Epson 5020UB Owners Thread... - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #1591 of 1597 Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjmc99 View Post
Try an hdmi splitter, I had to do that with mine, it appears that the hdcp handshake was failing, the splitter eliminates that issue, I bought mine off amazon for around $25.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
Thank you. Also how does it work in terms of concept of having HDCP issue suddenly out of nowhere and only on one port.

Also I tried different and smaller length HDMI cable with different sources like Laptop. So why suddenly HDCP issues out of nowhere.

Last edited by aasandsas; 08-24-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1597 Old 08-25-2017, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by aasandsas View Post
Thank you. Also how does it work in terms of concept of having HDCP issue suddenly out of nowhere and only on one port.

Also I tried different and smaller length HDMI cable with different sources like Laptop. So why suddenly HDCP issues out of nowhere.
No idea, I think it might have been a power surge or something weird that went through my denon avr. Same thing happened to my old Optoma, about a month or two after switching from a direct connection from pc to projector to using an avr my hdmi ports began to fail, both ports on my Optoma, then I picked up a 5020 from a friend, then the same thing happened there after a month or so, at that point I picked up an hdmi splitter, boom, both my Optoma and 5020 work using the splitter. It has to be something with the handshake that is failing.

post #1593 of 1597 Old 08-27-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
No idea, I think it might have been a power surge or something weird that went through my denon avr. Same thing happened to my old Optoma, about a month or two after switching from a direct connection from pc to projector to using an avr my hdmi ports began to fail, both ports on my Optoma, then I picked up a 5020 from a friend, then the same thing happened there after a month or so, at that point I picked up an hdmi splitter, boom, both my Optoma and 5020 work using the splitter. It has to be something with the handshake that is failing.

Thanks I suppose I can try but doesn't make sense since HDMI Input 2 works but HDMI Input 1 doesn't work with anything. Cable is fine. I have 30ft cable running through drywall. Not sure how splitter will help in this case.

Something is fishy in terms of how Epson projectors handle long HDMI cables.

post #1594 of 1597 Old 08-27-2017, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks I suppose I can try but doesn't make sense since HDMI Input 2 works but HDMI Input 1 doesn't work with anything. Cable is fine. I have 30ft cable running through drywall. Not sure how splitter will help in this case.

Something is fishy in terms of how Epson projectors handle long HDMI cables.
The splitter removes the hdcp handshake and boosts the signal, some avr are more sensitive than others. Mine started the same way, one hdmi died then the other did. Splitter fixes both.

post #1595 of 1597 Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
The splitter removes the hdcp handshake and boosts the signal, some avr are more sensitive than others. Mine started the same way, one hdmi died then the other did. Splitter fixes both.

So got OREI HDS-102 HDMI splitter and didn't work for me. I put splitter between projector and receiver. So HDMI Port 1 is fried. I have until Mar 2018 for warranty exchange. So will use the projector until then and see if HDMI 2 fails. Sucks how HDMI port among all things fail. I hope Epson stocks 5020UB. I guess they must have a lot for these kind of replacement issues.
post #1596 of 1597 Old 08-31-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
So got OREI HDS-102 HDMI splitter and didn't work for me. I put splitter between projector and receiver. So HDMI Port 1 is fried. I have until Mar 2018 for warranty exchange. So will use the projector until then and see if HDMI 2 fails. Sucks how HDMI port among all things fail. I hope Epson stocks 5020UB. I guess they must have a lot for these kind of replacement issues.
Maybe you will get lucky and get a 5030 or 5040.

post #1597 of 1597 Old 09-01-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Maybe you will get lucky and get a 5030 or 5040.

Maybe and just maybe. Epson has lot of these bad boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page