Viewsonic PRO8200 vs Vivitek D950HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First time projector buyer looking to buy a great 1080p projector for a 120" screen to be used for movies and television with a PS3 and PC. The room occasionally has daylight brightening up the room. Both of these projectors seem to be within the same price range which is my price range (under nine hundred). Maybe there is another projector out there that is better within this same price range, but I have not found it. Maybe these two projectors I chose are not even in the same league, only you would know. The viewsonic has a 3 year warranty which seems nice.

If you have any thoughts on which I should go with, please let me know. If you need for info, I will provide. Thanks for the help.

Viewsonic PRO8200:
DLP 1920 x1080 (1080p) resolution, 2,000 Lumens, 3000:1 DCR
Throw Ratio (1.46 - 2.2:1), Dual HDMI Inputs with HDCP
10W x 2 Stereo Speakers, Lamp life: 4000/6000 hrs (N/Eco)
Keystone adjustment +/-40%, Low Audible Noise of < 29dB
Eco Mode for energy savings, longer lamp life and reduced audible noise, Laser remote control with batteries
3 year warranty

Vivitek D950HD
DLP 3000 Lumens of brightness with a 3000:1 contrast
16:9 Native Aspect Ratio, 4:3 compatible
1.2:1 Manual zoom and focus
1.6 to 1.92:1 Distance/width throw ratio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I too am new to the projector world, and I don't know anything about the Vivitek, but I just bought the PRO8200 and installed it last week. First impressions....ITS INCREDIBLE!!!

I'm still getting used to having such a big screen, and making adjustments based on input here on the forum, but I will say I'm very impressed with the brightness of the PRO8200, the picture quality is insane, and other than an initial issue watching "Dark Knight Rises" where it was too dark and I was having issues seeing details in some of the scenes; which I have fixed again making some changes both on the settings on the PJ, and settings on my PS3, I would say you would be very happy with the PRO8200.

I ceiling mounted mine, but I only have 8' ceilings and I now understand why without image shift (I think thats what its missing) you have to be careful on how big you want your screen to be + how far off the floor you want it thrown as the projector actually hangs pointing upward a little to get it on my wall/screen properly.

Here's a link to my thread with some pics and initial input. I hope this helps a little.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1445952/new-to-the-forum-looking-for-some-input-advice#post_22792999

Read this one to adjust output settings from your PS3 and help with being too dark if you end up getting the Viewsonic: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1449687/holy-sh-t-its-dark-in-here#post_22789444
post #3 of 3 Old 01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Nice DIY screen West! It looks great. Hard to go wrong with the Viewsonic at that price, and its been praised by some topnotch posters in the forums here, and a nice 3 yr warranty. http://www.projectorreviews.com/viewsonic/pro8200/summary.php
It would be my choice if you can't get up to $1000 for the Benq 1070. Seems the price is $979 with free shipping from these guys atm. https://www.audiogeneral.com/BenQ/widescreen.php
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Vivitek D950hd 3000 Lumen 1080p Office And Home Theater Projector , Viewsonic Pro8200 Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - D950hd by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page