. Anyone know what is the most current firmware version? I've finally got 95% of the handshake bugs worked out thanks to this thread, and I'm hoping the firmware will take care if the rest. Thanks!
post #455 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 PM
DTI

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Man all I can say is shopping for screens is a blank blank headache okay I moved some furniture and now have 104 across so if the screen canister if that is the correct name where the motors are are 6in wider on both sides than the screen that would give roughly 92in across somewhere in that 106 range and still haven't got a clue in which one all I know is I want to keep it under 1000.00 & motorized any help
Thanks C
post #456 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM

Liked: 12
W
Quote:

Man all I can say is shopping for screens is a blank blank headache okay I moved some furniture and now have 104 across so if the screen canister if that is the correct name where the motors are are 6in wider on both sides than the screen that would give roughly 92in across somewhere in that 106 range and still haven't got a clue in which one all I know is I want to keep it under 1000.00 & motorized any help
Thanks C

Where are you located? That will help determine what's available in your price range.

post #457 of 1313 Old 04-24-2013, 10:25 PM
DTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post

W
Where are you located? That will help determine what's available in your price range.[/quote

In Vancouver , is there any stores where you can walk in and check out the screens first
for quality or noise from the motors also would prefer if it was in black
Thanks C
post #458 of 1313 Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 PM
DTI

Problem solved I went for this one http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/elunevision-elunevision-reference-studio-4k-92-tab-tensioned-motorized-16-9-projector-screen-ev-t3-92-1-0-ev-t3-92-1-0/10194929.aspx and I hope I made the right choice
just want my screen so I can enjoy my Epson & couch
post #459 of 1313 Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:

Problem solved I went for this one http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/elunevision-elunevision-reference-studio-4k-92-tab-tensioned-motorized-16-9-projector-screen-ev-t3-92-1-0-ev-t3-92-1-0/10194929.aspx and I hope I made the right choice

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I got a Grandview motorized tab tensioned 120" and absolutely love it! The company is in South Burnaby. Talk to Derek in the warehouse, he is a wealth of information about picking out which screen is best for your needs. If its to late hope the elunevision works out well!!!

ps. I got my 120" for $1152.00
A Fellow BC'er in the Okanagan! wink.gif

post #460 of 1313 Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:

Did you note the overall dimension for the width of the Elunevision screen as listed on the link you posted (I assume the value listed is for the screen case itself). It says it is 292.1 cm, or 115 inches, which is substantially greater than the 104 inches you earlier said was the maximum you could accommodate.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
post #461 of 1313 Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
^^
Yeah, that particular model's housing appears to be a good bit wider than most other motorized screens with a 92" diagonal. I am guessing the tensioning mechanism makes it wider than non-tensioned models.

If it were me, I would go with the widest screen I could get and leave off the tensioning mechanism. He should be able to get closer to 100" diagonal screen with that 104" limitation for the housing.
post #462 of 1313 Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 PM

Liked: 13
Just picked up my Epson 5020, going to be another month or so before it is up an running (have to finish where it's going first). However I have a surge suppressor question. I was originally going to get a panamax, belkin, etc. unit but I am hearing that maybe I should get one with a UPC? Anybody shed some light on that or if needed for this projector. My power has been stable, can't recall many blackouts or any brownouts and the house was built new in 2006 with the basement getting wired in a week a so.

post #463 of 1313 Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 PM
DTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post

Did you note the overall dimension for the width of the Elunevision screen as listed on the link you posted (I assume the value listed is for the screen case itself). It says it is 292.1 cm, or 115 inches, which is substantially greater than the 104 inches you earlier said was the maximum you could accommodate.
I phoned Elunevision and asked for the dimensions for this EV-T3-92_1.0 model he said the housing is 100 in long end to end the
rail at the bottom is 95 inches wide
For the 106 size its housing 114 wide bottom rail is 107 someone's wrong even on there own website he quoted differently
I haven't paid for this screen yet. I still can cancel but I what black I would like to get 106 model that will fit I found one in stock at a store
that is a accuscreen motorized for 600.00 that is 104 1/2 wide that will fit but couldn't find any info I should say the box said Cinema Choice but the manual said accuscreen
so if anyone has a Idea on which would fit and black
Thanks C

http://www.elunevision.com/reftab-dimensions.html
post #464 of 1313 Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi guys, maybe someone can help me out. I just installed the projector and having major issues.

I have ceiling installation and first when I powered it on - the image was flipped (which is understandable), but I was able to adjust the size and sharpness and it looked good, but flipped. When I went and changed in Settings > Projection > Front/Ceiling - the image is in normal position, however I am getting a huge purple cast everywhere, it doesn't matter if I use the source or not, menus are blurry and purple cast that is doubling the image. I tried taking shots to show both examples and while it's not evident on my crappy pictures, it's very visible in real life. It's completely unusable and hurting eyes.

Anyone saw anything like that? Is there a fix or I got defective unit?

Good image (Front)

Poor image (Front/Ceiling)
post #465 of 1313 Old 04-27-2013, 03:19 AM

Hi,
I got a lot of trouble when I connect my laptop to the HDMI ports. The image goes from time to time completely to black for 3 to 5 seconds and then it comes back.
I was told that a similar error was fixed for the 5010/6010 series with firmware 1.08.
Does anybody know the version of the current firmware for the 5020UB? My Firmware is V1.00.
Thanks, M
post #466 of 1313 Old 04-27-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stactum View Post

Hi guys, maybe someone can help me out. I just installed the projector and having major issues.

I have ceiling installation and first when I powered it on - the image was flipped (which is understandable), but I was able to adjust the size and sharpness and it looked good, but flipped. When I went and changed in Settings > Projection > Front/Ceiling - the image is in normal position, however I am getting a huge purple cast everywhere, it doesn't matter if I use the source or not, menus are blurry and purple cast that is doubling the image. I tried taking shots to show both examples and while it's not evident on my crappy pictures, it's very visible in real life. It's completely unusable and hurting eyes.

Anyone saw anything like that? Is there a fix or I got defective unit?

Does not look very pretty. No such problem here, all modes show crystal clear images.
post #467 of 1313 Old 04-27-2013, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by stactum View Post

I have ceiling installation and first when I powered it on - the image was flipped (which is understandable), but I was able to adjust the size and sharpness and it looked good, but flipped. When I went and changed in Settings > Projection > Front/Ceiling - the image is in normal position, however I am getting a huge purple cast everywhere, it doesn't matter if I use the source or not, menus are blurry and purple cast that is doubling the image.

I remember someone posting that the panel alignment feature failed to take into account the orientation. In other words, if that feature was used you could have good convergence in the normal position but it would go out of convergence when you switched to ceiling mode. That's all I can think of. You could try playing with the panel alignment while in ceiling mode and see if you can line up the colours.
post #468 of 1313 Old 04-27-2013, 08:16 PM

Hello Everyone, I am planning to buy this projector after much research and reading all reviews online. I have also tried the calculators to get an idea of the throw distance but I am still a little confused.

My questions is : Can I have this projector working with a 150" 16:9 screen while the projector in installed on the back wall which is exactly at 22'10" away from the screen ? Will the image fit properly within the screen ?

Thanks much in advance !!
post #469 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 04:06 AM

Buy adding a DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000 to a Epson 5020ub really improve a Blu-Ray picture?
These are not cheep at around $300.00, so is any one using one of these projected on a large screen?
post #470 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 05:01 AM

Liked: 35
Pravaasi,
According to projectorcentral.com, a 150 screen needs a throw distance of 14'8"-31'4"...so you are fine.

"Engineers aren't boring people, we just get excited over boring things".
--Anon.

post #471 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 10:31 AM

Hi I was wondering would running in dynamic mode reduce life lamp more than running in living room mode? I have a light controlled black cave with a 150 inch wall/screen. I am also debating between living room mode on eco mode vs cinema mode on normal. I really like the brightness of the living room mode and contrast is still wonderful. This is a huge upgrade over the 8350. Thanks.
post #472 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx View Post

Hi I was wondering would running in dynamic mode reduce life lamp more than running in living room mode? I have a light controlled black cave with a 150 inch wall/screen. I am also debating between living room mode on eco mode vs cinema mode on normal. I really like the brightness of the living room mode and contrast is still wonderful. This is a huge upgrade over the 8350. Thanks.

of course running the PJ in dynamic mode will shorten the lamps life
post #473 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos38 View Post

of course running the PJ in dynamic mode will shorten the lamps life

but more than living room mode? I read another thread and someone may have mistakenly stated that living room mode reduces life lamp more than dynamic mode which didn't make sense to me. So I was just looking for clarification, that is all.
post #474 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Need help finding an HDMI switch/splitter to suit my needs. Here's what I plan to do:

Oppo BDP-83
Oppo BDP-93 (just use output HDMI1)
PS3
Dune HD Base 3.0

HDMI out from all of these into a switch. Then go dual out from the switch, one leading to my Epson 5020 projector, one leading to my Onkyo 707 (or my Sony MDR-DS7500 wireless headphone transmitter, depending on how I plan to listen to audio).

Looking at monoprice.com, they do have 4x2 switches, but the reviews for them seem to indicate that the "splitting" aspect can cause problems with HD audio (amongst other things).

Any advice? I really want the best 3D/2D video signal getting to the projector, and the best audio signal getting to the receiver/headphones.

Thanks,

Chris

Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 & 93 (ISO firmware), Dune HD Base 3.0, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
post #475 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 02:20 PM

Thanks much Mr. Jones ! Your answer is really appreciated.
post #476 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pevco View Post

Buy adding a DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000 to a Epson 5020ub really improve a Blu-Ray picture?
These are not cheep at around $300.00, so is any one using one of these projected on a large screen?

Currently using a Darbee on a Epson 6010 onto a 126" screen, throw distance of about 14'. If you've read some posts in the Darbee thread, http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet I think you'll find the majority think the device is a noticeable improvement and worth the investment. As with most devices, garbage in = garbage out, but it does help improve the look of detail from good sources such as good bluray content. I like mine, and sometimes you can find 'em sold as open boxes from AVS here, or Solid Signal I think, maybe around $270. I think the worst issues have been some hdmi handshake problems with certain components. Some images.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/1380#post_22268686
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/2280#post_22314738
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399154/darbee-vision-darblet/1410#post_22270091

I think AVS still offers a reasonable return policy, so all it might cost you to try it, is the postage. Give it a whirl, and return it if you don't like the effect. Purists types might not be interested.
post #477 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligx View Post

but more than living room mode? I read another thread and someone may have mistakenly stated that living room mode reduces life lamp more than dynamic mode which didn't make sense to me. So I was just looking for clarification, that is all.

That wouldn't make sense to me either. Eco vs normal mode settings, where the actual bulb brightness is being increased, would determine the difference you might experience in lamp life. The other settings, where the lamp is still in eco mode but the gamma settings etc., are different, shouldn't affect bulb life. Running the unit in high altitude mode might help though?
post #478 of 1313 Old 04-28-2013, 06:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post

Need help finding an HDMI switch/splitter to suit my needs. Here's what I plan to do:

Oppo BDP-83
Oppo BDP-93 (just use output HDMI1)
PS3
Dune HD Base 3.0

HDMI out from all of these into a switch. Then go dual out from the switch, one leading to my Epson 5020 projector, one leading to my Onkyo 707 (or my Sony MDR-DS7500 wireless headphone transmitter, depending on how I plan to listen to audio).

Looking at monoprice.com, they do have 4x2 switches, but the reviews for them seem to indicate that the "splitting" aspect can cause problems with HD audio (amongst other things).

Any advice? I really want the best 3D/2D video signal getting to the projector, and the best audio signal getting to the receiver/headphones.

Thanks,

Chris

I see you posted in the HDMI thread area, and hopefully someone will give you some good info. http://www.avsforum.com/f/168/hdmi-q-a-the-one-connector-world
Is there a way you can setup the wireless transmitter so that it gets a audio feed from the Onkyo? Maybe a "dual zone" type setup? That seems like the easiest solution, although you'll still need a splitter to feed the receiver and the pj. I'm using a monoprice 3x1 enhanced switch that works for me, 2d/3d no issues, but not using hdmi audio from my sources as my receiver isn't hdmi. Multichannel analog is what I'm feeding my older Onkyo.
post #479 of 1313 Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 AM

Anyone using a Pronto or iRule setup to control this projector over IR?

I can't find a list of hex codes beyond a very short list. And there's only RS232 stuff on Epson's website. Maybe I'll try calling tech support.
post #480 of 1313 Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by malomalo View Post

Hi,
I got a lot of trouble when I connect my laptop to the HDMI ports. The image goes from time to time completely to black for 3 to 5 seconds and then it comes back.
I was told that a similar error was fixed for the 5010/6010 series with firmware 1.08.
Does anybody know the version of the current firmware for the 5020UB? My Firmware is V1.00.
Thanks, M

Mine is 1.04. On another note, anyone know what the dip switch settings do?
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector
Gear in this thread - 4100gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page