Epson 3020 projector randomly turns off my Sony Blu Ray BDVN790W - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Epson 3020 projector tells my Sony Home Theater 3D Blu Ray player, model BDVN790W, to TURN OFF AT RANDOM TIMES while playing a movie, whether a disc or streaming Netflix. It works fine for 10 minutes and then ALL OF A SUDDEN, THE BLU RAY PLAYER POWERS DOWN! Sometimes it might last 16 minutes, other times 1 hour. Hooked the Sony up to my Samsung Smart TV and it never happened, it only happens when the player is hooked up to the projector. I'm using a 35 foot HDMI v1.4 from visualapex.com and all the devices are brand new. The player is out in the open, not in a cabinet where it could overheat. I returned the Sony player to Best Buy and swapped it out for a new one, thinking there was a defect in the player, but I had the same problem with the new one too. So I KNOW it's gotta be a problem with the HDMI LINK settings on the projector or with the HDMI LINK settings on the Sony Blu Ray player. The HDMI LINK feature on the Epson projector allows you to control other devices via HDMI cable using the Epson remote. I finally just had to turn off the HDMI LINK on both devices and it stopped. I've been watching movies for two weeks with no problem. I figured it out after several weeks and hours spent on the phone with Sony, visualapex.com, and Epson. I even spoke with one of the lead technicians at Epson who helped design the Epson 3020 and he agreed with me that there must be some communication problem between these two devices. I hope this helps someone else who might have a similar problem!
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP