Epson 3020 - Small Diagonal Lines in the image - HELP! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I'm new to this forum and just purchased an Epson 3020 from Best Buy. I mounted it to the ceiling and I'm currently using a 92" Elite Screen with their AcousticPro 1080P2 screen. The projector is mounted approx. 12.5 ft from the screen.

My problem is that while the images on the screen are crisp and clear, there appears to be evenly spaced diagonal lines running from the top right corner to the lower left corner of the screen. This seems to be most noticeable when the image is bright/light in color vs. dark or red.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this something that I can adjust or is it more serious?

I've been reading about potential moire effect with AT screens, but my gut tells me this is not the case, because the diagonal lines appear to be evenly spaced but either appear or disappear based on the image colors.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

JPR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 AM

could be a moiree-problem with the resolution of the projector and the acoustic screen - although they claim it's designed for the resolution...
-try to change the zoom and check if it vanishes
-check if you also see those lines on a white sheet of paper
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

I checked the screen by simply hanging a white sheet over the existing screen.... problem solved. I ended up ordering the Elite Screen AcousticPro A4K material to replace the original screen. It arrived yesterday and I installed it on the existing frame. i couldn't be happier with the resolution. No moire, deeper color and crisper images.

If anyone is looking for a high quality AT screen, I would recommend the A4K material from Elite Screens any day. Plus it's much cheaper than the competition.
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page