Question about my new InFucus projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if I have this post in the right category so admins please move this thread if needed. I'm new to projectors.

I just bought an InFocus IN116 DLP projector. When I plugged it in, i noticed one "pixel" is off. It flickers white on and off and is only noticeable on dark screens. When looking at it closer, I saw that in the very corner of the pixel is a dark speck. Again, I'm new to this, but I almost wonder if that speck is a piece of dust stuck on the mirror that's preventing it from moving correctly. The pixel isn't just staying solid white and you can tell it's trying to move so I don't think it's completely dead. I haven't called newegg yet to see about sending it in for replacement but I'm kind of worried that they may have a 5 pixel rule or something anyway. Is this something that could be easily cleaned or repaired? I'd hate to send it in for something simple and be without it for 2 or 3 weeks if it's an easy fix. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
The mirrors are sealed behind glass at the time of the manufacture of the DLP chip, absolutely NO dust can get on a mirror. If you can see it trying to move, either the driver chip or the DLP imaging chip is defective and the projector should be repaired or replaced while it's still under warranty. No, is it not an "easy fix", there is nothing you can do to correct it.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-11-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Alright. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have it sent in
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page