So, I recently purchased a 5020ube from Visual Apex and now I have to focus on the screen. I would love to have opinions from others with regard to this projector and screen gain.
Due to room limitations, I have the following I need to follow:
1) 90" motorized screen is max size.
2) Seating distance will be 9.5 ft.
3) Throw distance will be 10' 2-5" (depending on mount).
4) May be able to shelf or wall mount....will depend once I obtain PJ.
5) Lens shift will be used (vertical). PJ will be 16" above top of screen (again, room limitations).
Actual screen manufacturers will also be dictated by the room limitations...that is, in order to obtain a 90" screen, there is only a couple of manufacturers that make a motorized screen where the total screen height will be less than 53" (including casing, borders, bottom bar, etc.).
I can go with a smaller screen, but would like to max. my area as much as possible.
What gain do you think?
I have dark ceiling/ tan walls / heavy drapes over windows (90% of viewing will be at night). 90% of PJ time will be with Blu-rays. 10% will be NFL.
Thanks for any tips.