Ceiling Mount for Sony Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Im a little confused. I want to mount my projector to the ceiling. I am currently looking at the Chief RPA020. I was going to "flush" mount this projector as close to the ceiling as possible. If I don't use an adjustable extension column do I need another plate that mounts to the celing? Chief's website isnt 100% clear, at least not to me.

I do understand that if I want to drop the projector down a couple inches I need a Joist celing mount, extension arm and the mount for the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The RPA series is designed to connect to some sort of 1 1/2" threaded column. Your best hope for minimal additional height added to the mounting hardware would be one of Chief's ceiling mounting plates and a 1 1/2" threaded nipple from your local hardware store. Most of the nipple would screw into the ceiling plate and RPA mount, only adding another .5-.75" besides the ceiling mounting plate thickness.
Just keep in mind you need to be able to reach the set screws for the 3 axis adjustments, might require an extra long phillips screwdriver.

underachiever extraordinaire
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page