Epson tw 3020 (6100) fixed convergence but still leave a shadow effect. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I had some blue misconvergence and hoped it would help to do a lcd alignment and it somewhat did. The blue color is now aligned but the "misconvergence" is still there in form of a slight grey shadow effect. This can be seen in the following link for a review of the tw9100 http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/epson-eh-tw9100-201211242375.htm?page=Picture%20Quality
Under the topic panel convergence in the link you see a blue misconvergence in the first picture. The misconvergence have a direction down to the left around each letter and box in the picture. In the next picture the blue misconvergence is somewhat corrected but instead of being replaced by a black background color you now got a white letter followed by a light grey shadow effect in the same direction as the blue misconvergence and then finally the black background.
Even though its better with a grey color then the blue misconvergence it still throws me off and it sees more noticable on my projector then on this picture.
I attended a demo of the older tw6000 and it was razor sharp just white letter on a black background. I am unsure if i should get a replacement or if this will only be noticable on static effects like the subtitles or if it will degrade the moving picture aswell.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page