Panny 7000 vs Sony HW50 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well my optoma gt750 is acting all buggy and just turns on automatically. I have to unplug it in order for it to stay off. So once the bulb is used up I don't think I'll be buying another bulb and I'll just get a different projector.

My Viewing Habits:

I like 3D, if a movie has a 3D version I will usually watch that one. I loved the 3D on the Optoma as it is DLP and doesn't give me a headache, whereas my budget LG plasma tv does give me a headache at times.

I watch more 2D movies though, but mainly since there are many more 2D movies than 3D. I watch football games on the projector.

I do game on the projector but I use my plasma tv more for gaming. I don't game competitively but I do play stuff like ninja gaiden where excessive lag will get you killed real fast.

I'm not a super stickler on picture quality....hey I've been fine with the budget optoma gt750 sitting 11 ft away from a 120in image at 1280X800.

I have 2 pairs of the optoma RF glasses and the emitter so if either of these have VESA port I can save a little bit of cash on glasses. I could also get a pair of monstervision glasses with the ir to rf transmitter and still be able to use my optoma glasses.

I have been thinking about a CIH setup but the biggest problem is that I also watch movies that have variable aspect ratio (transformers 2, Batman Dark Knight, Batman Dark Knight Rises). If this becomes a trend in hollywood it would make CIH much less appealing.

I do want lens shift both vert and horizontal. I don't really care too much if it's manual or electronic since I figure once I mount the projector, I won't be moving it.

I am willing to sacrifice some PQ for better versatility as I watch 2D, 3D, motion intensive stuff, gaming, 2.35 aspect ratio movies, 16:9 movies, and variable aspect ratio movies.

So which one of these 2 would best suit my needs? Or if there's another contender that might be better for me, I'm all ears.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Sony hw50, you can always buy a video processor like a lumagen later to do the 2.35 if you want to change the screen later.
There is no question in mind that the Sony is the better projector in nearly every way.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #3 of 3 Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Sony hw50, you can always buy a video processor like a lumagen later to do the 2.35 if you want to change the screen later.
There is no question in mind that the Sony is the better projector in nearly every way.

Thanks.

As for the lumagen...well, I probably shouldn't be spending the 3K on the sony let alone another 3 on the lumagen.

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page