living room projector recommendation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,
my first post, please don't rip me a new one? eek.gif i realize this has probably been covered a thousand times, but this is a bit unique.

i just moved, and i'm looking to upgrade from my epson moviemate 72 projector. it's been fine, but i'd love to grab something that's 1080p, and i don't need the dvd/speakers/etc.

i'm a record producer/audio engineer, so i'm ready to get nerdy.

my new bedroom and living room are connected, so i'd like to have two projectors set up, that way i can start a movie in the living room and finish it in the bedroom, via powered HDMI splitter. or simultaneously watch a movie with company staying over, instead of falling asleep in the living room smile.gif i much prefer a projector over a tv - i don't have/want cable. just movies, which i'm planning on doing via ipad-with-vga-connector and/or my laptop (which i've been doing for years). i have two Marantz 2270's for each room, a pair of JBL L100t3's for the living room and a pair of JBL L20t3's for the bedroom. i know, old school... just love the sound though. i'll be building nice screens for each room, got that all ready to go.

anyway, the living room is 13x10 and the bedroom is about the same (it's a beach bungalow in Santa Monica). there seems to be 20 billion projectors out there - i just want something that's 1080p, has HDMI and VGA inputs, looks fantastic, and is on the rugged side. not really interested in 3d as of now. light isn't a problem, i have some serious blinds...

recommendations?

thanks!
jake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Figure out your:

Budget
Projector Placement for each one. Are you going to do moviemate placement for each one or something a little more out of the way.

This will help you weed down the "thousands".

Good luck and the best thing you can do is spend more time researching.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-09-2013, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Welcome Jake! You are right...there are lots of choices. Here's few: panasonic ar100u (no 3d), the epson 8350(no 3d) 3020(has 3d) or the benq w1070 (3D dlp)
post #4 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 AM

I love my 8350 and its not completely light controlled. Plus the lens shift allows me put it places the others can't.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies!
i was looking at the panasonic ar100u and the epson 8350, so it seems i was on the right track... anyone favor one over the other? the panasonic has more lumens, if that even matters in the real world. thanks!

as far as placement - i'm going to mount each one up on the ceiling, out of the way.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page