Blue pixel groups in 3d mode (epson TW5900 (3010 in usa?)) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-11-2013, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
When I put my epson TW5900 into 3d mode (side by side, top bottom, auto (with alternating frames from powerdvd) there are blue pixel groups in the darker area's of the screen. This happens only in 3d, everything is perfectly fine in 2d, even when I turn up the brightness/contrast etc. I can not reproduce the blue pixels in any way. At first I thought it had something to do with the scaling from half side by side to the full width of the screen, but it even happens when I leave the 3d mode on auto and play a full-sbs file with powerdvd (it sends out full-resolution alternating frames then, if I'm not mistaken). The menu doesn't have the blue pixels, blacks are normal there. This led me to believe that the cable was the problem, but I've tried 2 other cables (sort and long ones) and the problem persists.

What could be the cause of this problem? A faulty blue lcd? But wouldn't you expect the blue 'dots' to appear in 2d as well? And in the menu? Faulty 3d conversion (a software fault instead of a hardware one?) (but it happens with full-res alternating frame 3d as well)

Any help is highly appreciated. Here are some pictures of the blue pixel groups: http://imgur.com/a/JXjYy

I'm going to contact epson as well, but I don't know if the customer support has more knowledge than you guys.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page